Profile for Chris.h. > Reviews

Content by Chris.h.

Chris.h. "Chris.h." (Newcastle upon Tyne,England)

Strut
Strut

1.0 out of 5 stars No stars for the fact that they actually sent me a dvd of the film "The Spirit" which I have decided to keep at is it looks quit, 15 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Strut (Audio CD)
One star for delivering it to the correct address! No stars for the fact that they actually sent me a dvd of the film "The Spirit" which I have decided to keep at is it looks quite good. It has Scarlett Johansson in it and she is better looking that Lenny, so its a kind of win! :)

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits
Offered by DVD Overstocks

1.0 out of 5 stars I ordered Lenny Kravitz Greatest hits and received Offsprings greatest hits, 15 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I ordered Lenny Kravitz Greatest hits and received Offsprings greatest hits. 1 star for getting it to me quickly. At least the title was correct :)

Photography Q&A: Real Questions. Real Answers. (Voices That Matter)
Photography Q&A: Real Questions. Real Answers. (Voices That Matter)
by Zack Arias

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong, 10 Aug. 2013
Zack Arias, tells it like it is. He wont pussyfoot around. I have dreamed of being a full time pro photographer for a long time but I never get past being a hobbyist. This book helps tell me why, but also gives me important info on how to get a lot nearer. I particularly like the question regarding shooting bands and quarter,half, full day rates. Invaluable.

Southeastern
Southeastern

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius., 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Southeastern (Audio CD)
Discovering Jason when he joined my all time favourite band, Drive-by Truckers, I realised(like everyone else) the man was a genius songwriter. I was gutted when he left the Truckers, but the good news is he continues to produce amazing music album after album.

Holga 135BC Plastic 35mm Camera - "Black Corner" Version
Holga 135BC Plastic 35mm Camera - "Black Corner" Version
Offered by Gadget Career

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun., 10 Aug. 2013
Rather ashamed to say that I am brand new to film photography. I only started photography 7 years ago and so had never used a film camera before I bought the Holga. I now have two Holgas and a Canon AE-1 film camera.

Ramshackle
Ramshackle

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same., 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Ramshackle (MP3 Download)
As I said on my review of 'Pure', you know exactly what you are going to get with Dan Baird, (and Warner Hodges) and the two Bluefields albums, don't disappoint.

Pure
Pure

4.0 out of 5 stars As expected, but different., 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Pure (MP3 Download)
I have been a Dan Baird fan since the very first 6 track Georgia Satellites vinyl came out (a LONG time ago!)
You always know what you are going to get with Dan, and that's the case with this album too. Having said that, this is slightly different. It seems to have a real 'grungy' early 70's sound about it, but it still sounds great. Both this and 'Ramshackle' are growing on me more and more.

Beautiful Girls [DVD] [1996]
Beautiful Girls [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Matt Dillon
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A chick flick for guys!, 16 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Beautiful Girls [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
An amazing cast led by,Timothy Hutton,Matt Dillon,Uma Thurman,and Natalie Portman,plus many others.If its action and special effects you want,then forget it.This film is all dialogue led,but what dialogue.A brilliantly written and beautifully observed take on what women want and what guys are really like when we are together.Rosie O'donnells 'Playboy' rant is hilarious,as is the scene where the guys discuss the girls from school(waaaay to close to home!)There are also some fantastic one liners.
Any critisisms? Yes,I couldnt stand Neil Diamonds 'Sweet Caroline' before seeing this film and I hate it even more now! Finally....Uma Thurman is heartbrakingly beautiful in this film.If you want to relax and watch a film with great writing--I highly recommend this film. 5 stars.