Profile for Jamie Firth > Reviews

Content by Jamie Firth

Jamie Firth "Jamie" (UK)

Rougois Silver Case and Silver Movement Dual Time Zone with White Accents and Moonphase Display Black Leather Band

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs, 22 Jun 2012
I am a watch fanatic and saw this lovely looking watch on Amazon and just had to have it.
On arrival I was impressed with the packaging and the look of the watch, then I tried it on....

First problem, the strap came out of the bezel when I tried fastening the strap, on inspection the pin is too short and only just springs into the watch body so any light pressure will cause the pin to pop out.
I managed to spring the pin back in and tried again. I gently fastened the watch and this time the pin stayed in.
I decided I would live with this issue and just be extremely careful when putting on my wrist, big mistake, I should have realised the poor quality and sent back, anyway I didn'nt.
Over the next few weeks of wearing it popped out a couple of times but I just popped back in.

next problem, this is a manual hand wind watch and is very pretty as you can see through the glass back the winding mechanism, I tried winding today and the winding cog just spun around and did not engage with the winding spring, it just free wheeled, I have no idea what has happened but now I have a watch that is useless as I cannot wind up!!!

I contacted the marketplace seller who confirmed it had a 12 month warranty but I had to at my own expense send back to the United States
including a cheque for 20 dollars for them to post back. So through no fault of my own they are expecting me to spend around 35 in total for postage when this a faulty item. This watch is only 3 months old and is very poor quality, it looks the business but all that glitters is not gold.
I am currently in communications with Amazon regarding this but I would say this watch is sub standard and if I had know it was from the states I would have avoided.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2012 10:59 PM BST

Dark Sector (PS3)
Dark Sector (PS3)
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK
Price: 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Missed by a mile, 14 April 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dark Sector (PS3) (Video Game)
Sorry, I disagree with some of the reviews. I think this game is very shallow and quite dull. The graphics are okay but not fantastic like a PS3 deserves. Yes the first few levels are quite fun but I found myself getting quite bored as the levels are very samey and the combat is dull.
I am quite confident Res Evil 4 will kick this game into touch. I also found some of the levels too dark, even with brightness turned right up there are bits where you are in totall darkness apart form small shafts of light. Then you get attacked by several zombies who you cant see so you end up aimless slashing in the darkness.

I would save your money until Res Evil 4, I'm sure this will have so much more to offer. Right, I'm off to flog my copy of Dark Sector on Ebay..
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 22, 2008 3:32 PM BST

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
Offered by Gameseek
Price: 14.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Please read this!, 20 Dec 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Listen, I never usually leave reviews but I just had to this time.
I have had my PS3 for several months now and own around 7 games. I have never been blown away by any of the games and to be quite honest I am a little disappointed as i felt they are not a million miles away from the PS2 games.
I ordered this game after reading the reviews, but was'nt that excited.
As soon as you load Uncharted it ouses quality, the cinematic scenes are movie quality and very believable. Then you start playing the game...WOW!!!
The graphics are just out of this world, I played the game with my mouth open as I could not believe how good it is. The sound track just adds to the atmosphere and before you know it, you are fully submerged in the game.
The controls are very responsive and make the game a pleasure to play. I defy anybody not to like this game. This game is what the PS3 was designed for. All PS3 owners must own it. ENJOY!!!!

Guitar Hero 1 Bundle  (PS2)
Guitar Hero 1 Bundle (PS2)

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT NOW!, 9 Jun 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
What a game! as soon as you load up the game you realise it is quality! The graphics are clear and sharp and the sound is brilliant. After a quick tutorial you are ready to rock. I started by just playing the quick game in which you can pratice your guitar skills. Then I moved onto the career game which gets progressivley harder as you unlock new rock anthems.

My only tiny quiblle is there are a few obscure rock songs ..why o why could they not have got sweet child of mine on there?? nevermind, maybe next time. Please buy and enjoy

Jamie