Profile for C. Maddocks > Reviews

Little Robots
Little Robots
by Michael Brownlow

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves it, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Little Robots (Hardcover)
My son loves this book. He's a fan of the TV series that the book started. This book has quite a few robots which aren't in the TV series. He likes to make up little stories about things they would do!

InPixio Photo Clip Professional (PC)
InPixio Photo Clip Professional (PC)
Offered by Avanquest Software Publishing Ltd
Price: 71.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazed by the results, 13 May 2014
I bought this to help me create invitations for my son's birthday party. I cut out a few pictures of him from previous birthdays and placed them next to each other. It was really easy to use. On two of the pictures I was able to cut him out simply by using the brush. I just painted over the background and it removed him from grassy backgrounds. The third was bit more tricky as he was on a picnic rug so I had to do a bit of 'fixing' to the edges which took a bit longer but this was also simple.

The final result was great and I've been asked by quite a few people how I did it.

I had a play around for fun with our holiday pictures and the example pictures and it seems really easy to remove things from pictures. I'm planning on doing a calendar next year with my son in various exotic locations :-)

NINTENDO DS LITE MAINS POWER SUPPLY BATTERY CHARGER
NINTENDO DS LITE MAINS POWER SUPPLY BATTERY CHARGER
Offered by Jam shop
Price: 3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for me, 5 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've seen some negative reviews on here but I'm been using mine for a month or so and had no problems at all.

Kaiser Baas Smart Media Player
Kaiser Baas Smart Media Player
Price: 99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars For accessing your own media and downloading apps this wins hands down, 5 Dec 2013
I picked up one of these for our bedroom TV as an alternative to the Apple TV I already have downstairs. The first thing I liked was that I could plug my external hard drive straight into the media player and access all of my films, music and photos directly. Not like my Apple TV which needs to access my iTunes library on my PC, which is a pain as I need to leave the PC turned on.

The other highlight was that the media player has access to the Google Play store so I can access all of the apps there. I'm not limited like I am on the Apple TV. I've only had it a few weeks but I've regularly used it for iPlayer and Youtube. I don't have an android phone but it also sounds like you can mirror your handset to the media player so it plays on your TV which is pretty cool.

Overall I'm really really pleased with this. The android interface isn't as sexy as the Apple interface in my opinion but in terms of accessing content and apps this wins hands down.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Nintendo DS)
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by MyMemory
Price: 11.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Very addictive!, 13 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my son as he's really enjoyed both of the Cloudy films. He's had great fun playing this so far. He seems to really enjoy the frantic action of catching all of the food and seeing the new 'foodimals' which appear as you go along. I've also become strangely addicted to it myself, it definitely has that "I'll just do one more level" thing going on.

Sony PlayStation Vita Memory Card 32GB Model (PlayStation Vita)
Sony PlayStation Vita Memory Card 32GB Model (PlayStation Vita)
Offered by Westerlighter
Price: 61.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but essential if you have a Playstation Plus subscription, 4 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Pricey but essential if you have a Playstation Plus subscription. When you get 2-3 games every month you will soon fill this up!

Sony PlayStation Vita (Wi-Fi only)
Sony PlayStation Vita (Wi-Fi only)
Offered by Staraxe Ltd
Price: 165.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab this and a Playstation Plus subscription and you'll never need to buy another game!, 4 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this and a PlayStation Plus subscription and haven't touched by Xbox 36 since. It's a great console with a great selection of indie/causal games. Get a Playstation plus subscription and you'll get 2-3 game every month for it. You'll never need to buy a a game. If I have one complaint it's the battery life. But I guess that what happens when you use it!

Sony PlayStation Vita Starter Kit
Sony PlayStation Vita Starter Kit
Offered by EUROGAMES
Price: 22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the pouch and cloth, 4 Oct 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
A good set of products - worth it for the pouch and cloth just to protect your vita if you carry it around. I've not bothered with the leather case as it's a bit too bulky for my liking.

Kaiser Baas Wi-Fi Photo and Document Scanner
Kaiser Baas Wi-Fi Photo and Document Scanner
Price: 164.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy scans, 4 Oct 2013
I have one of these as I no longer have a desktop PC but wanted to be able to keep digital copies of some old newspaper articles and pictures I have. This was really easy to use with my iPad. I downloaded the app and just connected to the scanner like I would my wireless router. I could then scan my documents straight onto my iPad. Easy as that!

Six Feet Down Under Part 2
Six Feet Down Under Part 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better audio quality than Part 1, 21 Feb 2012
If you're like me you'll buy every Metallica CD put out. This is much better sounding than part 1 which were mainly audience bootleg recordings. These are all proper soundboard recordings from the LiveMetallica bootlegs.

Page: 1 | 2