Profile for HJG > Reviews

Content by HJG

HJG

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Offered by IvoryEgg Limited
Price: 53.26

5.0 out of 5 stars good sound quality, 12 Dec 2013
not as solid as the old 2GB Sansa clip, but still easy to use - but it's the sound quality you get from this little machine; it's very, very good! I have converted all my CD collection to FLAC files (much larger files than MP3 but far better sound quality) and with a 32 GB micro SD card inserted in the Sansa I now have my whole music collection on this unit.

Dare 2b Commuter/Satchel Commuter/School Satchel - Iron Grey, One Size
Dare 2b Commuter/Satchel Commuter/School Satchel - Iron Grey, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value satchel, 11 Sep 2013
This appeared to be a good buy via Amazon- I had seen the same product at over double the price in another store's 'sale'. Apart from being noisy to open and close becasue of the velcro'd top flap it is just what I wanted for commuting.

1 X 1L ROSATE 36 VERY STRONG PROFESSIONAL GLYPHOSATE WEEDKILLER
1 X 1L ROSATE 36 VERY STRONG PROFESSIONAL GLYPHOSATE WEEDKILLER
Offered by Gardener's Dream Ltd
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far it appears to do the job., 27 Jun 2013
I purcahsewd this to try as far cheaper than Roundup. It works well. Am trying to erradicate ground elder from an area and it appears to have knocked it down in two applications. We shall wait and see if it comes back!

Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt
Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt
Offered by BARGAINS-GALORE
Price: 13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the price., 21 April 2013
I decided to purchase this on the basis of the other reviews. Out of the box the unit was much better built than I was expecting. It is a weighty item with chunky fittings.
It works well. It heats up quickly. The water reservoir was large enough as you control the steam with a push button (unlike some other units I have seen where the steam just pours our continuously). Iused an extension lead most of the time as the lead is not that long.
I busied myself cleaning all sorts of items such as fridge, bathroom, tile floors etc. It did not work on the oven for me but my oven was pretty clean anyway as it is pyrololux clean and I was just trying to get the last really baked on black off from around the door seals.
The unit is brilliant for windows as well. Cleaned up the glass and PVC but of course you could not use these on wooden windows as the steam would damage the paint.
Overall for less than 15 this is a great buy and I would recommend.

Blackbox C20 Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black
Blackbox C20 Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Tried 2 pairs of these-neither pair worked!, 19 Mar 2013
I bought a pair of these at a high street retailer at 49-95 (reduced from 99-95). Tried them as a passenger in the car onthe way home, tried them at home to see if it would reduce background TV noise and overhead noise from passing aeroplanes. Thye did not work at all in attenuating the background noise. The unit increases the volume of the music being played and when the muscic volume is switched down you can hera a low hiss of white noise from the unit but the background noise in totally unaltered.
I took them back to the retailer and tried another pair in store (as there were good reviews on Amazon for the product). The second pair had the same problem. The salesman also tried them in store and confirmed that the headphones did not attenuate the background sounds.
I got a refund! Would not recommend these even at half price.

1.6 LITRE STAINLESS STEEL WHISTLING KETTLE CAMPING BLUE
1.6 LITRE STAINLESS STEEL WHISTLING KETTLE CAMPING BLUE

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little kettle, 20 Sep 2011
This 1.6litre kettle is the perfect size for our small 2 burner hob in our Adria campervan and it matches the decor! It's stainless steel as opposed to most small kettles which are alluminium. It has a pleasant whistle.
The only negative is the handle does not lock in the upright position and the tabs holding the kettle to the body look a bit weak so don't know how long it will last. Other than this it seems very well made.

C.k 5054 Legend Lawn Shears
C.k 5054 Legend Lawn Shears

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive shears are not up to the job, 3 Sep 2010
The quality of this product was very disappointing. The cutting blades were OK but handles were just bent tubes. They were not even bent evenly and I did wonder at first if they had been squashed in transit but no it looks like they are deliberately made this way. The shears are set at an awkward angle so I found holding and using them is awkward. I expected much better for the price. Item sent back.