Profile for Mary Griffin > Reviews

God Calling: A Devotional Diary
God Calling: A Devotional Diary
by Two Listeners

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daily Support, 19 Feb 2011
God Calling has been my daily companion for many years and I cannot recommend it enough - for those seeking meaning in their life and looking for answers to daily living. It has helped me to see the importance of 'giving' and 'giving away' ... the 'law of supply'; to know that there is a God-plan. All we have to do is open ourselves to God, to trust God, and to know that 'all is well'. It is helping me daily to thank God for everything (not easy to do when times are sad) and to know that God walks with us and carries us when we cannot go on.
This little book has given me answers when I needed them - I may have a worry, or a problem, and I open this little book at the date of that particular day, or maybe at random, and it is amazing how the reading will guide or direct me towards an answer.
The first year I was reading 'God Calling' I must admit that some readings didn't mean much to me and sometimes I didn't understand what was meant ... but, year on year, I get new meaning from the readings ... each year I get more and more. I will keep reading this little book as long as I can read.
Get this book, keep it by your bed, read it every day, it will make a big difference in your life.

A Journey into God
A Journey into God
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding your way to knowing and loving God who loves you unconditionally, 13 Dec 2009
This review is from: A Journey into God (Paperback)
Delia Smith's book is one of those books that I will keep for my life-time. It is a study in progress.
I have started this book several times but it is more of a study and meditation than a read. Each chapter is beautifully written and there is so much to consider and think about in each chapter that it can keep me going for an entire week or more.
It is possible that one could read this book through as you would any other book but I couldn't do it - I would have missed so much. The journey is a beautiful walk towards the God that loves us and wants us to know him/her. It is the journey of developing a relationship by spending time with God - as Delia says, prayer is something that God does and it is our response to that.
This book helped me to let go of all my incorrect views of God, to know that I am loved right now as I am. I especially love Delia's thoughts on 'God as Father, God as Mother, God as Friend, God as lover'. I am still reading/studying this book several years on.
I have learnied that making time for God/prayer each day reaps rewards in every aspect of our daily life. When I stray from this practice I eventually start to lose my way and I return to this book to help me get back to the one and only true journey that will satisfy us and bring us peace.
I am now starting to read/study this book again and this time, I may eventually get to the last page.

Baby Einstein - World Animals [DVD]
Baby Einstein - World Animals [DVD]
Dvd ~ Baby Einstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Einstein - the best for small children!, 13 Dec 2009
Our little grand-daughter, aged two, is a Baby Einstein expert and has many of the dvd's but her favourite by far is World Animals - it captures the imagination and is beautifully filmed. Each animal is introduced as cartoon, real life image, toy and music to enhance. She has five different Baby Einstein dvd's and will ask for each at different times but World Animals is the one we most watch.
I love this dvd - the images, the music, the funny side of it all. Animals sharing and caring, playing tricks on each other, being caring towards each other - super dvd as are all the Baby Einstein products.
I do not approve of tv for children but I make an absolute exception when it comes to Baby Einstein. The dvd's are interesting, educational, fun, and never upset or disturb the child. Highly recommended!!

Mystic Moods
Mystic Moods
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Relaxation, 15 Aug 2003
This review is from: Mystic Moods (Audio CD)
This album has to be the best I have ever heard. It is my escape from the world, my doorway to peace and serenity. It is suitable for anyone. Visitors have asked for the name and purchased it for themselves. I can recommend it to anyone who needs 'time out' or a 'quiet space'. I love it!