Profile for CMS > Reviews

Project Ancient Egypt
Project Ancient Egypt
by Simon Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for KS2, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Project Ancient Egypt (Hardcover)
Just purchased this book for my year 4 History class. Its bright, colourful and with some great simple ideas for little projects which are easily adaptable for the classroom. Each page has a lift up flap with an interesting fact or fun thing to do. Well worth buying.

Mini Printing Press
Mini Printing Press

5.0 out of 5 stars Very excited!, 18 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Mini Printing Press (Toy)
I was very excited to receive this product having waited along time to find a suitable mini press which would not break my budget. This product fits the bill! It arrived very quickly and the online delivery tracker was perfectly to time. Fantastic product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2014 1:15 AM GMT

The Light Of The Oracle
The Light Of The Oracle
by Victoria Hanley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 18 Oct. 2013
The Seer and the Sword is one of my favourite Hanley books and I was very interested to read The Light of the Oracle. The book did not disappoint. Hanley combines great storytelling with an imaginative plot which I found hard to put down. I feel this book should be recommended to children over 13 years old as some parts could be a little unsettling to younger readers. I would view it as a separate story to both the Heelers Keep and the Seer and the Sword, however there are little links to both other novels.
Over all a good read, I would recommend to children and adults alike for escapism.

The Seer And The Sword
The Seer And The Sword
by Victoria Hanley

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Book, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Seer And The Sword (Paperback)
This is a book I have come back to time and time again.
I first read it when I was 12 and have re read it these past 13 years. Its the kind of story that stays with you, it has such a magic quality and is much more than a Children's book. I grew up on Tolkien, CS Lewis and the Arthurian Legends, this book for me, fitted in nicely to the very same themes; love, loss, betrayal and redemption. The characters are easy to follow but complex in their creation, the story has a lovely narrative which keeps you gripped but also allows you to easily dip in and out if the mood takes you. Literature wise The Seer and the Sword works well as a comparison to Tristan and Isolde, as well as the tales of Lancelot and Guinevere.
I would highly recommend this book, its been with me for 13 years and it shall continue to be one of my favourite reads.