Profile for Will and Grace > Reviews

Content by Will and Grace

Will and Grace "katandlingli" (London)

Geolino. Deutschland: Unser Land, unser Leben
Geolino. Deutschland: Unser Land, unser Leben

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought this would be a great book for children aged 6-8 and therefore suitable for ..., 15 Sept. 2015
I thought this would be a great book for children aged 6-8 and therefore suitable for an adult learning German but the text is really quite difficult. A child of that age would find it too difficult, I think. Personally, I also did not find it very engaging.

Cloud B Twilight Turtle
Cloud B Twilight Turtle
Offered by Product Empire LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars My sister said it was great that it did not make any sounds because they ..., 24 Aug. 2015
Bought it for my little nephew and his older sister (3 1/2 years old) was just as captivated by the lights as he was. My sister said it was great that it did not make any sounds because they might have kept the kids awake.

Man's Search For Meaning: The classic tribute to hope from the Holocaust
Man's Search For Meaning: The classic tribute to hope from the Holocaust
by Viktor E Frankl

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all-time favourite books, 10 April 2014
Having been given this book as a present, it sat on my book shelf for a long time without being touched. I expected it to be a very sad and disheartening read. Yet when I finally opened it, I found it full of strength and courage. I have given this book to friends and family and can warmly recommend it especially to anyone who feels without hope. While it has a Christian undertone, I feel that it can be read with or without this in mind.

Come, Tell Me How You Live: An Archaeological Memoir
Come, Tell Me How You Live: An Archaeological Memoir
by Agatha Christie Mallowan

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little gem, 10 April 2014
A wonderfully witty tale of Agatha Christie's adventures in Syria and Iraq. This book gives a great insight into the writer's character, it is rich in little anecdotes from her everyday life. A quiet book, one to read if you've ever wondered how she might have handled being woken up in the middle of the night by her husband who is eager to share some trivial news.

Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book
Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book
by Jennifer Katzinger

4.0 out of 5 stars New ideas for ingredients, 13 Jan. 2010
I am a big fan of discovering new ingredients and I like the fact that this book introduces a range of alternatives to the gf standard white rice flour/potato starch mixes. It suggest using less soya products and comes up with different substitutions. Unfortunately, some of the ingredients are the kind you need to order online from the other side of the planet or trail around your nearest city through all healthfood stores to find.
Lovely photographs are a real encouragement to try the recipes, though.

A Vegan Taste of India (Vegan Cookbooks)
A Vegan Taste of India (Vegan Cookbooks)
by Linda Majzlik

5.0 out of 5 stars A vegan indulgence, 4 May 2007
Normally, I am not a great fan of cooking books without pictures (must be to do with some strange inner desire to know what the heap of mush I produced was actually supposed to look like) but this book is an exception and has become a real favourite of mine. The recipes are not overly complicated and work even if you couldn't get hold of all ingredients. Depending on how much time and effort you wish to invest, you can find simple dishes or ideas for a big and varied Indian dinner.

Vegans and non-vegans should find this a real treat!