Profile for Susie > Reviews

NOOK Simple Touch eBook Reader
Offered by Cheap Mobile Phone
Price: 39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nook simple touchtastic, 29 Jun 2013
I've got a kindle 3 keyboard and now the nook. In terms of ease of use - nook wins hands down:
I read a lot of reviews about the kindle and was concerned about how long it would last before breaking down. Tech reviews were good for the nook and to justify buying another e-reader, I thought the nook has to be so much better than the kindle - and it was...
Here are the benefits:

1. touch screen - refresh milisecs slower than kindle but not significantly to be an issue.
2. better font choice and more black than kindle.
3. shade of grey is paler - therefore better contrast.
4. It is lighter.
5. Better made device in terms of quality of the plastic, more robust and durable.
6. Only 29 pounds - a bargain!
7. Very easy to get books on epub

ALl in all - a bargain quality product that will last me for years!

Matthew Henry's Unabridged Commentary On The Whole Bible: Vol. I - VI
Matthew Henry's Unabridged Commentary On The Whole Bible: Vol. I - VI
Price: 1.96

5.0 out of 5 stars The best MH unabridged ebook on kindle so far, 7 Aug 2012
I've just trawled through several kindle versions of Matthew Henry's unabridged complete book and these are my findings compared to other versions:

1. I can navigate easily through each book and chapter vastly quicker without having to go through the whole of Genesis - each chapter at a time then the next book each chapter - very laborious , by which time you would give up!
2. It has the scripture first then MH expands on it - so you don't forget what the verse was about.
3. It is a reasonable price and far superior in use (speed to get to the scripture you want) compared to the more expensive version.

Wondered why it hasn't been reviewed before - a real hidden gem!

The Bait of Satan: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense
The Bait of Satan: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense
Price: 6.74

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want your life to improve - read this!, 28 Mar 2012
Another great book from John Bevere - very sound teaching and a real eye opener.
This book is for people who really want to get rid of their hang ups, jealousy, offence and become a balanced and baggage-free, on-fire for Christ Christian.

Each time I read one of his books, God uses it to explain the very event that occur and why people behave badly! I believe the Lord Jesus Christ uses this man and his ministry through his books to set Christians free to be able to live a life that is powerful, effective, with boldness and authority in Jesus' name.

We can have peace, sound mind, love, joy, patience, self-control and all the rest by understanding ourselves and others, choose to think, believe, and behave with godliness and obey the Holy Bible- John Bevere helps us to reach this goal.
So simple!

The Authority of the Believer
The Authority of the Believer
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars powerful book, 31 Dec 2011
I liked this book so much that I ended up checking out all the other books by this author

I bought 3 more to share with my Christian friends. One of them was our Pastor and she kept being prevented from reading this book-the enemy didn't want her to read it.
The reason is because it is a spiritually powerful little book that can set people free and open their eyes to the authority that they have as a Christian believer - all written in the Holy Bible

Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
by Todd Burpo
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener! Fantastic Book -couldn' put it down, 31 Dec 2011
I love the way it was narrated, simple, says it as it is without anything added. In particular how Colton, the little boy, summed up Christianity in one sentence - Jesus died so we can see God the Father. So true. There's no theology, no religious jargon, just pure and simple child-likeness, 'I say what I see and know.'

For those who believe in God, this book will encourage your faith and maybe even re-ignite the passion for Jesus that it did for me. A faith/belief in Jesus is not religious but pure, honest, simple, unadulterated truth and real just as Colton says about the descriptions in heaven.

Those who don't believe in a heaven and hell, Satan and Jesus Christ written in the Bible, I hope you will read this with an open mind and check out Akiane Kramarik - another little girl who had visions of heaven and recorded it through her paintings.

KJV Easy Navigate eBook
KJV Easy Navigate eBook
Price: 1.10

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to navigate, 2 Sep 2011
Totally agree - this is the easiest KJV bible to navigate plus the layout is clear for each verse.
Is searchable and I would highly recommend

Mighty Bright eFlex Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Silver)
Mighty Bright eFlex Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle (Silver)
Price: 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega bright light!, 20 Aug 2011
I have a mighty bright flex 2 light which I bought several years ago and I thought it was bright (has 2 LED lights) but this single LED light is superbright! I am so amazed. Quality is sturdy, a massive improvement in every way over the flex 2 - miniflex light is brighter plus it illuminates over a wider radius, the flex arm is firmer and doesn't flop like the old one. Very happy with purchase indeed! Much better than what I expected and that doesn't happen very often.

CNL HIGH GLOSS BLACK HYDRO GEL CASE WITH TIGERBOX SCREEN PROTECTOR FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 / SII i9100 MOBILE PHONE
Offered by Accessoryworld
Price: 3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove on Samsung Galaxy S2!, 24 July 2011
After reading the reviews on Amazon, I thought I'd give it a try. Cheap and cheerful - excellent fit and am very happy.

BECOMING A PRAYER WARRIOR: A Guide to Effective and Powerful Prayer
BECOMING A PRAYER WARRIOR: A Guide to Effective and Powerful Prayer
by ALVES ELIZABETH
Price: 9.92

5.0 out of 5 stars what you need to know in order to pray powerfully, 17 Aug 2010
This person has written a book based on real experiences taught by the Holy Spirit. This book is valuable for those who are born-again and want to go deeper in their relationship with Christ and who want to see God move with power through their prayers. For those who are mature Christians and active prayer warriors, it confirms what God is teaching us with a few more gems added.

The best book on prayer - clear, precis, easy to read and full of the truth.
Written by a Godly woman who knows the Holy Spirit intimately. Read it and see for yourself.

Never Give Up: Relentless Determination to Overcome Life's Challenges
Never Give Up: Relentless Determination to Overcome Life's Challenges
by Joyce Meyer
Price: 10.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book a MUST READ, 20 Dec 2009
It's not another self help book - it really does work - and I urge you to read and try it out yourself!

This is one of the best Joyce Meyers books I have read and one of the most inspiring of any author.
To have a little history of the amazing people who have never given up, despite failures, setbacks and even death of a loved one; who have overcome to transform people's lives - made inventions etc, really spurs me on.

Joyce explains the root causes of why we give up before we even try, and how failure can either cripple us or help us to keep improving - it's all in the way we look at situations. She gives us the key to overcome and to break free from the fear of failure, the negative attittudes, to be a person of influence and leave a legacy behind.

Page: 1 | 2