Profile for Urban Monk > Reviews

Content by Urban Monk

Urban Monk "tacticalmonk"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2
Silentnight 3-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress - Double (135 x 190 cm)
Silentnight 3-Zone Memory Foam Rolled Mattress - Double (135 x 190 cm)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mattress, but keep in mind that this mattress ..., 30 Aug. 2014
Good mattress, but keep in mind that this mattress is quite a bit thinner than the usual spring mattress. It doesn't quite reach the depth of 18cm as advertised.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor manufactured product, 10 Aug. 2011
I have had this product for less than a month, and then handle fell off. Now it is completely un-usable.

I was initially quite happy with the product for it seemed to be sturdy, but looks like I spoke too soon. The handle fell off in less than a month, and I only used it twice a week. Very disappointed!!

I have contacted the seller, but not sure if I would get a replacement. And not sure whether the replacement would have the exact same default.

Will update when/if I get a response from the seller.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2013 2:09 PM BST

Think and Grow Rich: The Original Classic
Think and Grow Rich: The Original Classic
by Napoleon Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars The "BIBLE" of manifesting your desires., 17 Jun. 2009
Quite a surprise that there are no reviews on this book.

So many self-help gurus will relate to this book as their foundation for their thinking. A lot of gurus like Bob Proctor, Vic Johnson, John Assaraf, etc have added their flavour to this book and have released their own books, but you'll realise that this is a well put together foundation of all that is available today.

Obviously, from the title the book is geared towards manifesting wealth, but this book explains in detail how to manifest anything you desire in life from health to wealth or even to meeting the ideal partner. The principles are all the same.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic hoover, 8 Jun. 2009
So much power in a little device. This vacuum cleaner is more than ideal if you have a relatively small flat. The only downside I would point out is that it does heat up quite a bit when you use it, but not so hot that it's uncomfortable to use.

Great little product, and I would buy it again.

My-Link USB CRYSTAL 3 fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, notebook, Xbox, Etc.
My-Link USB CRYSTAL 3 fans Cooler Pad for Laptop, notebook, Xbox, Etc.
Offered by TechnoTec

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I expected., 8 Jun. 2009
Prior to buying this product, I read most of the reviews on this product, and overall it sounded great and I was expecting that my laptop that often has an issue of overheating and then shutting down abruptly would see an end to extreme temperatures. After all, one review stated that their laptop felt like it was freezing.

To start off with, this product that measures in length only 29cm is nowhere near large enough to cover the bottom of the 17" laptop, but large enough that you can balance the laptop on it with enough stability. I was expecting it to cover most of my laptop, but instead only covers 2/3rds.

Secondly, the build quality is poor, but providing you're careful with it and not move it around too much you should get the value of £13 out of it. I guess when a product is only £13 you can't expect too much in sense of build quality. Funnily enough I saw what looked like the exact same product on eBay for £3, but I will leave that down to personal choice.

Lastly, the effectiveness of the cooler was not as fantastic as I was lead to believe. Eventhough my laptop did cool down a bit, I was not convinced that it was the 3 fans that was creating the cooling effect, but rather that the laptop was sitting on the cooler itself semi-lifted on a platform that was creating the cooling effect. I say this, coz I tested it by leaving the cooler unplugged and compared to the performance when the cooler was switched on. Disappointingly very little difference.

In summary, I would say that the cooler is ok, but don't believe the hype that you read in the other reviews. In hot weather, the cooler does not make any difference to the temperature of your laptop.

I am not convinced of the durability of the product, for I have my laptop on at all times and whether the cooler will last the test of time is only too early to tell. I have only had it for a week, and so far nothing is broken yet, but whether it would last only time will tell.

Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000
Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse for laptops with in-built bluetooth capability, 20 Dec. 2007
This mouse is fantastic, and adequate size for people using a laptop. It is very easy to connect your mouse to your laptop providing that you haven't set your bluetooth security to maximum level.

What I noticed straight away was just how sensitive the mouse is in comparison to any optical mouse that I have used so far, and took a bit of getting used to. The only complaint that I have about this mouse is that the wheel to scroll up and down is a little stiff, but adequate enough.

Canon Ixus 500 Digital Camera [5.0MP , 3 x Optical]
Canon Ixus 500 Digital Camera [5.0MP , 3 x Optical]

5.0 out of 5 stars The best small digital camera of the year!!, 25 Feb. 2005
Search the web and find reviews for this product. You will be shocked just how many people out there are loving this product. Canon truly focuses on the beauty of photography not being distracted by other features makes its pictures simply hard to beat.
Another plus point is that it stores all its pictures on a Compact Flash device, which is one of the cheapest form of portable memory out there. What you will find with this product is that the more you use it, the more you get to love it. If you truly want a camera that takes beautiful pictures at great quality, then go for this. You won't find one better at this price!!

iSkin Mini - Blush
iSkin Mini - Blush

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product and it protects the screen!!, 25 Feb. 2005
Whenever you buy a new gadget, you want to be assured that it will last you as long as possible. When I bought a mini ipod, that was certainly the first thing I thought about.
The great thing with this product is that not only does it stop your expensive gadget from being protected, but it covers all the important aspects such as the screen!! Screen is so easy to scratch, and the fact that it is protected just make this case the best.
This cover provides no compromise, and it adds no extra bulk to the device.

Linksys USBBT100 Bluetooth USB Adapter
Linksys USBBT100 Bluetooth USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product and a Great Price!!!!, 25 Feb. 2005
The product is from Linksys, which is a division of Cisco, a brand you can trust! The main purpose for me was to have the ability to sync my Pocket PC with my computer wirelessly. I was just simply shocked how far I could reach with this product. The signal is strong and capable of being received on different floors of the building.
Great product and the reach I believe is well beyond a 100m.

The JDK 1.4 Tutorial
The JDK 1.4 Tutorial
by Jeffrey Travis

4.0 out of 5 stars Concise, and to the point., 20 Sept. 2002
This review is from: The JDK 1.4 Tutorial (Paperback)
Wondered what all the fuss of the new JDK 1.4 was all about? Well, this book is written for the likes of you. It has certainly helped me to get a quick grasp of the new features of JDK 1.4. The book is outlined with examples of how you could use these new concepts. As soon as I got this book, I straight away dived into using one of the features mentioned.
I think that all Java developers should read this book once at least. It may not have everything about the JDK 1.4, but it certainly gives you enough to start using the new features straight away.
Buy this book today, and start enjoying your passion in Java programming.

Page: 1 | 2