Profile for A. Mackie > Reviews

SLx 27820BMG 4-Way TV Signal Booster
Offered by NowView

1.0 out of 5 stars TV Signal REDUCER, 30 May 2014
What an awful product.

Being sold as a TV Signal Booster, which I thought great - just what I need. So decided to do some electrics and mount this neatly on the wall with a plug socket. Rewired around the house and attempted to boost the signal in 3 rooms.

BUT, on plugging this in it actually REDUCED my signal strength, from what was 95% to 70%.

A great product if you want to limit the amount of channels your children get, especially if you loathe the BBC channels.

On the plus side, its now hidden in a cupboard.

Wanted Chalkboard Voodoo with Chalk & Sponge
Wanted Chalkboard Voodoo with Chalk & Sponge
Offered by WOWOOO

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect..., 18 Jan 2011
I bought this as a present for my brothers wife and she loved it! The board is slightly bigger than I thought and the overall quality of the product is excellent. A good sturdy piece of chalk board complete with elastic holders for a sponge and chalk which are included in the kit. This now hangs in my nephews bedroom and has sweet little messages written for him regularly.

Mackie

Happy Pet Migrator Canada Goose Dog Toy Medium (8'')
Happy Pet Migrator Canada Goose Dog Toy Medium (8'')
Offered by WUNDAPETS

5.0 out of 5 stars Honk Honk..., 14 Jan 2011
I feel the need to write a review on this product because not only does my dog love it, so do I! The quality of the product is actually very good and the noise made is quite satisfying to hear. I wouldn't suggest buying this item for a large or powerful dog because my small long haired Alsation prefers to sit there and occasionally honk it rather than try and pull the eyes out and destroy the honk like my previous bruiser of a dog would do.

Decrescent Mains Home Charger for Apple iPod/iPhone - White
Decrescent Mains Home Charger for Apple iPod/iPhone - White
Offered by Decrescent

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but strange things may happen..., 17 Dec 2010
Firstly, the charger works and can fully charge my 16GB iPhone 3GS in a couple of hours. However, if I try to use the phone when it's plugged in it goes crazy! For example, I might click on a game I want to play only to find it opening my messages and deleting the first 3, or I might want to check my calender but instead call my boss. Basically, some sort of power surge makes it impossible to use the phone when it's charging but the alarm still works fine when it's plugged in so it's not really that much of a problem.

Proteam AC1053 - Lockable Green / Beige Garden Cushion / Storage Box
Proteam AC1053 - Lockable Green / Beige Garden Cushion / Storage Box
Offered by Garden Store Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad..., 17 July 2010
I purchased this product to use as a mobile tuck shop for a language school I run. The quality of the product isn't that great and it is definitely not the strongest, therefore making it quite expensive. It was very simple to put together and comes with instructions if you are having a little trouble. This is a huge box so if you were to fill it there is no physical way the wheels would work, and the way in which the handles are designed makes it impossible to pull anyway. When locked it is possible to bend either side of the lid upwards giving enough space for arms to reach inside. All in all, this box is great for storing a large amount of stuff that is not of great value and doesn't need to be moved around at all. I will be using it next year as well.

Mackie

TeckNet® M002 Nano Wireless Mouse,6 Buttons,18 Month Battery Life,2000 DPI 3 Adjustment Levels-Grey
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further..., 17 July 2010
This mouse is excellent! You really do not have to look any further for quality and price. It is small enough to carry about in your laptop bag or even your pocket and the USB connection piece can be left permanently in your laptop without fear of it snapping off. The mouse is solid, has smooth rubber where your fingers lie so clicking and general movement feels perfect and it also feels great in my larger than normal hands, which is quite a feat for nano mouse. I have bought a few other nano mice, all of which broke or didn't ever work so buy this one!

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2014 8:54 PM BST

Doorman Wireless Twin 35m Plug-In Chime Kit (WFPC875M)
Doorman Wireless Twin 35m Plug-In Chime Kit (WFPC875M)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ding dong..., 17 July 2010
If you don't mind having two plug sockets permanently occupied then this product does exactly what you want. Clear door bell sounds from a choice of three and very easy to attach to my wooden framed door. One thing I will say though is, a television remote may be interfere with this door bell, there have been a few times when I have gone to answer the door only to find no one is there. All in all, a great solid product that works well and for a very reasonable price.

Contour Design Ecouteurs Metal Blutooth pour iPhone/iPad/iPod
Contour Design Ecouteurs Metal Blutooth pour iPhone/iPad/iPod
Offered by Cases

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, sounds terrible..., 11 May 2010
Really nice little piece of kit to look at. It came with fairly brief instructions which makes it a little confusing to set up the bluetooth for an iphone 3GS. Great in car charger and the largest ear bud fits nicely in my ear. Absolutely no idea what the extra ear buds do (which are flat and have a weird extra hoop), as they fit so badly in my ear. The ear buds come off quite easily so I have already lost the best fitting one and now have to jam the device in my ear for it to fit at all. When it comes to sound quality this product really is not very good. Everyone I have spoken to whilst using this device thinks I am in a tunnel or a cave, however I can hear them clearly with no stereo or background noise in my car. The battery life for this product is poor, so I am for ever charging it in my car which is annoying as I have other products that need the car charger. The on/off button borders on the dangerous! You have to hold a tiny button down for about 8 seconds and look out for a minuscule red light to show before you know its off, and you want to turn it off all the time as the battery is so poor. You would really need to stop your car before attempting this. All in all, the product looks nice but is not actually very good for anyone that wants to make serious phone calls whilst on the move.

Mackie

USB Mini Optical Retractable Mouse 800dpi 3 Button Scroll Wired Mice - Ideal for PC or Laptop - Silver/Black
Offered by Direct eTail

2.0 out of 5 stars Great little mouse for a short period of time.., 2 Nov 2009
The product was delivered within 24 hours and using windows vista worked in about 20 seconds. The mouse handles great and you can adjust the track speed very easily. However, after about a month of daily use my computers at work and my laptop no longer recognise the mouse, rendering it useless. With the mouse being so cheap it will be too much hassle returning it, so my advice would be to spend slightly more money on a more reliable product with a longer life.

*update*
Having contacted the seller and explaining the problem, a new mouse arrived the next day free of charge. Hopefully this mouse wont break as quickly as it predecessor.

*update*
My new mouse still works absolutely fine but the retractable component doesn't catch the wire in order to stop it rolling back. This is quite annoying, but I have managed to pull the wire so that there is some length so I can use it again. Not ideal but the actual mouse still works perfectly.

*update* 17/03/2010
The mouse no longer works. I have given up on my fun little mouse and have just paid for a slightly more expensive and larger mouse which works perfectly.

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 4, 2009 1:57 PM GMT