Profile for Cathy > Reviews

Cathy (Devon, UK)

The Oxford Ramble
The Oxford Ramble

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this band, 11 Mar. 2008
This review is from: The Oxford Ramble (Audio CD)
I bought this on tape years ago after a memorable concert - the tape has long gone, but I'm still singing the songs. That's a pretty good tribute to any recording of folk music. The songs are presented in a very traditional/authentic style. There's a fair variety of mood & sound, with songs connected by links to the area round Oxford. Some people might find the fairly thick local accent a bit irritating - but I like it and think it is entirely appropriate to the material.

My Neighbour Totoro [DVD]
My Neighbour Totoro [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hayao Miyazaki
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars The best film I've found for small children, 18 Oct. 2007
This review is from: My Neighbour Totoro [DVD] (DVD)
You don't need another review to say what a wonderful film this is. I wanted to praise it for keeping my two year old son happy. We originally got it from the library - then he wanted it every week so it became the first film he actually owns. Several months later he still loves it (even in Japanese) and I'm still delighted to watch it with him - nothing scary, no nasty characters and plenty of roaring!

Kenwood JK770 Kettle White 3000W
Kenwood JK770 Kettle White 3000W

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, efficient kettle, 18 Oct. 2007
I'm very glad I chose this kettle - it's easy to see how much water is in it (good for solitary tea-drinkers), easy to fill & boils quickly. I worried about it being a slightly smaller capacity than my old Tefal Vitesse, but it hasn't been a problem at all. There is a slight problem with the shape of the spout as it dribbles when pouring out the last bit, but you just get used to pouring slowly. Considering the price and the neat appearance, I think that's not too much to ask.