Profile for Jacqueline > Reviews

The Basic Basics Jams, Preserves and Chutneys
by Marguerite Patten
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS BOOK, 10 Mar 2011
I only wished I had bought this book in the first place rather than even Pam Corbin's. Marguerite Patten is a 'STAR' everything is explained easily, everything can be followed easily, it is accurate and precise, and the recipes just make your mouth water reading them. I am waiting for my Rhubarb to fully mature in my garden to make some wonderful Rhubarb and ginger jam from this book and some Chutney as well. I have my own Farmers Market stall where I sell chutneys, but with this book it has given me some ideas for Jam, as it positively encourages you to experiment a little more and go that little bit further with your jam and chutney making - I certainly will be.

Anolon Advanced Stainless Steel Skimmer
Anolon Advanced Stainless Steel Skimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Anolon AdvancedStanless Steel Skimmer, 18 Jan 2011
I bought this skimmer as I am making my own jam and the recipe always calls for one to skim off the any scum from the jam making process. I find that I am now using this steel skimmer more and more, not only for my jam, but lifting out my poached eggs, vegetables that I have boiling in fact I hadn't realised the amount of uses I would find for it, definitely an excellent buy.

The Cranks Recipe Book
The Cranks Recipe Book
by David Canter

4.0 out of 5 stars Cranks' Recipe Book, 18 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Cranks Recipe Book (Paperback)
I had lost my original copy of this book and wanted to get a replacement, so got a 'good' second hand copy. Delivery was fast, and this book has even been signed by the author. This is simply a great book of vegetarian recipes and I didn't want to be without a copy.

Moosewood Cookbook Classics (Miniature Edition)
Moosewood Cookbook Classics (Miniature Edition)
by Mollie Katzen

2.0 out of 5 stars Moosewood Cookbook Classics, 18 Jan 2011
I love cookery books and was intrigued by the Moosewood Cookbook Classics. The recipes are okay but oh dear the size of the book is tiny, if the information about the size had been mentioned I don't think I would have bought this book at all, and the print small so I have glasses as well as my magnifying glass to read the recipes. I wish the publishers had done the book even in an A5 size rather than a little larger than a credit card!!

Jams & Chutneys: Preserving the harvest, over 150 recipes
Jams & Chutneys: Preserving the harvest, over 150 recipes
by Thane Prince
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book, 5 Aug 2010
I brought this book recenty have tried the Plum Jam and have started to try all the jams, since I am just a beginner in this field I have found the instructions easy to follow and don't itend to buy any jams or chuntneys from a shop any more! It would make a great gift. In fact every present this year will be made from this book.