Profile for AshtrayBliss > Reviews

Content by AshtrayBliss

AshtrayBliss "Bliss" (Everywhere/Nowhere)

Halo of Blood
Halo of Blood

5.0 out of 5 stars The HateCrew Reborn after the Downfall of Precedent Record., 5 May 2014
This review is from: Halo of Blood (Audio CD)
I have always been a fan of this band, since I discovered them almost a decade ago. And I have been always eager to take in my hand their new records, put them at the max. volume on my cd player and enjoy the blast coming out of it.
But as of 2011 my expectations for the band's next records and steps, in terms of music, had diminished, since I had been overly disappointed by what they had released with "Relentless, Reckless Forever". An album which appears uninspired, dull, boring, showcasing the repetetion of riffs and melodies, and despite the many times I played it, it hadnt grown on me at all.
Hence, I was very skeptical about the outcome of ther very next record, Halo of Blood. I feared that their lack of new ideas and inspiration would still be perceived in the new album which would be just a "routine" duty to release it, just for the lads to keep their job and paying off the bills.
Yet, I was unexpectedly surprised by playing the record the first time, few days after it came out ! It surely sounds nothing like the earlier records, Something Wild or Hatebreeder, and yet, it's an amazingly fresh and powerful record, full of energy and catching riffs and melodies which not only will not annoy you but it will really captivate the listener.
There are several good songs in it, from the title track to the slowish ballad-like track of Dead Man's Hand on You, the usual Bodom-titled song and the cover track which they got used us to.
Overall is a worth-having record which will not delude the old fans and will surely appeal to the new ones that are not yet accustomed with the darkness (And randomness) of the Bodom world.
Horns Up. Yawwww.

Something Wild
Something Wild

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classis Masterpiece and a Must-Have., 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Something Wild (Audio CD)
Rewing or describing this album is useless. Just buy it and play it. Music speaks itself. This is by far the best record of the finnish.

Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Foundation 30ml - 52 - Vanilla
Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Foundation 30ml - 52 - Vanilla
Offered by Quins Cosmetics

4.0 out of 5 stars Good foundation. Great value for money., 16 Jan. 2013
I bought this liquid foundation because its one of the few both organic and reasonally priced products avaible. I only use organic/natural skincare but as far as makeup is concerned I mainly used mineral makeup so I wanted to try out something different and decided to give this a go.
So: The foundation n. 52 its good for me, suits my skin color pretty well (although I bought it along with shade n. 53 and sometimes I mix them). Has no particularly strong smell that puts you off, and can thus the smell didnt gave me big problems ( I lothe strong smelling in cosmetics).
As far as the coverage and lasting of the foundation is concerned, I would say that I'm not completely satisfied since I have suffered (and still do) from adult acne and my skin has many acne scars which were not perfectly covered by this foundation. It covers them fairly enough but they are still very visible, unless you use a mineral foundation rightafter, as setting powder, which I did. It lasts for a long time, as well.
Another thing I noticed is that this foundation works best alone, without any other cream or serum on the skin. If you do use cream and serums (as I do) you should wait for them to sink perfectly in the skin (about 15 min) before applying this otherwise it will cause you flakes.
A very positive note is that doesnt feel heavy on your skin and doesnt make it sticky. It obviously doesnt detoxify it but nontheless your skin can breathe.
So, all in all, I reccomend this foundation because its free of nasties and its certified organic, so wont harm your skin. Also, has a light smell and gives a good coverage. Skins without serious skin conditions such as mine, will absolutely be satisfied by the coverage! Also lasts for many hours on your skin without requiring to be re-applyed and also doesnt makes your skin feel or look dirty. Sinks in fast although it works better without using other skincare products before. Its a great value for money and I will absolutely rebuy it since other organic liquid foundations are way too pricey to afford.
So this Bio Detox its easily a 4/5 rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Majestic Album. A must-have., 14 July 2011
This review is from: Follow The Reaper (Audio CD)
Whether you like CoB or not, whether you're into melodic death metal or not, this album will absolutelty astound you. The best Children of Bodom album by far. The best melodies, riffs & solos you can ever find in the whole CoB career. I adore this album, each track of it, because its unique: every single song has a distinctive mark and so this album is never boring with repetitive sounds. Comple solos that rule this album from first to last song.
A must have for every metalhead.
CoB are always fantastic but with Follow The Reaper they reached perfection. This is nothing less than perfect.
And if you need a proof just listen to the solo of Kissing The Shadows or Taste Of My Scythe and make up your mind if these guys are awesome or not.
In my opinion this is one, if not the one,of the best melodic death metal albums of the decade.