Profile for j.e. > Reviews

j.e.

Noah [DVD]
Noah [DVD]
Dvd ~ Russell Crowe

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly one of the worst films I have ever seen, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Noah [DVD] (DVD)
Possibly one of the worst films I have ever seen. I expected lots of action and great acting, sadly there was neither. They have obviously tried really hard, but none of the characters have any depth or charisma and all feel very distant so the whole thing turned out to be a bit of a drag. They've set out to make an epic film, but it's ended up as an epic fail.

Low Gi Cookbook: Over 70 Delicious Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Gain Health: Over 80 Delicious Recipes to Help You Lose Weight and Gain Health
by Louise Blair

2.0 out of 5 stars good food but book leaves much to be desired, 7 Jan. 2012
I would rate this 4* for recipes and 0* for look and quality.

I bought the previous paperback version a few years ago and really liked it, but unfortunately I lent the book away and never got it back. I wanted to buy the same book but the first edition was not available but this is the exact same book or so I was lead to believe. Yes the recipes are the same but the book isn't. The previous edition was twice as big and had good quality paper with lots of great pictures of the dishes like a good cookbook should have. This however looks like a cheap b&w pocket book reprint with no pictures whatsoever. Really disappointed, wish I had just gone to the amazon marketplace and bought the other now.

Exerbeat Gym Class Workout (Wii)
Exerbeat Gym Class Workout (Wii)
Offered by games.empire

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting fit at home and a step up from wii fit, 25 July 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
What I really like about this game is that it works for more than one person at once, unlike the wii fit game so you can exercise with family or friends. The routines available at the start are quite basic and short, I think this is good because it gave me a chance to practice and get a feel for the movements.

Once I had exercised for about 30mins to 1h the option to create my own program unlocked something which I always thought wii fit should have had. It means you can add all the different routines you want and it will play from start to finish with no breaks between them and you only get to the 'round the world trip' at the end which saves you a lot of time. You can also create and save many different programs so no need to create a new one every time unless you want to. Longer and more complex routines also gets unlocked quite quickly, I have only been exercising for about 2h in total on this game and I already have routine options that lasts up to 13-14mins each, and I do find when I use the 'create your own program' it works just like a gym class and I do sweat (quite a lot sometimes) and I burn about twice as much calories as I would using the wii fit game in the same amount of time.

There are only a few things that I would improve on, one is that the graph for calories burned etc doesn't display the actual number only a dot so you have to guess if you want to look back to a different day and I would have liked a weight tracker as well. Also the registering of the rythm points can be a bit hit and miss, but overall very pleased with the game and can't wait to exercise some more to get more options unlocked.