Profile for R. J. Murphy > Reviews

Content by R. J. Murphy

R. J. Murphy "snap happy 1" (Central Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Leather Racing Style Perforated Watch Straps with Black & Orange insert 22mm
Leather Racing Style Perforated Watch Straps with Black & Orange insert 22mm

4.0 out of 5 stars great looking watch strap, 28 May 2014
This is a really good looking watch strap. It arrived in good time and well packaged. If it lasts as well as it looks I would be happy to give 5 stars, but for now I feel 4 stars if fair.

Light Brown Alligator Grain Genuine Leather Watch Strap 22mm
Light Brown Alligator Grain Genuine Leather Watch Strap 22mm

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch strap, 28 May 2014
Product arrived in good time and well packaged. As with most new watch straps it was a little stiff to start but quickly became pliable and comfortable. It seems to be wearing well but still quite new - hence only 4 stars. Could be 5 stars if it lasts well.

Garmin Nuvi 310/200/250/270/300/310/350 Mains Uk home Charger RECOMMENDED PRODUCT BY MICROVILLAGE

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 24 Feb 2014
Don't waste your money buying this. I used it a couple of times and then the earth pin snapped off and it was useless.

Garmin Deluxe Carry Case for Non-widescreen Nuvi
Garmin Deluxe Carry Case for Non-widescreen Nuvi

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, 24 Feb 2014
This is a good case which I bought a long time ago now. Has had plenty of use and still looks in very good condition. Padded enough to offer a high level of protection to my sat nav. Glad I bought it!

Fujifilm X10 Digital Camera - (12MP EXR CMOS, 4x Optical Zoom) 2.8 inch LCD Screen
Price: 199.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but flawed, 24 Feb 2014
Bought for my son, but had to be returned as it was faulty. My son then bought other copies of this camera from different suppliers and all of them developed the same fault and had subsequently to be returned. A great pity as the images the camera produced were of very high quality until it developed the fault. I understand that fujifilm have resolved the fault in later versions of the X10 but too late for my son.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2014 9:56 AM BST

Manfrotto Rectangular Plate with 1/4 inch Screw
Manfrotto Rectangular Plate with 1/4 inch Screw
Offered by CameraKing
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made product, 24 Feb 2014
Like all Manfrotto gear this is a well made item - I wouldn't trust my expensive lenses to it otherwise. Would recommend to anyone without reservation.

maxbuy - New ASUS MeMO Pad 10 ME102A Protective Case with bonus stylus pen - Flip Stand synthesized leather Cover Skin for ASUS MeMO Pad 10 Tablet (ME102A) (Black)
Offered by maxbuy
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product at a fair price, 24 Feb 2014
The product arrived promptly and well packaged. I was immediately impressed by the fit and finish of this case. If I had to be picky I would say that it isn't the best arrangement for turning the case into a stand - a bit too floppy for my liking (but a very good product all the same).

Diecut Cookbook: Meat, Poultry and Game - Love Food
Diecut Cookbook: Meat, Poultry and Game - Love Food
by Parragon Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book spoilt by musty smell, 24 Feb 2014
This is a useful addition to my ever expanding cook book library and very good value at the price I paid. The book arrived promptly but there was a very strong musty smell (as if the book had been stored damp at some point) which still lingers on some of the pages.

Cables To Go 1m Usb 2.0 A Male/a Male Cable Black
Cables To Go 1m Usb 2.0 A Male/a Male Cable Black
Offered by HDMIPerfect
Price: 1.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for my needs, 24 Feb 2014
Cable works just as I expected it to - no fuss, no drama! It isn't the best quality I've ever seen but adequate for my needs. I would buy from this seller again as their service was prompt.

A Taste of My Life
A Taste of My Life
by Raymond Blanc
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful life of a master chef, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: A Taste of My Life (Paperback)
What an inspiring book. Raymond Blanc is a very honest man - very refreshing to find in this day and age. What I particularly like is that Monsieur Blanc does not try to whitewash his business failures and challenges. Everything is told - warts and all!
It would be difficult not to admire such dedication. As you would expect from a master chef, his recipes and explanations of the techniques behind them are very informative. Unlike some other recipe books I have found the recipes in this book work just as they are written (although our oven temperature is not precise, but we have learned to adapt in all our baking cooking).
If you are interested in cooking I am sure you will find this a good read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3