Profile for Jackie > Reviews

Content by Jackie

Jackie "Jackie" (Somerset UK)

30 Rock - Season 1 - Complete [DVD]
30 Rock - Season 1 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tina Fey
Price: 9.92

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 Rock Season 1, 15 May 2014
DVD arrived the day after I ordered it, in good condition and has been great fun to watch with my 11 year old who loves all the whacky situations the characters get embroiled in. Very good value for money.

WOMENS LADIES CHUNKY STRAPPY GLADIATOR DOUBLE BUCKLE PLATFORM SANDALS SIZE 6 39
WOMENS LADIES CHUNKY STRAPPY GLADIATOR DOUBLE BUCKLE PLATFORM SANDALS SIZE 6 39
Offered by Ajvani Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Strappy Glads are a hit, 15 May 2014
Really lovely pair of sandals, they look great and are really comfortable and non slip. A total bargain! Arrived in a lovely box too.

Mean Girls 1 & 2 double pack [DVD]
Mean Girls 1 & 2 double pack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lindsay Lohan
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mean Girls 1 and 2, 15 May 2014
Good value, watched them with my 11 year old daughter, she liked Mean Girls 1 best, I preferred no. 2.

Regatta Kyoto Unisex Girls and Boys 3 in 1 Waterproof Jacket
Regatta Kyoto Unisex Girls and Boys 3 in 1 Waterproof Jacket

5.0 out of 5 stars Regatta Kyoto Unisex 3 in 1 waterproof jacket, 19 Jan 2013
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas and it is a great buy, keeping her very warm, dry and windproofed, it was a very good price too.

Carvela Women's Splice Black Ankle Boots 2249500209 6 UK
Carvela Women's Splice Black Ankle Boots 2249500209 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Carvela Black Splice boots, 6 May 2012
Bought these suede lace up ankle shoe boots on 4.4.12. They were an amazing bargain, on offer at half price (65 down from 130 with an additional on line Easter 25% off, plus I also had a 25 Amazon gift card so I bought them for 23.75!). They are incredibly good value and I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Upstairs Downstairs - The Complete Fourth Series [DVD]
Upstairs Downstairs - The Complete Fourth Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Angela Baddeley
Offered by speedpost
Price: 29.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Upstairs Downstairs, 21 Jun 2010
I am working my way through all 5 series with my 7 year old daughter who absolutely loves it. We have just tearfully finished seies 4 as the First World War draws to a close. I love the attention to detail, the courage and restraint of the characters, the fact that the style of acting is theatrical and studied in a way that most current day drama is not now, the actors speak clearly and with emphasis, which, if you have a love of the English language, you will appreciate. It's mesmerising and truly wonderful. When we finish series 5 which ends with the Wall Street Crash in 1929 I believe, we are going to watch Flambards, also set in England around the time of the First World War, which I used to enjoy watching with my parents when it first hit the screens in the late 1970's.

Tapioca for Tea: Memoirs of a Kentish Childhood
Tapioca for Tea: Memoirs of a Kentish Childhood
by Sarah Shears

5.0 out of 5 stars Tapioca For Tea, 21 Jun 2010
I read this memoir in the mid seventies when I was 9 years old and loved it, it's a simple tale of an ordinary young girl's childhood during the extraordinary times of the First World War. I have ordered it to read to my 7 year old daughter who I am sure will love it. Growing up with love, loss, 'bread and lard' for breakfast, nits and 'the swanky aunty'. Poignant and wonderful.

Arthur Of The Britons - Series 1-2 - Complete [DVD]
Arthur Of The Britons - Series 1-2 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Oliver Tobias
Price: 21.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Arthur of the Britons, 21 Jun 2010
Like alot of people my age I can remember rushing home from school aged around 6 to watch Arthur of the Britons- Oliver Tobias was my first big crush and I loved the excitement of the battle scenes and the underlying morality of each episode. The characters talk to each other not at each other, they use reason to justify their actions and they reflect on the consequenses of the decisions they have made.I am currently watching the series with my 7 year old daughter who also loves it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2010 8:09 PM GMT