Profile for Diane Shepherd > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
1962-1966 : The Red Album
1962-1966 : The Red Album
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent price and good to hear all the great songs ..., 6 Oct 2014
Excellent price and good to hear all the great songs again. We live in France and recently went to see a French tribute act. Their singing in English was excellent so did not deter from the enjoyment of the songs of one of the UK's greatest groups. This spurred me on to buy the album (I couldn't wait!). I bought the LP version MANY years ago but haven't (regretfully) played it for a LONG time. Much recommended. I can't compare this "red album" to the others ("blue" for example) as I have not heard them, so I stuck to the one I already knew and loved.

Tales from New York
Tales from New York
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great great great, 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Tales from New York (Audio CD)
Songs I don't know, songs I do
All add to my 5 Star review
Hope it doesn't sound like a boring quip,
But it took me on a nostalgia trip
All in all a really good buy
Charting the talents of two great guys.

The Ultimate Collection
The Ultimate Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Elaine Paige - The Ultimate Collection, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Ultimate Collection (Audio CD)
I chose 5 starts because the album is excellent Elaine Paige pleases once more with a winning combination of songs. I fully recommend its purchase to any Elaine Paige fan.

The Complete Collection
The Complete Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped for., 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Complete Collection (Audio CD)
I give this album a 5 star rating. Kathy Kirby does not disappoint and her voice is as beautiful as it always was. So sweet, yet so strong. The track "I belong" should have won the 1965 Eurovision Song Contest and I am not biased in this thought - the best voices singing the best songs should always be top. The album consists of an excellent variety of songs and her voice sells them.

Tribute To Abba, A - The Essential Collection
Tribute To Abba, A - The Essential Collection
Offered by Giant Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as "ABBA", 9 Feb 2014
I chose a generous 3 star rating because the singers do not imitate Abba well although they are good singers in their own right. The songs are pleasant. I chose the album because the albums by Abba themselves are very expensive. I would recommend the album to anyone who enjoys Abba music, but not if they only wish to listen to Abba singing the songs themselves.

Le Creuset French Baking
Le Creuset French Baking
by Sue Lawrence

4.0 out of 5 stars Near perfect condition., 27 Dec 2013
4 star rating as just a couple of small indentations on inner hard edges, but this is not detrimental.

Haven't actually tried the recipes yet but I know they will be yummy. I wanted this book because we live in France and I enjoy making and eating French food.

Top marks.

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
Offered by SourceMediaUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 1 Dec 2013
I chose this rating because some songs are on other CDs but generally the album is great to play throughout the festive season.

The Christmas Chillout Album
The Christmas Chillout Album
Offered by Giant Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening, 27 Nov 2013
Different interpretations on classic tunes which makes the album interesting. Very relaxing to listen to which is one of the reasons I enjoyed it.

Wonderful Christmas
Wonderful Christmas
Offered by Discs4all

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mixture, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wonderful Christmas (Audio CD)
Some all time favourites and a good variation of tunes. Good to sit and listen to or whilst doing jobs.

Christmas Wish
Christmas Wish

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty enjoyable, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Christmas Wish (Audio CD)
Olivia's voice is always delightful and the familiar songs are performed in a very relaxing way. However, some tracks in my mind are not fully conversant with Christmas.

Page: 1 | 2