Profile for Susan > Reviews

The Innocent [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sean Patrick Flaherty
Offered by Qoolist

3.0 out of 5 stars Logical storyline but slow paced, 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Innocent [DVD] (DVD)
This is an okay movie overall but the first hour or so isn't very engaging. All bar the last twenty minutes, the reason and logic behind the content was not obvious and sometimes confusing. It wasn't clear who the "beings" were, why they were there or what they wanted. The end of the film has a logical conclusion but it takes a lot of time to get there. Overall, I would not recommend this movie.

Bioffice Bi-office Cork/write On Wipe Off Board 900x600mm Mx07001010
Bioffice Bi-office Cork/write On Wipe Off Board 900x600mm Mx07001010

4.0 out of 5 stars Not great; but not bad., 17 Sept. 2014
This combo board comes with a black whiteboard marker and a small pack of pins. The size is accurate to the specification and equally divided into cork and whiteboard. The quality of the materials an very easily be brought into question - the wood is very weak and can break easily but the product, as a whole, hasn't fallen into pieces just yet, so I am satisfied. The price is also notably reasonable considering the size.

Scotch Restickable Tabs 25.4mm x 25.4mm (R100) - 1 pack, 18 tabs per pack
Scotch Restickable Tabs 25.4mm x 25.4mm (R100) - 1 pack, 18 tabs per pack

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed., 17 Sept. 2014
These tabs are reasonably strong. They do a standard job of holding items up but are not suitable for items which are not very, very light in weight. I feel that the quoted weight suitability (1 lb) is inaccurate and that it does, in fact, hold significantly less than that.

One other disappointment was that, once the item had been used, it could not be reused because it loses a lot of its stickiness when removed from a wall. Overall; not a bad product for very light items but there are other, more effective solutions than this product. I wouldn't consider buying this item again.

NU Stone A7 Tradie Notebook
NU Stone A7 Tradie Notebook

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough & Durable with one minor fault, 17 Sept. 2014
This notepad is good quality and very affordable compared to what I expected.

- Regarding "Water and Oil Resistant": I don't use the product in an environment where it has come into contact with water and so I cannot comment on this.
- Regarding: "Tear Resistant": The paper is definitely resistant to tears, however I've experienced issues with tearing the paper with any notepad I've had in the past, (whether it was tear resistant or not) and so this isn't a particularly significant feature for me.
- Regarding ink smudges: I use a type of pen that is particularly runny in terms of its ink and so I often find that, when I open the notepad up having used it with liquid ink, it has become smudged. It remains reasonable legible and so this isn't too much of an issue for me; just an observation.

This notepad is reasonably tough and durable and the design is impressive. Aside from one minor issue, (stated above), I am pleased with the product and would purchase it again.

Theme Hospital (PC CD-ROM)
Theme Hospital (PC CD-ROM)
Offered by replay-international

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Game (When Compatible), 19 May 2014
Theme Hospital is a highly addictive game.

The only downside to this is that, unfortunately, I am unable to run it because my computer does not meet the requirements. Despite having Windows 7, a Graphics Card, a Quad-Core processor, and many other high-spec components in my PC, it appears that the game is completely unusable with 64-Bit Operating Systems (which is a real shame). I picked up a 2003 PC for £50 running Windows XP, and Theme Hospital worked great. (Usually I'd expect it to fail on an old PC but work great on a modern one, but I guess this is an exception!)

Overall, a great game but it's worth checking compatibility before buying. I know it's only a few pounds but it's still a waste if it's unusable!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2015 10:25 AM GMT

SanDisk SDCZ37-008G-FFP Cruzer Slice 8 GB USB Flash Drive
SanDisk SDCZ37-008G-FFP Cruzer Slice 8 GB USB Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Portable Storage with Modern Functions & a Modern Look, 19 May 2014
I bought the SanDisk Cruzer Slice 8GB for various reasons. I had owned SanDisk products in the past and they were very reliable. I chose 8GB simply because it seemed to be priced lower than the lower-capacity versions (as illogical as it may seem).

The SanDisk Cruzer Slice looks very modern. It is high capacity (especially considering I only use 1.5GB, and that's when I have random junk from 2009-2012 on there). The in-built facility of SanDisk Secure Access Manager isn't of much use to me, but when I have used it in the past, it was very reliable and was clearly an effective and easy method of protecting files which I did not want made available to other people.

Overall, the product exceeds the basic purpose of a USB stick and is a reliable and modern-looking flash drive. I would recommend this product.

Age Of Empires III (PC)
Age Of Empires III (PC)
Offered by RAREWAVES

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense and Engaging Strategy Game, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Age Of Empires III (PC) (CD-ROM)
Age of Empires is a must-have for lovers of strategy games. Players are expected to create and maintain a strong army and defeat many opponents of various civilisations. It is very interesting to play through the different civilisations, as the types of people you can add to your army vary depending on the civilisation you are playing as. The storyline isn't as long as I'd like it to be, but the player can choose Random Maps at any time (as opposed to the storyline) and explore the differences between cultures from a logical, historic perspective. This has got to be one of my favourite games, and I don't even consider myself as a strategy-game lover!

Overall, this is a great game with decent graphics, which do not require high computer specifications to run properly.

Behringer HA400 Microamp 4 Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier
Behringer HA400 Microamp 4 Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, Basic Audio Equipment, 19 May 2014
The Behringer HA400 is the lower-end headphone amplifier by Behringer. However, it performs quite well as a headphone splitter and the individual volume knobs are a useful and effective function.

I have only one issue with this product, which is actually quite common among headphone amplifiers, even from other manufacturers and even with higher-specification headphone amplifiers. This issue is the reduction in sound quality from the audio entering the amp from the source, to the audio it essentially "amplifies" and sends to my headphones as an end result. Many people complain of this problem, and while there are some possible solutions, such as lowering the input volume or moving the device further away from possible interference, most are ineffective.

The depressing reality which I have recently faced is that it will be very unlikely that I will be able to find a headphone amplifier which is capable of amplifying audio without compromising the quality of the audio. This is a real shame but perhaps, in the forthcoming years, a new headphone amplifier will be manufactured with new technology to effectively protect it from interference, all the way through from the source of the audio, to the 6.3mm socket connecting the headphones. One likely method of doing this could be to supply cables with the amplifier which have the necessary ability to carry audio signals between devices without losing quality.

Overall, I am satisfied with this product, (at least for £15), because it does the job and whilst the audio quality isn't fantastic, it's not easily noticeable to someone used to basic sound quality. I also like the 6.3mm inputs and outputs. As opposed to standard-quality 3.5mm outputs, the outputs on the HA400 allow connections to high-end, professional headphones (typically these use 6.3mm) without the need for a jack adapter, especially as these adapters are known to decrease sound quality further.

St John Ambulance Vinyl Powder-Free Gloves Small (Box of 100)
St John Ambulance Vinyl Powder-Free Gloves Small (Box of 100)

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional & Affordable Medical Equipment, 26 April 2014
I bought these gloves as a result of finding myself dealing with medical situations more than the average civilian.

I find that these gloves are a great solution for preventing infection and retaining hygiene whilst coming into contact with people with fresh wounds with weeping blood. They are an effective addition to any basic first aid kit.

They are comfortable to wear and look like as professional as those you would expect a University-Trained Doctor/Paramedic to have. Overall, I am impressed with this equipment and recommend it to anyone working in the medical industry or public sector with high professional standards.

Behringer AMP800 Mini Amp 4 Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier
Behringer AMP800 Mini Amp 4 Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Time, Energy & Money, 26 April 2014
I bought the Behringer AMP800 to amplify the audio from my computer and to add additional headphones to the computer system. Having judged by the manufacturer's description, this product seemed like the best solution. What the description did NOT mention, was that the power supply was a 2-Pin European unit - not one which can be used in the UK. I used a Euro 2-Pin to UK 3-pin converter to power the amplifier, but as these plug converter are designed for low-power devices like shavers and mobile phones, the end result was that the Behringer AMP800 produced awful quality sound which was distorted beyond recognition. It would have been nice to know that the product was simply a foreign import - then I would have been spared the hassle of having to return it.

My recommendation is that people/businesses with similar needs to mine should consider other brands of studio equipment. This could potentially save time, money and effort.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 8:27 PM BST