Profile for David Broadhead > Reviews

Content by David Broadhead

David Broadhead (Reading, UK)

Omron MIT Elite Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron MIT Elite Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Omron Elite - should have a charger, 26 Aug. 2011
Needed this because GP advised I had HIGH blood pressure from a single BP reading and who subsequently gave me medication - which I then found to my surprise, had adverse effects.
I purchased this portable BP unit (Omron) to verify if his tests really were substantiated.

Not surprised to find that having tested BP now on a daily basis for 3 weeks - that my blood pressure is quite NORMAL.
Unit is quite robust and comes in a nice flexible carry-case. Had no problems in following instructions to start using it and was also convenient to use daily.

One downside to these portable units - and I guess this common to most of them - THAT they run off 4 small AAA batteries. That would not last very long with the mechanisms inside whirring away every time I tested my BP
I think it should have a charger included.

For that reason I value it as 6 out of 10 . . . . .Otherwise, I would have given it a 9.5 out of 10

Roberts RD21B(ECO4) Ecologic 4 DAB/FM RDS Digital Stereo Radio wth up to 150 Hours Battery Life - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best portable - ever!, 19 Feb. 2010
If you live in a good reception area for DAB - then this is the best portable radio I have ever had.
I have another Roberts (Kitchen radio) - that does not even come close to this one.

The audio quality is superb - even compared with a "mini" Hi-Fi system. The separate Treble and Bass controls suit me personally - as I like to turn UP the treble for speach (probably down to some slight hearing impairment). Has great bass that does not seem to make the whole radio vibrate.

Reception is very clear (I am in a good signal area) - I can get both DAB bands from London and from Hannington - so even in Berkshire I can listen to London's Jazz FM.

Battery life is real good - I am not sure of the 150 hours life, as I have recharged the 6 D size batteries in significantly less than that, although I will point out that I did so only to maintain the very high audio quality on Battery power. I could believe that 150 hours is achievable, but I never got there for the reasons stated. I noted some deterioration of audio quality after I had been using it on battery power for about 3 weeks. So I decided to recharge.
If the portability is going to be an important requirement, then I would definitely invest in rechargeable batteries - the cheaper NiMH at 2500 mAH are quite adequate.