Profile for Deborah Durbin > Reviews

Content by Deborah Durbin

Deborah Durbin "D Durbin" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Happy Ever Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP)
The Happy Ever Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every word..., 18 April 2015
Really enjoyed this book and loved Rosie as a character. She's someone you can relate to and empathise with. Enjoyed discovering who really killed her. Very good.

Pleasure and Pain
Pleasure and Pain

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Pleasure and Pain (Audio CD)
love the new album. It's very different to Tpau's previous music, but more varied and grown up. Love Nowhere and Demolition Man the best. My only negative is that Carol's Just Dream wasn't on there, which I love.

E-Squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality

5.0 out of 5 stars loved every but if it, 26 May 2014
I've read many 'self-help' books over the years in the course of my work and whilst I have read many that are helpful, this one makes more sense than any of the others. Possibly because the author explains how the process of energy works from a scientific point of view, which makes sense and there is none of that New Age weirdo talk that some books in this genre tend to rely on.
I tried many of the experiments and was blown away. The car one; I specified I wanted to see a red mini that day - I saw 23! Try it, it will open your eyes to the possibilities.

Mischief in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Book 2)
Mischief in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars As good, if not better, than book 1, 2 April 2014
Loved this book, which follows on from book one, but can be read in its own right. Although we see some of the characters from book one, this story is about Sabine, who is a lovely character. I love the fact that Helena Henry is in every book. She is a riot and the more I read about her, the more I love this character, even though she's supposed to be a pain in the butt. I've just downloaded book 3 and the Helena Diaries, which I am loving.

AlcoSense Elite Breathalyzer & alcohol tester - "What Car" Best Breathalyser under £100 - 0.80 LIMIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent idea, 27 Mar. 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for my 20 year old daughter. Not that she would ever drink and drive, more for the fact to check that she is safe to drive the following morning, which is something that a lot of people who have been out the night before tend to forget about.
Although it took a few attempts to work out how to initially use it, she uses it regularly now if she's been for a night out the night before and has to drive anywhere the following morning.
I would recommend it to everyone. A great idea.

Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Book 1)
Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law Mystery/Romance Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this book, 19 Jan. 2014
I really enjoyed the first in Jana DeLeon's Ghost-in-law books, so much so I've just downloaded the second in the series. The characters were all people you could connect with and care about, even Helena, the mother-in-law, who underneath her frosty exterior was really rather nice, I thought!

Natures Way DIM-Plus Diindolylmethane, Estrogen Metabolism Formula (120 Capsules)
Offered by AmericanVitaminSpot

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - and you lose weight!, 8 Dec. 2013
I was recommended this by a friend as a means for PMT symptoms. It works a treat; I no longer want to kill someone prior to my period and the added bonus is that you lose tummy weight. I spent a year working out at the gym and lost nothing. I've taken Dim-Plus for a few weeks now and have lost 7lbs and an inch around my waist. I don't know if other people have found they have lost weight using this supplement, but it's certainly worked for me. It's also great if, like me, you don't like green vegetables, because it gives you all the nutrients you would get from this type of food. I've recommend it to everyone I know.

Snowed Under: A Christmas Story
Snowed Under: A Christmas Story

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed this, 24 Sept. 2013
Really enjoyed this book,but I wish this had been longer! I liked Alistair and Jana and would have loved to see how they handled the festive season. Great characters, just wish it had been a longer book.

Krystal Bull Rain Dancer
Krystal Bull Rain Dancer
by Shirley Harber

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 21 July 2013
I bought this book for my ten-year-old daughter and we ended up taking it in turns to read it on our iPads because I heard her laughing and was curious! It's a lovely story about Krystal, a young girl with special powers. I won't spoil it for anyone, but the author has a brilliant way of story telling. She doesn't talk down to children and it touches on so many emotions that every young girl encounters. There is lots of adventure throughout and it's a real page turner. Well done Shirley for an excellent book, great plot and great characters.
*a word from my daughter, Holly...
I really loved this book and couldn't wait to get to the end of it to find out what happens to Krystal. I felt like Krystal had become a friend and would like to read more books about Krystal Bull:)

Maybe the Universe Just Isn't That Into You!: Spiritual Responsibility in a Fluffy Bunny World
by Colette Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Very true and very funny..., 10 July 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book and found myself nodding in agreement throughout.
Being a fellow author of mind, body and spirit titles and writing for a living for spiritual magazines I've come across many spiritually smug people who think that because they have 'the secret' or have read a handful of MBS books, they can walk around believing that the rest of us mortals should bestow thanks to them for being placed on earth. And if things don't go quite according to plan, they blame the universe, the wrong moon phase or the misaligned planets, instead of accepting personal responsibility. Colette tells it how it really is. Yes, you can lead a spiritual life, but that doesn't mean you can then sit back and your life will be sorted because you say a few words dreamt up by a Chinese monk every day. A must read for anyone who has a shelf full of self-help titles that haven't really worked.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5