Profile for sja > Reviews

sja

Inspired 500ml Grout Cleaner
Inspired 500ml Grout Cleaner

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Jan. 2016
Disappointed in this; it didn't remove grout stains on our cream grout, and the instructions say to pour onto a soft cloth for use but the container has a spray top that comes separately and is far too long for the container.

Futura Aluminium 5 & 2 Tread Step Ladder Twin Pack, Anti Slip Steps, Lightweight & Portable
Offered by Futura Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Most useful buy this year!, 19 Nov. 2015
A perfect pair of ladders - and so lightweight I can carry a ladder in one hand. Ideal for household tasks - no more standing on chairs to change lightbulbs etc.

A4 Large Capacity Steel Mail Box Eurobox (black)
A4 Large Capacity Steel Mail Box Eurobox (black)
Offered by Safety Letterbox

5.0 out of 5 stars Good-looking product, 19 Nov. 2015
This is as smart as it looks, and fits neatly against the wall (it's not as deep as some). It was very easy to fit to the brick wall using the template provided - I'm delighted with it (the postman's quite pleased too, the dog less so as this has spoiled his fun!). Buying directly from the Safety Letterbox Company you can also have names/numbers added to the front.

Ancol/Pure Dog Listeners - Stop Pulling Dog Training Harness & Lead Set - Medium Size 4-6 (inc DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big, 1 Feb. 2015
Medium size was far too bulky for my dog, despite following measurement directions on YouTube. I would have sent it back, but hadn't realised it was coming from overseas.

Stainless Steel Pineapple Cutter, Slicer and Corer
Stainless Steel Pineapple Cutter, Slicer and Corer
Offered by SystemsEleven

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Sept. 2014
Initially worked wonderfully, but both solder points holding on the bottom disc broke on the second use. Delivery was also very slow, at almost 4 weeks.

Social Justice? Some Like it Not: A Practical Guide to Diversity, Equality & Inclusion in the 21st Century
by H.J. Court

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought provoking and unexpectedly enjoyable read ..., 29 Sept. 2014
Social Justice? says it all. HJ Court questions aspects of diversity, equality and inclusion that I have never even considered, let alone understood in depth. The author does not shy from blunt definitions and descriptions of terminology and practices, which makes the book suitable for all ages from mid-teens upwards, and in all settings from citizenship lessons at school to academia and business. Two things in particular struck me: the first is how widespread subliminal prejudice is (and, worse, that I have offended in this field to some small extent); the second is how HJ Court writes with such clarity and humour on a difficult subject. A thought-provoking and entertaining read, I will without doubt revisit sections of it on a regular basis.

The Telegraph
The Telegraph

3.0 out of 5 stars Weekend editions crash my Kindle, 7 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Telegraph (Kindle Edition)
Having received a new 6" Kindle for Christmas, I am currently trialling the Daily Telegraph subscription. The daily edition is excellent; it is delivered wirelessly to my Kindle at about 3 am(!), and now contains pictures and the Matt cartoon. It is easy to read and to navigate around, and has two major benefits when travelling: (a) it is small and (b) it is clean! Any errors in it are no worse than in Kindle versions of books - e.g. spaces before punctuation, question marks instead of symbols, etc. - and I am aware that this is a problem when a hard copy has been scanned for electronic use.

There is a serious issue with the weekend editions, though. They may appear in the contents list on the Kindle, but when I try to open them the Kindle crashes and I get a message to delete them from the Kindle and download them via USB, which is inconvenient - especially if I'm away. Moreover, having downloaded them, I can read some of the sections (although accessing them is very slow), but if I try to access the magazine or any sections that come after it in the contents list, the Kindle crashes. Last weekend my Kindle crashed 23 times before I gave up and deleted the papers. Today, I have had the same problem; I tried to access the main paper twice and my Kindle crashed twice, so I have already deleted it and will again be buying a hard copy. This is a major problem, and for this reason I am very unlikely to maintain my subscription beyond the trial period.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2012 4:13 PM GMT