Profile for Laurmac > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Secret: Irin Chronicles Book Three
The Secret: Irin Chronicles Book Three

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, 10 Jun. 2015
I love Elizabeth Hunter' s books. I always feel like I'm in safe hands with her. An enjoyable ending to the trilogy.

End of Days: Penryn and the End of Days Book Three
End of Days: Penryn and the End of Days Book Three

1.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 1 Jun. 2015
I am so shocked at how different this book is compared to the first two. I loved them, they were witty, edgy, exciting...this was none of those things. I couldn't bring myself to read parts of it I was so embarrassed by the standard of writing. I can't believe we waited that long for it and that's what we got. There are also a fair number of typos. I am a little worried about Susan Ee. Someone should check that she isn't tied up in her basement with a mad teenage fan writing under her name.

Captivated by You: A Crossfire Novel
Captivated by You: A Crossfire Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait?, 30 Nov. 2014
It was a long time coming and it's hard to understand why as it's not exactly a tome packed full of complicated plot twists. But I love reading about Gideon and Eva, I don't care if nothing much really happens. Having Gideon' s point of view is a welcome addition that I hope will continue in the next instalment along with some development and resolution of all the many different storylines that Day dances around in this one. And now I'll just need to resign myself to a long long wait!

Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned
Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned

4.0 out of 5 stars What you'd expect and a bit more, 8 Nov. 2014
If you have watched Lena Dunham' s series Girls the contents of this book will be familiar to you. Although I didn't find her stories particularly astonishing or unusual they are very real and her amusing and honest way of telling them made this worth the read. Her struggles with mental health are very familiar to me and it is always nice to know you are not alone feeling this way. I think it is sad that the press have picked out one or two small moments from this work and twisted it into something so dark and sinister when there is a much more positive message to be taken from it as a whole. I look forward to hearing Lena Dunham learns as a middle aged woman.

Collateral (Blood & Roses series Book 6)
Collateral (Blood & Roses series Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Obsessed, 22 Oct. 2014
I'm not proud of it but God I loved this series. Read the whole thing over 2 days. It's exciting, dark, sexy, dangerous, complete trash but in the best way. Can't wait for Rebel' s book and Michael's and Cade' s and anyone else the writer fancies writing about.

The Guestbook
The Guestbook

2.0 out of 5 stars arrghh!, 9 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Guestbook (Kindle Edition)
Why couldn't we just have a normal telling of Annie and Olly's story? I loved their characters but hated the guest book format. It really didn't work for me, couldn't care less about all the guests' mini stories, most of them were just daft. And I do not for one minute believe anyone would ever write in a guest book like that. It sometimes seemed like the characters were sat across a table from each other passing the book back and forth. Ludicrous. All the while all I wanted to know was what was happening with Annie? So frustrating. I wouldn't recommend it.

Baby Be Mine
Baby Be Mine

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but...., 30 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Baby Be Mine (Kindle Edition)
I knew I was going to struggle with this one. I obviously wanted Meg and Johnny to end up together but I hated what happened to Christian and I couldn't help but feel Meg was the real villain in the book. But I still devoured it over 2 evenings and immediately downloaded the next instalment . If you read and enjoyed Johnny be Good then of course you should keep reading.

Chasing Daisy
Chasing Daisy

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Chasing Daisy (Kindle Edition)
Don't read the Longest Holiday before reading this or you'll know what's coming and spend the first half of the book dreading it. Apart from that I really enjoyed it, funny, sad, romantic, ticked all the boxes.

The Beach Cafe
The Beach Cafe

2.0 out of 5 stars Sickly sweet, 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Beach Cafe (Kindle Edition)
I'm not averse to a happy ending but this one made me want to vomit a little. All terribly nicey nicey and no edge. Just a bit dull really.

Nine Uses For An Ex-Boyfriend
Nine Uses For An Ex-Boyfriend

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard work, 13 Sept. 2014
A long painful slog through the break up of a relationship. I love Sarra Manning' s writing style and have enjoyed all of her other books but this one just made me sad.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4