Profile for Mel F > Reviews

Essex Boys Retribution [DVD]
Essex Boys Retribution [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Murray

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT WATCH OR BUY THIS FILM, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Essex Boys Retribution [DVD] (DVD)
Pure and utter drivel from beginning to end. Terrible script and even worse acting from actors who would better serve film, the arts, and humanity by taking a vow of silence or a job in Amazon's distribution warehouses stacking boxes, never to be seen or heard from again. The gangsters are not credible in any way and even the `totty' in the film there for eye candy is pretty darn rough. I can't believe that people are willing to churn out rubbish like this.

Do not waste your life even considering buying this. Leave this page now. Do not be fooled by the reviews on this page, which are clearly from people who are the cast, crew, or connected to the production in some way. A good tip as to whether an Amazon review is genuine is unbridled optimism which reiterates the item description in some way, and if someone has only ever left one review (for the item in question). Will that in mind, happy shopping (as long as you're buying something else).

Study Skills Essentials: Oxford Graduates Reveal Their Study Tactics, Essay Secrets and Exam Advice

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful guide - highly recommended., 10 Oct 2013
I bought the kindle edition of this as I really like being able to read books on the tube on my way to classes. I looked at a few different study guides in a book shop before this one, and looked at all the Amazon reviews. Lots of them say the same, obvious things ("give yourself breaks", "be organised") etc which aren't terribly helpful. This one gives concrete guidance and tips that you can put into practice. I got to university having no study skills as I'd been to a pretty rubbish school and managed to do well at my A-levels. Suddenly surrounded by lots of privately/grammar school educated people at one of the best universities in the country I realised that I didn't have the skills they'd been honing for years. This guide has helped me bridge that gap. Particularly like the advice on note taking and revision. It's very consisely written.
My only drawback would be that I would have liked to have gone for the hardcopy so that I could highlight sections - easier to re-find certain passages quickly with a physical book, but that's a kindle issue not a problem with this book!