Profile for B. Prince > Reviews

Content by B. Prince

B. Prince "Jam sandwich" (South Coast UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Place to Die
No Place to Die
Price: 3.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Title for your review (required) I can't think of a title without swearing., 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: No Place to Die (Kindle Edition)
Write your review here (required)
Why did you give it the star rating you awarded? Because it ain't worth more.
What did you like or dislike about this book? There is no one to care about in this book.

If you can get this book for free, then go for it, otherwise don't bother, it's poorly written trash.

Wormhole (The Rho Agenda Book 3)
Wormhole (The Rho Agenda Book 3)
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD EFFORT, 31 Aug 2013
This trilogy by Richard Phillips was my first foray into science fiction although I am heavily into science fact.

Phillips seems to know what he is talking about and I refute the claims of some reviewers that some of the storyline is scientifically impossible. The 'fiction' part of 'science fiction' makes anything possible and Phillips has used his narrative to weave a story that is both compelling and frightening.

Wormhole is the third and last book in the series and it is definitely best to read the preceeding 2 books first.

My conclusion is that this is a story worth reading and it certainly made me think about what our governments could be up to, especially after seeing the Snowden leaks.

A Well-deserved Murder (Trevor Joseph Detective series Book 7)
A Well-deserved Murder (Trevor Joseph Detective series Book 7)
Price: 1.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Strangely, quite a good yarn, 26 Jun 2013
I say strangely because despite the editing being beyond bad, I found this book quite enjoyable. I pretty much knew "who did it" from about a third of the way in and the bad editing makes it very hard to read. For example, there are no line breaks between paragraphs and we jump from 2 people talking in an office to a meeting in the pub without a space. But with patience and occasionally having to jump back a page to try and make sense of things, this is an ok murder mystery.

Buy it to read on the train.

JET
JET
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars One of the better free books for kindle, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: JET (Kindle Edition)
A good read, nicely thought out and quite entertaining. I enjoyed it, although I skipped through the back story because I found the story lost its pace when the author went into flashback mode.

At one point, when Jet is thinking back to her past, he writes that's no point dwelling in the past, good point.

Beyond Midnight
Beyond Midnight
Price: 2.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Rocking, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Beyond Midnight (Kindle Edition)
I'm not sure if this is romantic fiction or murder mystery, but whatever it is, it's a very good read.

All of the characters are well thought out. I worried for Helen and her family, as they were slowly ruined by a thoroughly nasty villain and although we know who the villain is, the build up to the final confrontation kept me reading.

A great book, being free it has introduced me to a new writer and I would love to see more of this family.

The Island (Fallen Earth Book 1)
The Island (Fallen Earth Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Good story hidden by digression, 3 Jun 2013
Even the author apologises for digression into memories or explanations, so we are warned.

I felt that there is a story trying to get out in this book, but for a story to be captivating, it needs to hold the interest of the reader. The author failed to hold my interest. An example, when William Hill, our main character, is stopped by the police, there are four pages of waffle between the sheriff getting out of his own car and reaching Hills car. Why?

This book is incredibly short, I understand that it is the first in a series, but the fact that there is barely an hour's reading in this tells me that this series is in fact 1 book, broken up into episodes so that the author can make a bit more money, shame. When I started writing this I had awarded 3 stars, but now I don't feel it's even worth that.

Perfect Crime
Perfect Crime

1.0 out of 5 stars Candid review, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Perfect Crime (Kindle Edition)
Why is this called perfect crime when it's about the most far from perfect crime I've ever read about?.

This is utter bs and I seriously hope that the writer has a day job and is not relying on income from his writing.

The Fifth Day
The Fifth Day
Price: 2.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Better than sleeping pills, 29 May 2013
This review is from: The Fifth Day (Kindle Edition)
I managed to read through the first dozen or so pages, then when our art thief takes off in his little plane and starts "thinking back" I started to lose interest.

When his flashback continues for ever, I started to wonder if maybe the cookson couple could have actually written 2 books here, one about the theft and another on how the couple met.

I've even lost interest in writing this because I can think of absolutely nothing good to say about this book.

Chameleon: A City of London Thriller
Chameleon: A City of London Thriller

3.0 out of 5 stars A jolly good read, 23 May 2013
I am enjoying this series from J Jackson Bentley, although if you are looking for a bodyguard, I wouldn't recommend Vastrick security services.

The writer does digress from the subject a bit too much, filling space with the history of people and buildings, but I am happy to do skip these pages and find I don't miss anything by doing this.

All in all, a good read.

Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)
Gray Justice (Tom Gray #1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete drivel, 12 May 2013
Racist, right wing and complete bull.
Not only does the author know absolutely nothing about the SAS nor Sussex police armed response units, he also has a totally misguided sense on how the British public would react to kidnap and murder.
This book is complete nonsense. And planting a chemical weapon under a beehive is sick.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 15, 2013 11:37 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3