Profile for Sunshinesadly > Reviews

SIBEL Aluminium water spray bottle - 260ml
SIBEL Aluminium water spray bottle - 260ml
Offered by Perfect Looks

5.0 out of 5 stars Sprays better than most......!, 2 Aug 2014
I've been through numerous plastic spray bottles, mostly for spraying plants with water. None of them last very long. The nozzle always gets clogged up (with what I cannot imagine, as they are only filled with water!). This spray bottle is absolutely brilliant. It is certainly a cut above the rest and has quite a superior build quality to all the plastic ones I've had. It is also quite small, discreet and looks better sat on the kitchen counter than a big plastic one. Of course, it comes with a much higher price tag. Worth it IMHO!

Typhoon Ripple Slate Plain Small Can, Dark Grey
Typhoon Ripple Slate Plain Small Can, Dark Grey
Offered by All-Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality and stylish bit of kitchen kit., 2 Aug 2014
I bought this to keep coffee beans in as it is fairly small (12cm high), opaque, and has an air-tight lid. It is made of tin (or some other kind of metal) and is very stylish in an understated sort of way. The bamboo lid is lovely looking too and forms a good seal with the canister. I did have to send the first one I received back to the seller (Nutley's Garden Store) because the lid was loose and therefore not airtight, but the second one I received has a nicely snug fitting lid. These canisters are quite expensive but they look like they will last a pretty long time, as they are metal it won't break if you drop it on the floor!

Premier Housewares Band Coffee Canister - Green
Premier Housewares Band Coffee Canister - Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly disappointing....., 2 Aug 2014
This is a basic canister made of tin (or some kind of metal). I bought one in green and thought it looked quite funky and retro in the picture. Sadly when it arrived it was more tacky than funky and the paint was chipped off the canister in a number of places. I was not overly impressed with the quality, so sent it back for a refund. On a positive note the lid fit very snuggly so the canister is likely to be airtight.

LuguLake Vertical Ergonomic Mouse Mice, Optical Mouse Mice, Wired, Right Hand Stress Relieving Black
Offered by LuguLake Direct Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price!, 2 Aug 2014
I bought this to replace an ergonomic mouse I use at work that cost my employers £40. It lasted for 18 months before the laser died. As I have a tendency toward tendonitis I needed a replacement and found this for a mere £10.

This mouse looks exactly the same as the £40 mouse, except for the branding. It also works exactly the same as the £40 mouse. It works well and is an effective ergonomic mouse. It has a comfortable shape around which you 'cup' your hand. I find it more comfortable than the vertical mice (arguably the 'original' ergonomic mouse) which I find too upright; this shape feels more natural but still acts positively to save my forearm and elbow from tendonitis.

I did read some of the reviews here which say the mouse only lasts for a year. My experience of ergonomic mice (wired or wireless) is that for some reason they do not last forever, certainly no more than two years. I'm not techno-savvy enough to understand why they always pop off to techno-heaven after such a short period of time, but fact is they generally do. My view is that for a tenner then I can get four of these for the price of my old mouse, and chances are that will keep me going for a minimum of 4 years but hopefully 6 years. £40 = 6 years. Not bad to save myself from horrible pain!

If you need an ergonomic mouse then I would recommend this one. For a tenner it is certainly worth the risk, even if it does only last a year. I will come back this time next year and report on it's longevity!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Just very very poor......, 15 Jan 2014
I bought two of these as presents. They were described as having humourous sayings on each page and cute pictures of animals. However the 'humourous' sayings were worse than those found in a Christmas cracker, and even worse the calendars were mis-printed, with one month repeated twice and another month missing completely. The company's customer service department were initially reluctant to refund without charging me for return postage. Once I questioned them about this they apologised and agreed that I could return the faulty items without having to pay return postage. I then got a full refund. Overall, a great disappointment.

Oxford 001 International Classic Notebook 160 Pages [80 sheets] 230x297mm A4plus Orange and Grey Ref N001202 (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Oxford Notebooks - best quality paper ever!, 15 Jan 2014
These are really excellent quality notebooks.

They are expensive, but if you can manage the price you will not be disappointed. I've knocked one star off because of the price. They have only 80 pages but are at least £5 each if bought in bulk, but can be twice that if bought as a single.

The quality of the paper is superb, no bleed through or show through. The notebooks are unusual in that they are narrow ruled. I have quite small writing and find it frustrating that general quality notepaper and books is wide ruled as standard. I struggle to find decent notepaper that is narrow ruled. These notebooks are both narrow ruled and really good quality. The hardback cover is a bonus, means you can write on your knees easily and the pages don't get so easily damaged when shoved in a bag!

Chickens (Slim) 2014 (Calendar 2014)
Chickens (Slim) 2014 (Calendar 2014)
by Avonside Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken calendar 2014, 15 Jan 2014
I was looking for a calendar for my kitchen. When I came across this one on Amazon it made me smile. It has not disappointed. The pictures are really lovely. Either you will buy this because you are a chicken geek or because, like me, it makes you laugh to look at pictures of cute chickens. I guess it takes a particularly weirdo sense of humour sometimes....

Cruzer Blade 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ50-016G-B35)
Cruzer Blade 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ50-016G-B35)

2.0 out of 5 stars Malfunctioned after 8 months, 26 Oct 2012
On receiving this I thought it a great piece of kit. Small, unobtrusive and did the job of backing up my computer really well. But after 8 months it malfunctioned and my computer failed to recognise it (yes I checked it wasn't a problem with the usb port!). Have no idea if this was just bad luck, or something intrinisic to the design/make. A great shame. I asked Amazon for a refund and they have duly obliged. However I'm unable to return it for a refund because the drive contains the contents of my computer hard drive and I can't access it (because it has malfunctioned) to delete the contents (but someone more savvy undoubtedly could). Reported this to Amazon and they gave me a refund without having to return the product. Amazon are amazing!

Bench Ladies Purple Dial Watch With Black Strap
Bench Ladies Purple Dial Watch With Black Strap

3.0 out of 5 stars My favourite watch....but it died after 3 years!, 13 Oct 2012
This was a great watch: it looked good, great purple colour, nice simple black leather strap. Then after 3 years it started loosing time really badly despite having a new battery. I would expect a half-decent watch to last quite a bit longer than 3 years before giving up the ghost! So maybe this is not a very good quality watch after all!

Pet Remedy Natural De-Stress and Calming Plug-In Diffuser, 40 ml
Pet Remedy Natural De-Stress and Calming Plug-In Diffuser, 40 ml
Offered by Decrescent

4.0 out of 5 stars Calming drugs for cats. In a bottle., 8 Oct 2012
My cat was becoming very unhappy and randomly pee-ing in the house when I embarked on a major decorating project. I normally use Feliway, but thought I'd give a natural product a go as I'd previously had some success with Valarian and the cat seemed quite keen on the smell of it.

This is a plug-in device that gradually releases a smell of various herbs, and presumably some vapour, via the heat produced from plugging it in. The smell is quite strong to begin with but does become less noticeable after a while. It smells a little medicinal but I did not find it unpleasant, although I see other reviewers have disliked it enough to stop using it. I feel this is a shame as in my view the product is as equally effective as Feliway in calming down my cat.

I would recommend that cat owners give this go. It certainly will not do any harm, and may do some good. It does have a strong smell to begin with, but in my view a strong herbal smell is better than the smell of cat pee any day!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3