Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's
Profile for HUDSON ALEC MICHAEL > Reviews

Content by HUDSON ALEC MI...

HUDSON ALEC MICHAEL

Surviving The Evacuation Book 3: Family: & Zombies vs The Living Dead: Volume 3
Surviving The Evacuation Book 3: Family: & Zombies vs The Living Dead: Volume 3
by Frank Tayell

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased the series "Surviving the Evacuation" simply based on many of the good reviews about the books, 10 Dec. 2014
Not being a fan of "Zombie" movies, I purchased the series "Surviving the Evacuation" simply based on many of the good reviews about the books. For once the reviews were correct. I was so completely engrossed in the story that I was lost in the catastrophic world along with the "hero". I also recommend this series to any would be reader not necessarily keen on the gender.

The Alternative Comedy Experience [DVD]
The Alternative Comedy Experience [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stewart Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lucky Bag of weird and wonderful delights!, 18 Dec. 2013
Living out here in the far east (Japan) I do miss British comedy TV programmes. Thus "You Tube" has been a window into what is
going on in the comedy scene in Britain. And that's where I found all those illegally downloaded Stewart Lee videos! After seeing them I became a Stewart Lee disciple and immediately got all his available DVD releases. Yes, I'm supporting him by actually buying his craft!
Now then. "The Alternative Comedy Experience" was originally available to see as a podcast, but it didn't cover my part of the world where I live. So imagine my joy when it was officially released on DVD. I preordered it! How to review it? I'm not good at this kind of composition, but I'll try!
To me its contents remind me of when I was a little boy anticipating buying a "Lucky Bag" in those days when people bought things in those little corner shops. What was in the Lucky Bag was always unknown, but for me as a little boy, it was always so exciting! And that's what "The Alternative Comedy Experience" has brought to me. A couple of the comedians I did know, but most were unknown surprises. Funnily enough the majority of the comedians taking part are not one bit like Stewart Lee at all.
To pick out anyone of the comedians in particular would be difficult as the standard of comedy is so weird, wonderful, odd, simple
and mind boggling all at the same time!
Quite simply put, "Thanks Stewart Lee". His interviews with some of the comedians are of themselves warm conversations that I wish would go on much longer. They give an insight into their personalities and feelings about comedy. All in all an exceptional collection of comedy routines and interviews for anyone that dislikes the mainstream of tv personalities and shows!

Jam: The Complete Series [DVD]
Jam: The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars "Jam" DVD from a Japanese viewpoint, 22 Sept. 2011
As a long time resident in Japan, I've been out of touch with British comedy for years. Fortunately I've been able to hear about the alternative comedy scene via "You Tube" of all places.Illegal clips of many comedians and shows revealed to me that British comedy didn't die out after "Monty Python's Flying Circus" or "Fawlty Towers". My joy of discovering the alternative scene of comedians is beyond words. Thus, after checking out many of the comedians and shows on "You Tube", I gradually got down to a list of "must haves" to buy on DVD. I narrowed it down to Stewart Lee, "Ghost Train", "Look Around You" and to the Chris Morris productions "Brass Eye", etc. But for me the most challenging and "enjoyable" is the "Jam" DVD. This ambient dark comedy DVD is quite shocking at first view. Some of the themes are weird and off worldish. The camera work creates an eerie other worldly dimension that brings out even more the insane situations of the people featured in each skit. Repeated views will surely lure a viewer into this zany world and to want to watch it all the more. But beware, you'll need an open mind to get around the off kilter comedy. Stories about sex, murder, lizards, rapists, et cetera may not seem ideal comedy themes, but stick with it, and you'll be guaranteed a worthwhile purchase.

Into Eternity [DVD]
Into Eternity [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Madsen

5.0 out of 5 stars A Movie Everyone Should See!, 15 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Into Eternity [DVD] (DVD)
Despite my awareness of the problems and controversy concerning NUCLEAR energy from a young age, this movie almost ripped my eyes apart in how it revealed the almost comical and nonsensical nature of basing our societies on a dependence on such an illogical form of making that energy.(Does that make sense?) I saw the movie at a local Cinema Forum initially on a big screen which left me speechless......
This movie highlights just how we can't simply ignore the problem of nuclear waste simply because we may be anti-nuclear energy orientated. The movie is a challenge not only to society as a whole, but to each and everyone of us as individual people. Living in Japan as I do, the aftermath of the March 11th earthquake and its after effects, especially concerning the Fukushima nuclear reactor problems, certainly was more than just food for thought, it was an awakening into just how fragile life is, and how in most cases the root causes of many problems are found within the need to make profit by huge money-making businesses!
"Into Eternity" brought home a very somber message to us living now: just how can we make life for the future generations safe for them to live bountiful and expressive lives?
Yes,"Into Eternity" is a movie that,while informative and very interesting, also highlights our peril.
It makes we the viewers ask questions, "What we can do?", "Can we do anything?","Are there alternatives to Nuclear fuel?"and "Why don 't governments make more strides into alternative, natural and recyclable energy?"
All politicians of all colours should be made to see this movie!