Profile for Mr. Robert A. Wall > Reviews

Mr. Robert A. Wall

Whitby Pocket Knife Stainless Twin Blades PK269
Whitby Pocket Knife Stainless Twin Blades PK269

1.0 out of 5 stars CRUDE FINISH, 13 Jun 2014
We purchased this knife because it is made in England. In future we will stick to better made Chinese knives such as Rough Rider. The finish on our knife is really crude, with little attention paid to detail.

Magical Mystery Tour (Box Set) [Blu-ray & DVD] [2012]
Magical Mystery Tour (Box Set) [Blu-ray & DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ The Beatles

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR DELUXE BOX SET (2012), 10 Oct 2012
As a serious Beatles collector for over twenty-five years, I've been waiting for a vinyl re-issue of the Magical Mystery Tour 7" vinyl EP set for a very long time. It is has finally been re-issued as part of this deluxe collector's box set. However, it has lost its wrap-around flaps where the disks were slid in from the top. The new EP re-issue has open ends where the disks are inserted from the sides (like a double lp). Having said that, everything in this set oozes quality. It really is a beautiful item... Well worth £29.99!! It is worth buying this boxed set just to get the EP set just like I did. The picture quality on the blu ray is stunning. The large book is also an amazing!! Magical Mystery Tour (Box Set) [Blu-ray & DVD] [2012]

Solo [1974-1983] The Virgin Years
Solo [1974-1983] The Virgin Years

5.0 out of 5 stars A PHENOMENAL BARGAIN!!, 18 April 2012
I first purchased these albums when I was at school in 1987 on mid-price (£3.49) vinyl LP's. I updated most of them all with compact discs in 1991 which were mastered in the 1980s. Ages was released in 1997 missing one track to squeeze the orginal double album onto a single CD. Solo 1974-1979 has never been released on CD.

So here we have a four CD set containing nearly all of Edgar's solo back-catalogue in one package. They have also been remastered. The bonus tracks alone (taken from the Solo 1974-1979 album) make this set worth buying. Even if you were lucky enough to get an original 'Epsilon in Malaysian Pale' CD during its limited 1980s release, the mastering on this new set is far superior. Ages is presented for the first time with all the tracks of the original double album.

My only niggle is the big mistake... the alternative version of 'Epsilon in Malaysian Pale' listed as a bonus track on the packaging is not actually on the CD. It seems that the tracks on Disc 2 have been messed up....

I don't know why these albums have taken so long to be released. You would of thought with the success of Tangerine Dream, Edgar's solo works would have been milked dry over the past twenty years or so.

Obviously, this CD set has been worth the wait. I can STRONGLY recommend this set to any fan of electronic/synth music. It's only £12.00!!

Cartridge Epson T061340, magenta
Cartridge Epson T061340, magenta
Offered by VIBRANT INKS LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars SAMSUNG SCX-4200 'TONER CHEAP AS CHIPS'!, 4 April 2012
For me this was a gamble that has really paid off. I wasn't prepared to buy a genuine Samsung toner at £69.99, as they are simply way out of my price range. I ordered this third-party toner without any high expectations. At £15.99 this toner cartridge was to cheap to be good..... After printing out at least twenty sheets I can now conclude that the results are amazing. We can't tell the difference between this one and the genuine Samsung one. Extremely good value for money!!

Tangerine Dream: Live at Coventry Cathedral: 1975 [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Tangerine Dream

4.0 out of 5 stars VIDEO HEAVEN, 2 Feb 2011
This video is the only video release with a lenghthy performance from Tangerine Dream's finest hour i.e. the early to mid 1970's. The concert features the legendary line up who were responsible for bringing us "Phaedra" and "Rubycon".

What a shame the video has not been released with its original soundtrack. I'd much rather listen to the actual concert performance than the "Ricochet" album!! When will publishers learn?

Otherwise, worth every penny just to see the band at their peak.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2012 1:09 PM GMT

The Virgin Years: 1974-1978
The Virgin Years: 1974-1978

5.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP AS CHIPS, 27 Jan 2011
This compilation is the first Virgin material I've ever seen with genuine bonus material. The 7" single edits are nice to own on cd, and so are the radio adverts.

This release offers outstanding value for money. I paid £10 each for these titles in 1995, and purchased this set just to hear the bonus tracks.

Now, why can't we have more of these releases? It's about time the virgin vaults were unlocked and the Tangerine Dream back catalogue given the same treatment other artists have enjoyed for years.

It would be nice to have this kind of release for the Virgin Edgar Froese back catalogue.