Profile for Russell > Reviews

Content by Russell

Russell

Page: 1 | 2
Built-in 3G + WiFi + GPS + Dual SIM card, 16GB Cambridge Sciences StarPAD 3, 10.1 3G, Quad Core Tablet PC. Android 4.2.2 + GPS SatNAV

1.0 out of 5 stars Lots of problems with product., 6 May 2014
Not a good buy, shame as I always stayed away from an ipad and last year bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 but not with 3g. So when I saw this product I knew it was much cheaper so thought I would give it a try.

First one ordered from Android Tablets - arrived but looked a little different from pictures and specs. Couldn't find the HDMI port even the booklet instructions showed various ports on side. This one had nothing and no keyboard. So returned.

Second one from Amazon arrived and totally different in look all the ports seemed there and I looked forward to trying out different aspects but from the word go everything seemed a little off. First plugged in charger, charger a very flimsy 2 pin which they then supply you with a bulky 3 pin type adaptor, why not have it all in one. I can see people here mislaying the 3 pin adaptor or forgetting to take it with them and the 2 pins look like they could snap if not very careful with them. That said I plugged in and even the plug in pin looked small I was unsure whether it was actually connected. No indication to show if it was charging led me to a couple of times pulling the pin out and pushing back in. Then it seemed to charge but the pin was slightly out of the charger port for it to work.

Switched on Wireless network which seemed good but then I started to receive facebook notifications and the product supplied must be a used product as I was logged in as someone else when I went to start Facebook.

Finally when charged I attempted to use the Bluetooth keyboard that this one had arrived with (the first time not one came with it). Turned on Bluetooth and wireless and it seemed to say it connected to Bluetooth Keyboard. I tried to type something, nothing happened but then the screen started to play up a little. If I click the internet symbol on the screen with my finger it would open the camera, if I tried to go into the Bluetooth settings it would turn on Aeroplane mode. Rather confused so I know I don't have small fingers but I'm not that clumsy to miss the buttons.

So disconnected the Bluetooth keyboard and have to say for a good few hours many things worked fine so I thought I would try a wireless mouse with a usb adaptor, this worked great and low and behold it seemed the Bluetooth keyboard started to work and behave itself. For once I was going through happy and sad phases of this product. Tried to connect a HDMI port but realised product is Micro HDMI (why does the advert not say this) and that you would need a cable to micro HDMI or a Micro HDMI adaptor to use this.

So I tried some things, everything worked fine Facebook,Netflix,emails,Skype. Until I ran out of charge - then I could not charge it again same situation as before, pin charger seemed not to find any charge unless I wiggled the connector in various places. I know i'll try the usb lead and see if I can use another power adaptor to charge via USB. The lead seemed not to fit the port correctly yet the smaller usb lead that I had been using for wireless mouse did. Could not get any charge from either way so have decided to return.

It is doubtful that I would consider or recommend this product despite having some great reviews my experiences have put me off the product as It seems slightly either missold or misadvertised in various aspects (same product ordered but received 2 different types, keyboard missing on one but supplied with other, HDMI port advertised is infact a Micro HDMI). And the charger aspect puts me off this product, the charger is ill thought out - why have a 2 pin that you need a 3 pin adaptor for and many people prefer the convienance of using a usb type power adaptor to charge these units.

5 Star Office Suspension File Manilla Heavyweight with Tabs and Inserts Foolscap Blue (Pack of 50)
Offered by Ideal Office Supplies Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the office, 15 Aug 2013
Excellent product great for the office files and at a great price not found in the high streets.
Durable and Hard Wearing to hold good amounts of files

Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)
Esselte Pendaflex A4 Vertical Suspension Files - Assorted (Pack of 10)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice handy little files, 8 July 2013
Ideal little suspension files ideal for filing those receipts/invoices away. Slightly too small for the filing cabinet I have but still ok for the intended purchase.

Sale Price Stickers
Sale Price Stickers
Offered by School Stickers

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the sticker, 8 July 2013
Very hand little stickers ideal for pricing up those sale items and good for car boot sales to ticket up each item quickly.

New Samsung NP-R530-JA09UK 15.6" LAPTOP LED SCREEN
New Samsung NP-R530-JA09UK 15.6" LAPTOP LED SCREEN
Offered by Laptop Adapters

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quick Replacement, 2 April 2013
Wow - great product great price and so easy to install.
When my Samsung Laptop was knocked off and the monitor had only half the screen visible - luckily this was great and so easy to buy and replace (even a novice it took me less than 20 mins - ok i used a youtube video to help me but i spent a small amount of time getting my laptop ready so when this arrived it was straight in - like a pitstop !!)

First time replacement and it works wonders. Thank you

Logitech MK320 Wireless Desktop (discontinued by manufacturer)
Logitech MK320 Wireless Desktop (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job no wires !, 20 Feb 2013
Great product nicely packaged.
Very quick to install a great replacement for my previously damaged keyboard and mouse. Thank you very much.

Perixx PERIMICE-201P B, Wired PS/2 Optical Mouse - 3 Button - 800dpi Resolution - 1.5m Cable - Black
Offered by Perixx UK

4.0 out of 5 stars When you just need that wired solution., 1 Feb 2013
Ever had that time when you need a wired mouse? Just when the wireless one breaks or you don't have the right batteries. Luckily its good to have this one to hand just incase.

Now That's What I Call Music! 66
Now That's What I Call Music! 66
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to growing collection, 2 Jan 2013
Take That comeback single patience, Mika,Kaiser Chiefs,Beyonce a few girls aloud tracks - great addition to the growing collection that i have been working on

Kamikaze Gear Nintendo Wii Wireless Induction Charging Remote Dock Duo - Black (Nintendo Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lay flat remote charger, 2 Jan 2013
Great product for charging the remotes, much better than the upright ones which seemed to never sit in the holders to charge correctly. These lay flat you can leave the covers and the motion sensor and strap and it still charges great.

Blue Food Area Plasters (Assorted 120 plasters)
Blue Food Area Plasters (Assorted 120 plasters)
Offered by The Uk Safety Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Office Makeover, 21 Aug 2012
A quick way to keep in line with regulations at work - ideal to fit along side other products from this company. It is so easy to order and everything arrived in one delivery. This enabled the whole Health & Safety in the office easy to fall in line with current regulations in a matter of minutes.
Many thanks.