Profile for merton7 > Reviews

Content by merton7

merton7

De'Longhi Nespresso Lattissima EN680.M Automatic Coffee Maker (Satin Chrome)
De'Longhi Nespresso Lattissima EN680.M Automatic Coffee Maker (Satin Chrome)

1.0 out of 5 stars European Plug!, 1 Sep 2010
I love Nespresso coffee and after many years with a Magimix decided to upgrade to this Latissima. It eventually arrived, I packed up my Magimix, and opened the new Latissima - however it does not come with an English 3 prong plug, but with a European two prong plug - it cannot be plugged in in the UK! I emailed Amazon, who firstly apologised for the mix up and offered me £5 towards buying an adaptor plug - having just spent nearly £300 on a coffee machine, I do not expect to have to buy an adaptor plug to use it! I emailed customer service again to say this was unacceptable - so they emailed to say they had credited my account with £5. Again I said this was unacceptable and I wanted the machine replaced with one with an English plug. They have now said that the product descriptor is incorrect, and by implication that it should say it has a European plug. I have been told they cannot replace my coffee machine as the machines would all appear to have European plugs! I now have to pay to send it back to Amazon (they will reimburse me postage at a later date) and once they have received the machine back will credit my account - takes about two weeks. I cannot believe that an English site, selling product in England can sell a product costing almost £300 and not be fit for purpose in the UK. Do not buy this product from Amazon if you want to be able to use it in the UK without having to buy an adaptor.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2012 10:44 PM BST