Profile for Yorda Smile > Reviews

Content by Yorda Smile

Yorda Smile "Yorda Smile" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
MP Essentials Ultimate Safety Abroad Europe European Travel Essentials & Emergency Breakdown Kit - All Comes in a Black Car Boot Storage & Protection Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it very much, 12 July 2013
We like this kit very much,it is easier to buy combined everything needed for European driving together.It is compact and presentable.Purchased the pack in July 2013 with the items inside with expiration date (first aid kit,breathalyzer,etc.) valid until Jan 2015. For detailed review please see my pictures (under "customer images").

Sewing Machine Needle Schmetz Assorted 70-90 from Germany x10 needle packet
Sewing Machine Needle Schmetz Assorted 70-90 from Germany x10 needle packet
Offered by Barnyarns

2.0 out of 5 stars BE VERY CAREFUL, THERE IS NO 100/16 NEEDLES., 8 Jun 2013
Although the image shows one pack, what you get when you buy it from "The Ironing Press Company" is two packets with five needles in each. This is not exactly as the item is described: it clearly says "sewing machine needles from Schmetz Germany packet of 10 needles". Even if you somehow accept this, the problems is that you are meant to get two 70/10 needles, four 80/12 needles, three 90/14 needles and two 100/16 needles according to the picture. However, what you do get is two 70/10 needles, two 80/12 needles and one 90/14 needle in each pack, making a total of four 70/10 needles, four 80/12 needles and two 90/14 needles. I am not at all happy with this as it means I have no 100/16 needles. I specifically chose to buy this Schmetz Assorted 10 needle packet so that I will have the full assortment of machine needles.
When I contacted the seller they said it is not their fault, as someone else has uploaded the "incorrect image" and that I should have seen from the description that the advert shows a 10 pack of assorted needles listed as sizes 70 to 90. However, "The Ironing Press Company" admits that they do stock the 10 pack of assorted needles, but for them it is the same as receiving 2 packets of 5. It may be the same for them, it is not for me: when I order a packet of 10, I expect to receive a packet of 10. Despite this discrepancy (both in the image and the description) the "The Ironing Press Company" were only sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused me, but did not offer to send me a packet of 10 as a gesture of good will.
I give this product a two star rating, as oppose to a one star rating, because at least the 70 to 90 needles are fine, but really its disappointing that the packet is not what I thought it will be overall. So BE CAREFUL, BECAUSE IF YOU WANT A 100/16 NEEDLE YOU WONT GET ONE IF YOU PURCHASE THIS PACKET AND AVOID THE IRONING PRESS COMPANY AS THEY DO NOT SEND THE EXACT PRODUCT LISTED AND SHOWN.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 12:04 PM GMT

BodyMe 250g Organic Spanish Bee Pollen Granules
BodyMe 250g Organic Spanish Bee Pollen Granules
Offered by everyCasa Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, but expensive, 5 Jun 2013
My family and I are using lots of bee products, and pollen in particular. We have a huge base for comparison, and I can honestly say that this pollen is clearly good stuff. It is clean, multicolour, fresh and soft when in the mouth, and has great impact on the body overall. The only problem is the high price, but I suppose this is what you pay when you want something good. I will definitely buy again, if I can afford.

Traidcraft Wild Blossom Fairtrade Honey 340 g (Pack of 3)
Traidcraft Wild Blossom Fairtrade Honey 340 g (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 jars and counting, 8 May 2013
Real honey and it shows. I have had 12 jars of this honey (so far) and each and every one has been of a slightly different consistency, sweetness and colour. This proves that the honey inside is genuine, only slightly heated before being put in the jar and not from bees fed with sugar (as sadly some honeys are). It is not a runny honey, but it need not be eaten with a stainless steel spoon either. Its' consistency is such that makes it perfect for spreading on toast, pancakes, etc. and another plus is that it does not seem to change with the room temperature (having stored it in between 20 and 26 degrees celcius). The taste is not sickly sweet, yet very full of aroma and richness. Overall, I have no hesitation in recommending this honey to any honey lover; I will certainly be buying again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

WMA 12 PAIRS 100% COTTON WHITE MOISTURISING LINING GLOVE health music canvas work
Offered by Mad Choice--Ships from HK station

3.0 out of 5 stars too small, 20 April 2013
Just uploaded few pictures, they will tell you more than me here. Overall- too small, to shallow, but good cotton.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Crudigno Organic Hemp Seed Oil 250 ml (Pack of 3)
Crudigno Organic Hemp Seed Oil 250 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 20 April 2013
This oil is great, worth every penny, the taste ,the smell and the colour are exquisite. Obviousy it is produced with great care, thank you to the producers. I am already a fan.

Passport to Professional Numeracy
Passport to Professional Numeracy
by Heather Cooke

4.0 out of 5 stars Good at explaining the basics, but limited in range of areas of focus, 16 Mar 2013
I used this book to prepare for my QTS Numeracy Skills Test. This book was suggested by the Teaching Agency (i.e. the Department for Education), hence why I selected it. I passed the first time I took the test, so the suggestion must have been an appropriate one.

The pluses of the book are: the author writes in an easy to comprehend manner; the examples provided throughout the book are clear; there is an explanation as to how the answers were arrived at. The minuses are: the book is written on very white paper and the font is a very dark shade of black, so there is a major contrast to what is on the page, which can be very tiresome for the eyes; not all the information included in the book is relevant to the QTS Numeracy Skills Test, so one has to be very selective in what they read, so not to waste their time; the book tries to cover a lot of topics in very little space (its less than 120 pages real maths-related information from cover to cover) so it seems like the topics are half-examined, half left for another time.

Overall, I would say use this book to supplement your revision for the QTS Numeracy Skills Test, but it is no way sufficient enough to be the backbone of your study.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Passing the Numeracy Skills Test (Achieving QTS Series)
Passing the Numeracy Skills Test (Achieving QTS Series)
by Mark Patmore

3.0 out of 5 stars Attention to detail lacking, but otherwise OKish, 16 Mar 2013
This is an average book, not a good one. I used the fourth edition. I read it cover to cover and I did pass my exam first time, so that is all one can ask for really. However, I do feel it was particularly let down by the several mathematical errors I found. After all it is meant to teach us good mathematics practice, yet the authors/editors cant practise it themselves: fishy! So you dont think these are just words I will give you specific examples. To start of with my favourite on page 53, right at the top , question 27's answer is that (and I quote) "The fraction is 30/60 so as a percentage this is 33.3333%". REALLY!?! Because, as far as any logic dictates 30/60 is, however you look at it, 1/2 or 50%. Or, on page 52, question 24's answer gives "1/4" as the correct choice, when it should be "3/8". Or when on page 50, question 6's answer the third option is listed as "true", when it should be "false". There are a few others as well - if you are curious see pages 28, 44, 57 - but I think you get what I mean ;) Attention to correctness and detail, it's only right to say, is thus very much non-existent. So, all in all, use it when you are preparing for the exam - it is helpful, yes; but by no means should what is included there be taken as Mathematics' Gospel Truth.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 18, 2013 10:53 AM GMT

Fine Just the Way It Is: Wyoming Stories 3
Fine Just the Way It Is: Wyoming Stories 3
by Annie Proulx

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem, 7 Mar 2013
This audio book - Fine Just the Way It Is: Wyoming Stories 3 - was a discovery and a revelation. My family and I commute a lot and we formed the habit to listen to audio books the last several years. This particular book we took by chance, just to try some short stories instead of our usual novels. What a lucky strike.

The author, Annie Proulx, has a style of a telegraphic storyteller. It is like you are reading old local newspaper - who was born, who died. On the surface of it there are no strong feelings or flame emotions. But you are slowly sucked into this folklores universe of Wyoming and there is no escape. You start to Understand (the capital letter is no mistake) what life is like there. And under the calm surface there is a scary ocean of love, hurt and pain, so deep that its scares itself and tries to lay low. Around the middle of the audio book the listener starts to re-evaluate the situation of "Ah, very good that I took this audio book from the bookshelf, it's actually good" to "How on Earth did I miss this before?" The characters in all the stories are so different and yet so similar. They usually pull the shortest straw in life, but never complained about that. Many of them died, but without the usual unbearable emotions that other authors spill on the reader/listener. And yet, in the end of each story it is hard to swallow and you are wondering why you want to prevent yourself from crying, if there are no tears in the eyes...

The narrator, William Hope, is a well known actor, whom when we took the audio book we did not recognise on the cover. Maybe he purposefully uploaded there a picture that misleads. We were wondering how it is possible for the narrator not just to read, but to actually play all the different characters. Especially impressive is the interpretation of the Devil, who is coming into the book in two stories. William Hope actually interprets the Devil with a very profound sneaky sound, never heard so good Devil's interpretation before. Sharply different is indeed the PA of the Devil in the same stories, who has spoiled and bored personality, visible just through the words of the narrator. Truly remarkable. Several female characters are read/played by William Hope in different level of femininity. Several cowboys are represented differently as well, listening to the dialogue you completely forgetting that it is only one male narrator. I admit that although we knew William Hope as a very good actor, we very much underestimated him and in general he is not properly appreciated for his talent and abilities. I actually hope to see him soon in a leading role, and will find the other books that he read. I would like to underline here, that we are very much into audio books and we cannot be easily impressed at all.

All in all - listen to this book. Sometimes you stumble upon a gem in an unexpected place in life, where you did not look for it: "Fine Just the Way It Is: Wyoming Stories 3" written by Annie Proulx and narrated by William Hope - this was a gem.

Passing the Literacy Skills Test (Achieving QTS Series)
Passing the Literacy Skills Test (Achieving QTS Series)
by Jim Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars Attention to detail lacking, but otherwise OK, 7 Mar 2013
This is a good book, not an excellent one. I used the third edition. I did read it cover to cover and I did pass my exam first time, so that is all one can ask for really. However, I do feel it was a bit unsatisfactory in that the examples it provided were often confusing. The explanations of the rules were good though. The mock tests, especially the ones for Punctuation, were not at all consistent with a fair amount of discrepancy between the task given and the answers given (e.g. commas that appeared in the task text then did not appear in the answer text, although for the Punctuation section one is only meant to add, not delete, anything; page 83 is a good example of this problem). There are also printing mistakes, such as on page 72 the words "for use for use at either..." appearing: clearly only one "for use" is required. Attention to detail, it is only right to say, is thus lacking. So, all in all, use it when you are preparing for the exam - it is helpful, yes; but by no means should what is included there be taken as the Gospel Truth.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16