Profile for Nic > Reviews

Content by Nic

Nic (Bristol, United Kingdom)

LaCie iamaKey USB Flash Drive 8GB
LaCie iamaKey USB Flash Drive 8GB
Offered by McArdle Office Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Very neat piece of kit, 18 May 2009
This key is a great purchase. I used to always loose or break my USB drives. Not so with this one. It is exactly the size and shape of a standard house key and is now permanently with me on my key ring. It is incredibly sturdy due to its metal construction. Granted this is not the cheapest but you get what you pay for!

Elton John: Elton 60 - Live At Madison Square [Blu-ray] [2007]
Elton John: Elton 60 - Live At Madison Square [Blu-ray] [2007]
Dvd ~ Elton John

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 10 Dec 2007
Celebrating his 60th birthday on stage, Elton gave a wonderful show. For more than 3 hours, Elton goes from his famous hits to much rarer songs such as High Flying Bird or Where To Now St Peter?. It's a great set list and makes for one of the most entertaining shows available on video.

I did get to see the DVD of this concert and while the picture quality was very good, I was a bit disappointed by the audio. I do however like Elton and as a newcomer to the Blu-Ray world thought I'd add that one to my collection. I was right to do so. This Blu-Ray release is simply stunning. Both audio and video are absolutely top notch.

The 1080p picture is amongst the best shot-on-HD picture available. The level of details is unbelievable and the colours leap from the screen (Just look at a close up shot on the drums!). This is a massive upgrade over the already very good DVD.

The PCM 5.1 audio track is, well, simply breathtaking and can't be faulted. You probably need to buy a new amplifier to enjoy it, but this is certainly worth the expense and demonstrates how the new HD formats improve the sound as much as the picture.

My only criticism with this release is that it doesn't include any extras (even though I've read that the extras included in the DVD box set would be included, they are no where to be found. No mention of them on the box or in the menu).

At the end of the day, Elton's fans simply can't miss this one. For everyone else, this is an amazing disc to put in and demo your system and watch a great show.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 4, 2013 10:29 PM BST

The Captain and The Kid
The Captain and The Kid

5.0 out of 5 stars Joy!, 25 Sep 2006
This review is from: The Captain and The Kid (Audio CD)
I was very curious to listen to this album after reading good reviews pretty much everywhere. And I can only agree with them. The sound has very strong references to his work from the 70's yet with a very modern edge and the lyrics have a wonderful depth.

The album is one cohesive piece, where every track is a gem that has its rightful place, and you find yourself listening to the entire album every time.

As amazing as it sounds, Elton might actually have recorded his best ever album.