Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "bowerandy"

Lemix (BLE9) Travel Charger for Specific PANASONIC LUMIX DMC Models +UK/EU/USA & Car Adaptors
Offered by 4Value

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE with Panasonic DMC-GF3 battery, 4 Jun 2013
The description states that this charger is compatible with the DMC-GF3 battery. It is not, as the battery does not fit. Quite why one of the other reviews gave this 5 stars for a similar compatibility problem, just because the the seller replaced the unit, I don't know. Because this purchased was "Fulfilled by Amazon", I was unable to contact the seller, so have returned the item for refund. 1 star because this is just a waste of my time.

CableJive dockStubz Charge Converter and 30-pin Pass Through Adapter for iPhone, iPod, and iPad
Offered by Advanced MP3 Players

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT charge when connected via Camera Connection Kit, 10 Mar 2013
I bought this device in order to connect my iPad via the Camera Connection Kit to an external USB device (the Scarlett 18i2 audio interface) and to be able to charge it at the same time. The product description suggests that this will be possible without stating it directly and one review here on Amazon stated explicitly that this would work. My experience is that this DOES NOT WORK (it does not charge) and I have now found out that the manufacturers are aware of the issue:

[...]

So don't buy the dockStubz if you want to charge while connected to the CCK. My one star review is based on my disappointment of discovering this after purchase. For other uses the dockStubz may well be adequate.

Canon SELPHY CP810 Compact Photo Printer - White
Canon SELPHY CP810 Compact Photo Printer - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Great prints but you may want to consider the CP800 first, 25 Aug 2012
Received the printer within 18hrs of ordering thanks to Amazon's great logistics. Was disappointed to find that the CP810 cannot directly take a rechargeable battery like its predecessor the CP800. This means that if you want to use a battery you have to also purchase a hugely expensive adapter to plug the battery into. Not only does this make for more wires but the combination of battery and adapter will easily cost more than the CP810 itself. For this reason, I have returned the CP810 and bought the earlier model instead.

The prints from the CP800 (and hence I presume from the CP810, because it used the same engine) are fantastic - just like those one gets back from a lab. Time will tell whether the printer will suffer from cleaning/blockage issues like every other printer I've ever had.

Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless nLITE High Gain USB Adapter
Edimax EW-7711UAN Wireless nLITE High Gain USB Adapter
Offered by Nord PC GmbH & Co. KG

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than useless for Mac, 3 Mar 2011
I purchased this product for an iMac running Snow Leopard (10.6) given the fact that the product blurb suggest that it works with OSX 10.4 or later. I needed an external aerial because the Mac is in an area of poor reception.

However, the drivers on the CD and on the website are labelled OSX 10.5. I made the mistake of installing these drivers and the install hosed the Mac so that it wouldn't reboot and just got stuck at the Apple logo on restart. Eventually, I managed to Repair Disk Permissions by running Disk Utility from the startup disk. On reboot, the installed configuration utility did not run and the adapter couldn't been seen by the Network Control panel. All in all, for a Mac, this product is worse than useless and my life is hour shorter as a result.

Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Edition
Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally useless - Mouse pointer completely unusable, 19 Jan 2006
First off, the keyboard is infrared so requires line of sight; I don't know why but I expected it to be wireless -- I guess this is my fault for not doing research properly.
More importantly, however, the mouse pointer is totally unusable which means you will need a separate mouse and surface to use it on. For some unfathomable reason the manufacturers have chosen to require that the keyboard "joystick" be pressed down in order to move the pointer. The amount of pressure required is also quite large which means that it is virtually impossible to direct the pointer to any place you actually want it to go. For confirmation of this do a Google search on "microsoft media keyboard pointer unusable".
Of course, because I have opened the box and the item isn't strictly "faulty".