Profile for R. JONES > Reviews

Content by R. JONES

R. JONES "Ray Jones" (Rochdale, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Further Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Further Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars not just funny stories but interesting experiences, 17 Aug 2014
Avery enjoyable read, not just funny stories but interesting experiences decribed

30-Second Politics: The 50 most thought-provoking ideas in politics, each explained in half a minute

4.0 out of 5 stars A good review of political theories, 5 Mar 2014
Most informative and a good reference document. I would recommend it to the general reader who is interested in politics and philosophies.

Alan Turing: Unlocking the Enigma (Kindle Single)
Alan Turing: Unlocking the Enigma (Kindle Single)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 5 Mar 2014
I found this book informative and interesting. One of the few electronic books I have read from beginning to end.

Lancashire: Manchester and the South East (Pevsner Architectural Guides: Buildings of England)
by Clare Hartwell
Price: 30.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Architectural Guide, 25 Jan 2014
This is the best Architectural Guide to the Manchester and S.E. Lancashire area that I have seen. Well worth the cost.

The history of the Rochdale Pioneers, 1844-1892
The history of the Rochdale Pioneers, 1844-1892
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Essential history reading for Co-Op, 25 Jan 2014
I have rated it at 2 stars because of the many errors and omissions which, I think, are a result of digitising the book. (Or maybe the errors were there in the first place!!). It's certainly much cheaper than a hard back edition and is required reading for anyone studying the history of the Co-operative Movement.

COMBO PACK - Compatible T1806 Ink Cartridges for Epson XP-205, XP-305, XP-405 Printers - T1801-T1804 TWO SETS PLUS TWO T1801 BLACKS (NON OEM)
Offered by Prestige Cartridge
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible Ink Cartridges, 20 Nov 2013
I purchased a set of Compatible T1806 Ink Cartridges for my Epson XP- 205. I was surprised to find the best (cheapest) deal on Amazon and very pleased with the resulting prints from these cartridges.

Last Chorus: An Autobiographical Medley
Last Chorus: An Autobiographical Medley
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy reading, 17 Oct 2013
Great - very funny - I recommend it but can't think of 9 more words to print - three more required

4 Epson 18 XL Series Compatible Ink Cartridges. Full set of T1816, including 1x T1811 Black, 1x T1812 Cyan, 1x T1813 Magenta and 1x T1814 Yellow
Offered by PerfectPrint
Price: 5.29

3.0 out of 5 stars How do you connect by WiFi, 17 Oct 2013
This printer is OK - it prints and copies. I have tried on a number of occasions to connect it to my PC by WiFi - without success. The instructions and online manuals do not help unless maybe one has to learn to computerese.

Why Beer Matters (Kindle Single)
Why Beer Matters (Kindle Single)
Price: 1.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Czech Beer, 28 May 2013
Before anyone buys this they should know it is about Czech beer.
Wilsons, Boddington, Shepherd Neame, Farsons, Brains, Federation, John Smiths - none of these are mentioned. It seems to me not unreasonable that anyone seeing the title "Why Beer Matters" might think it would be about UK beers - If not entirely, then at least in part.

The Safe Man: A Ghost Story
The Safe Man: A Ghost Story
Price: 0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Short changed, 13 May 2013
I bought this as an Amazon UK daily offer. It was only 99pence but I feel cheated as the full book is not included on the Kindle version. The last page of the story given is stated to be 39% of the book. It then continues with 3 chapters of another book (one I have already read in print). When I contacted Amazon.co.uk about this I was told that this is how it is. In other words The Safe Man is not complete - how frustrating is that? The man from Amazon (Luigi)suggested I contact the author/publishers and he told me there would be an email address given at the end of the book. There is no email address, only a website address for Orion books with no facility for feedback on the site. Please, Amazon, tell us before we purchase if we are likely to get a complete book when we order.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 4:28 PM BST