Profile for Alison > Reviews

Content by Alison

Alison

Collins Concise German-English Dictionary (Collins Concise German Dictionary 2) (German Edition)
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Jan 2013
This is absolutely brilliant and what a time-saver! Most of the time I can't be bothered to look up a word I don't understand unless it is absolutely crucial but this is so quick and easy. No more picking up a heavy dictionary and leaving through it until you finally find the word you are looking for, or having to read near a computer so you can check on-line.

It's true that it doesn't always work with every word but so far the results are good enough for me. The meaning just pops up and if you need to know more you can go through to the dictionary by pressing one button, get examples of usage and further variations and with one click you're back to your novel again. I don't think this is expensive at all. I've never used the English dictionary on my Kindle so it's no problem for me to have the German/English one as my default. If you don't know how to do this, just look at the Kindle help info on the website.

I'm now going to buy more German books on Kindle (cheaper than ordering German books from the UK) and feel sure my German will benefit.