Profile for Paul J Hunter > Reviews

The Definitive Guide on Where to Fish in Norfolk & Suffolk
The Definitive Guide on Where to Fish in Norfolk & Suffolk
by John Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishing Bible, 25 Feb 2014
Well written, informative and very useful. I have already found numerous places of interest that have been close to me all along. The small section on tactics is welcome and useful and the book is full of photographs of fish native to the British Isles.

Top Tactics for Big Chub
Top Tactics for Big Chub

5.0 out of 5 stars Biblical, 25 Feb 2014
With over 50 years of fishing experience I found my self constantly highlighting and bookmarking pages for future reference. His explanation of how he splits a shoal of chub so he can remove the smaller fish from the swim and hold the larger ones in a certain place is something I will always remember.

Mr. Crabtree Goes Fishing
Mr. Crabtree Goes Fishing

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 25 Feb 2014
I was very happy to see the Kindle version of this book. It doesn't lose any of it's charm when read on a device. By tapping each section of text the device zooms in and is easily read. I will be reading it more than once for sure.

The Compleat Angler
The Compleat Angler

1.0 out of 5 stars I often heard Issak Walton referenced by Chris Yates., 3 Jan 2014
Was difficult to read and reminded me of studying Chaucer back in the 6th form! I'm sure there are good parts in it, but it wasn't an easy read.

Suffolk Artists of the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century
Suffolk Artists of the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century
by Josephine Walpole

4.0 out of 5 stars It was a gift..., 3 Jan 2014
It arrived very quickly and my Dad is very happy with it. The book is quite large, and although I haven't read it, I am told it is interesting and looks good on the coffee table!

Stealth Boat: Fighting the Cold War in a Fast Attack Submarine
Stealth Boat: Fighting the Cold War in a Fast Attack Submarine

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected., 3 Jan 2014
I enjoyed this book, it was very very funny at times. Those looking for a historical read about the Cold War may be disappointed. It is more a collection of stories both funny and interesting that occurred during the writer's submarine career.

Baptism: A Vietnam Memoir
Baptism: A Vietnam Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars a good read, 12 Oct 2013
Held interest from the start and the author is both likeable and in possession of a straight forward writing style.

Matterhorn
Matterhorn

4.0 out of 5 stars intense read from start to finish., 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Matterhorn (Kindle Edition)
Really captures the horrors, pain and suffering of an infantry soldier. Makes you think more than twice about complaining about ANY peacetime trouble you may find yourself embroiled in.

Unhooking Mat 80 X 45
Unhooking Mat 80 X 45
Offered by carp-corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Unhooking Mat 80 X 45 (Misc.)
Light weight, easy to roll up and protects the fish nicely. Very good value for money and an important product for any angler to have.

Shot Down in Flames: A World War II Fighter Pilot's Remarkable Tale of Survival
Shot Down in Flames: A World War II Fighter Pilot's Remarkable Tale of Survival

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing man, 12 Aug 2013
I saw a documentary about Spitfire pilots with on T.V. and Geoffrey Page was one of the main interviewees. He has a very interesting guy and his life story is good reading, I recommend this book highly.

Page: 1 | 2