Profile for Nathan > Reviews

Content by Nathan

Nathan

Adjustable PADDED Half check Leather Dog Collar: fits up to 20"(50cm) width 1"
Adjustable PADDED Half check Leather Dog Collar: fits up to 20"(50cm) width 1"
Offered by Ace Dog Collars

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality collar, made to last., 26 Oct. 2015
Bought this for my German Shepherd, the stated sizing is accurate, which isn't always the case with these type of things.

It was clear from the moment I received this that it is a quality item, it's got a good weight to it and the new leather smell is persisting even after a couple of months of constant wear which is always a good sign for leather.

The outer leather is quite stiff (but still pliable) in a way that you know it's going to last for many years. The inner purple leather is soft and gives the collar a quite an distinguished understated style.

I don't think I'll be buying another collar in a hurry.

StickR TrackR - Bluetooth 4.0 Tracking Device - Retail Packaging
StickR TrackR - Bluetooth 4.0 Tracking Device - Retail Packaging

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Range, 5 Mar. 2015
This item does not work as advertised.

The range is same room only and even then no more than 10 metres (I checked at my office)

Even in the same room it can take a long time to register a tag it has lost.

Additionally the Crowd GPS function halved my battery life.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Toy, various uses, 13 Jan. 2015
I bought this for my German Shepherd, who is a powerful chewer (She goes through a deer antler in under a month)

From the moment I unpacked this she was delighted, we play tug of war with it, she chews it, we kick it around, and she catches it.

As an added bonus you can put food inside it (like a piece of bread) and it acts like a puzzle toy keeping her busy trying to get it out.

I've had this item a few months now and it shows little sign of wear so I am very impressed
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2016 12:01 PM BST

PetSafe Busy Buddy Waggle - Medium/Large
PetSafe Busy Buddy Waggle - Medium/Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and Enteraining, 25 Nov. 2014
I bought this for my German Shepherd who can normally chew her way through most toys in record time, and gets through nearly a full deer antler each month, but over a month of hard core chewing and this toy shows very little sign of wear.

I also fill it with small treats like Dog Chocs and this keeps her entertained, the treat release is stingy enough to make her work for the treat but generous enough to keep her interested, the balance is just right.

On balance I highly recommend this especially if you've got a "chewer"

Dinner for Dogs
Dinner for Dogs
by Henrietta Morrison

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and apparently tasty, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Dinner for Dogs (Hardcover)
I haven't made all of these recipes but I'm made enough to get a general feel for it.

The recipes are clear and easy to follow and while I dont particularly like the taste of the Tuna Balls, my German Shepherd absolutely loves them. The recipes also aren't particularly expensive and the treats which I use for training are much cheaper (and better) than store bought ones.

They are also a good activity to do with your dog, mine sits "patiently" while I cook ready to lick the bowl

I've given this 4 stars rather than 5 purely because some of the recipes call for ingredients that are not easily found in supermarkets. This isnt a great problem though as you can either ignore or substitute some of these and the book does give you a better idea about what to use when cooking for you dog

Outward Hound Kyjen 41004 Paw Hide Treat Toy Dog Toys Scent Puzzle Training Toy, Large, Blue
Offered by Pet Things

4.0 out of 5 stars My Shepherd likes it., 10 Jan. 2014
We used to play this game with old flower pots so I bought this for my German Shepherd and she immediately worked it out and has no trouble lifting the cups, it's big enough that if she gets impatient she cannot 'paw' the cups or toy over.

The only thing I would flag up is this toy is really an activity for you and your dog to do together, it isn't a puzzle toy that you can use to keep your dog entertained on it's own. The reason I say this is that the plastic while strong & sturdy enough for it's purpose will not last under any chewing so if your dog likes chewing then you really need to be on hand to collect the cups once your dog has pulled them out

Good Boy Wind Pipes
Good Boy Wind Pipes

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality and possibly a danger to your dog, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Good Boy Wind Pipes (Misc.)
I bought this after my Shepherd spent a weekend playing with a similar toy at a friends place

This is a cheap shoddy version of what is a good toy.

The windpipes are only present in two of the arms not all 4 like in other similar toys.

Also my dog destroyed the pipes in under an hour, I appreciate Shepherds have powerful jaws, but she played with the other one for a whole weekend with no signs of damage.

Additionally I have just noticed that one of the arms is about to come off and I can hear small parts rattling around inside so she can no longer have it for fear of choking hazards

I'd steer clear of this product

Aluma Wallet Credit Card Holder RFID Blocking - Black Color
Aluma Wallet Credit Card Holder RFID Blocking - Black Color
Offered by EU-China Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Brave Little Wallet, 2 Oct. 2013
Just ordered my second one of these.

I bought it because on a motorbike it can be a pain with normal wallets so I tended to keep cards just in the pocket where they wore out or broke.

The first fell out of a pocket I forgot to close at 60 MPH onto the road, understandably it smashed after the second or third bounce, but it protected my cards and impressively the plastic leaves that hold the cards did not rip and held the two halves of the wallet together

Tefal BR308845 Quick Cup Deluxe Stainless Steel
Tefal BR308845 Quick Cup Deluxe Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm impressed, 16 Aug. 2009
After reading the reviews about this product's predecessor I was a little worried, but some research uncovered that this delivered water at a higher temperature than the quick cup so I went ahead and bought it.

I drink coffee and my girlfriend drinks tea and this product delivers water hot enough to make both, in fact the coffee without milk is usually too hot to drink immediately.

I very good feature of this product is that you can program quite easily how much hot water it delivers allowing for one touch making of your morning drink. The only slight downside it that I have to get a new favourite mug, because if there is more than one of you in the house then you really need to all be drinking out of the same sized cups to get the full convenience out of this product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 30 Jan. 2008
A good little light to have next to the computer etc, I suffer from SAD quite badly and this lamp really helped. I would recommend this as a good entry level light box.

Also a note about the company's customer service.

The light was bought for me for christmas and the original light delivered with a crack in the casing. After contacting them they sent a courier to pick up the broken one and sent another out on the same day. They also double checked that the replacement was ok before sending it. So thumbs up to their customer service for putting things right.