Profile for SuperConsumer > Reviews

Content by SuperConsumer

SuperConsumer "Tony Sell" (Milton Keynes United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi (Previous Generation - 5th)

1.0 out of 5 stars The Pleasure Was So Short Lived, 12 Jun. 2013
Great, Wonderful, Amazing, etc. etc. the comments about the Kindle were all so good and my experience started the same but after only 6 months the problems with the screen locking have started as so widely reported. Yes Amazon have agreed to send a replacement but how long will this last?
My wife has had hers for 28 months but now hers has failed with the same problem so no replacement for her. This is not good enough Amazon, you have a defective product and need to sort it out and honour your commitments to your customers none of this rubbish about being out of warranty.

My advice is if you go for a Kindle be prepared that it may not last longer than a year and if it doesn't it's tough as far as kindle is concerned!

Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2014 6:18 PM BST

Blue Mini Clip MP3 Player Support 32GB Micro SD Card
Blue Mini Clip MP3 Player Support 32GB Micro SD Card

2.0 out of 5 stars No instructions Lets It Down, 7 Mar. 2013
Yes it's only cheap but that is no reason not to supply instructions the lack of which make it almost impossible to get the best from what appears to be a great little player. Even without instructions it was easy to download and playback music and the sound quality was really good, although I did use my own headphones. The other problem I found is it's far too easy to accidently change the settings while clipping the player onto my clothes.
So as I said it's only cheap and can do the job but is it cheerful, no not really the only thing stopping me giving it only 1* is the sound quality. If I were you I'd look at similar products that at least supply instructions and give it a try.

1 x Energizer 371-370 SR920SW SR920W 0% Mercury Silver Oxide Button Cell Watch Battery
Offered by Fast Batteries UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Does what you want but not for long - AVOID, 25 Feb. 2013
As you'd expect from Energizer a good quality product that does the job it's supposed to. Liked the product, Loved the price.

Since I wrote this revew in Feb 2013 with 5*s I have now changed my mind as by April 3rd my watch was playing up due to the battery so I have had to fit another one! I don't call 2 month's use satisfactory, I expected more like 2 Years from an Energiser silver oxide product. Perhaps it's not a genuine product? Either way I suggest DON'T GO NEAR THEM!!!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 10:03 AM GMT

2X NP-FV100 Battery for Sony Handycam HDR-XR100 DCR-HC9
2X NP-FV100 Battery for Sony Handycam HDR-XR100 DCR-HC9

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 25 Feb. 2013
I couldn't believe the price but thought I'd give it a go and am really happy I did. Charged with no problems, no heating up and my Handycam is happy too indicating the running time expected. Not had the chance to cycle it yet but can't see any reason why I should have any problems based on my initial experience.

Battery--World Replace SONY:NP-FV100,NP-FV30,NP-FV50,NP-FV70 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery for HDR-CX150E.HDR-CX170.HDR-CX370.HDR-CX370V.HDR-CX550.HDR-CX550V.HDR-XR150.HDR-XR350.HDR-XR550 Digital Camera[7.4V 1960mAh]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Alternative, 25 Feb. 2013
Couldn't see paying the Sony price for a spare battery and so far glad I didn't as this one appears to do the job just as well. Fits nicely and charged without trouble or heating up and my Sony Handycam is happy with it too. We'll see how it fairs with time but for now all looks great.

Kenwood Electric Carving Knife, White
Kenwood Electric Carving Knife, White
Offered by iShop Crystals

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Performer, 25 Feb. 2013
After my 30 year old Salton cable disintegrated I tried the Argos ones and they were rubish. Ordered this and it's great, easy to use and cuts swifly and cleanly. Only dissapointments areno facility for cord storage and the blade "cover" is just a naff plastic bag/sleeve otherwise it would be 5*

Ex-Pro Sony NP-FV50, NPFV50, NP-FV70, NPFV70, NP-FV100, NPFV100 Digital Camera Battery Travel Charger, UK, USA, Canada & Europe - 2 Hour Fast Charge
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Expectations, 25 Feb. 2013
Considering the price my expectations were pretty low but I thought I'd give it a go and it's great. Goes together easily, seems pretty robust and does the job. Even charging the 3000mAh batteries there was no heating up and the charge time was good.
I'd certainly recommend it.

iZKA® - 3 Pin USB 1A Charger UK Wall Plug for MP3 MP4 players, iPod, iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, Apple iPad, Tablet, Mobile Phones, PDAs, Kindle, TomTom, Navman, Garmin, Blackberry, Samsung, Sony, Nokia and digital cameras etc - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Reliable, 20 Feb. 2013
After reading some of the reviews for the cheaper versions we opted for this one and have been delighted with both it's sound construction and performance. We have charged all types of devices from our Kindles to our Wii handsets and balance board without a problem and no indication of the unit overheating.

Calypso Dry Oil Suntan Spray Spf15 (250ml)
Calypso Dry Oil Suntan Spray Spf15 (250ml)

5.0 out of 5 stars No Mess and a Great Tan, 30 May 2012
I have been using Calypso Dry Oil Spray for many years and find it great. In the past I used to burn quite a lot and after trying many different products always go for this now. It's that good!
It's very easy to apply and isn't at all messy or oily. The spray application means you don't waste any and get good coverage. It's a bit of a shock when applied to your back though as it feels very cold but a small price to pay for excellant protection and no burning.
Talking of price it's really competatively priced too and every bit as good as the more expensive brands I've tried.
I use the F15 for the first few days then change to the F10 which is just as good. Now instead of burning or avoiding the sun I'm getting a great tan and staying comfortable.

Thanks Calypso

CALYPSO ONCE A DAY SUN LOTION SPF 20 100ml
CALYPSO ONCE A DAY SUN LOTION SPF 20 100ml
Offered by Venture Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Does What it Says on the Bottle, 30 May 2012
I've been using Calypso products for years and have found their Dry Oil Spray is really good so was wary of changing to the Once a Day but it's Great. I tend to burn easily so want to be sure I'm properly protected all day and I was.
It goes on really easily and my skin didn't react and it was not oily so didn't affect my clothes.
I tended to put it on in the room so I could be sure of getting to all those bits at the edges which can get missed and then go down for breakfast which meant that by the time I was ready to go out in the sun the 45 minutes had passed and I was properly protected.
No problems, no worries and a good tan too!

Thanks Calypso.