Profile for D. Campbell > Reviews

Content by D. Campbell

D. Campbell (Belfast, N.Ireland)

NEW HIGH QUALITY MINI COOPER RED METAL CAR KEYRING/FOB KEY RING free box
NEW HIGH QUALITY MINI COOPER RED METAL CAR KEYRING/FOB KEY RING free box
Offered by High-Grade Bargains
Price: 2.85

5.0 out of 5 stars The wife loves it, 4 Jun 2014
The keyring arrived promptly.
It had a good heavy feel to it and, more importantly, the wife loves it.
Happy days!

Byron Elro GLS / 23W ES 4-Panel Wall Lantern with PIR Motion Detector, White, 100w, ES94W
Price: 15.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 6 Sep 2013
I think this is first time I've given a really poor review, but in this case it's fully deserved.

I'll admit the light looks good but that's as far as it goes.

I'm a competent engineer and after reading most other peoples complaints about the short fixing bolts, I thought this wouldn't be a problem for me - it was.
When fitted flush to the wall, there are only about 2mm of bolt protruding, even after packing the back with blue-tack.
The plastic coated white nuts used for tightening the outer cover are too light-weight. One cracked and no longer fitted so I had to resort to a plain bog-standard nut.
The two holes to screw the glass cover onto the light fitting don't line up - only one bolt can be used unless you file the other hole to enlarge.
And last but not least, the PIR and timer don't work. I've adjusted the daylight sensitivity pots and also the time delay pots but neither have any effect. It is just a light that can be switched on or off.

Don't waste your time buying this - you'll probably be better off paying a few pounds more and getting something better.

PowerGen Dual USB 4.2A 20W Car Charger for Apple iPad Air, mini, iPhone 5S 5 4S 4 3Gs, Android Phones, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3; Note 3 2; Tab 3; HTC One (M8) Google Nexus and more [Designed for Apple and Android Devices] (USB Cable NOT included)
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems good to me, 6 Sep 2013
I can't say much about this product as it was bought for someone else.
I can say that it was delivered promptly and certainly looked good.

The 3.6A rating will certainly charge iPads, iPhones as well as all other smartphones and sat-navs.
The dual charging ports also allow for running a sat-nav and smartphone instead of one or the other.

I've heard no complaints back from the user of the product (and my daughter is not shy about complaining), so I'm assuming it's working fine for her :-)

World War One: History in an Hour
World War One: History in an Hour
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Knowledge in bite sized chunks . ., 16 Nov 2012
Being of a certain age (52), I seemed to know a lot about WW2 but nothing of WW1 except they fought in trenches in France. This book shows exactly how WW1 came to happen and who the main players were - well written and easily absorbed.

I was actually surprised at how little I knew on the subject of WW1.

Kitchen Craft Microwave Egg Boilers , Set of 2
Kitchen Craft Microwave Egg Boilers , Set of 2
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for lazy students, 19 May 2010
Bought these for my student daughter.
Apparently, Boiling or poaching eggs in their shells is so last century and this is the "quickest, absolutely most amazing" way of cooking eggs and they "taste great"(note to Mum).
So, student daughter and house-mates are starting work on an egg each day, 21st century style.

Better than left-over pizza, I suppose:-)

TeckNet Apple iPod Classic 120GB 160GB Leather Flip Case - Black (6th & 7th Generation 120GB 160GB, 2009 Edition)
Offered by TECKNET
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 11 Mar 2010
Bought this for my daughters new iPod classic.

The price was very good compared to what was being quoted in the main retail stores.
Delivery was prompt and the item looked and felt solid enough when it arrived.
I've not heard any complaints from her since she started using it - well, none about the case anyhow!