Profile for Mr. R. M. Davis > Reviews

Timeline
by Michael Crichton
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a brilliant page turner!, 6 Jun 2007
This review is from: Timeline (Mass Market Paperback)
Jamthesun writes a very good review, and I understand the points made, but for me this was a brilliant page turner, a la Harlen Coben, but with science bits. What I like about Crichton is the way he promps me into investigating some of his theories myself. Imagine me looking up quantum theory!!

This was the best book I have read in a long time, and to think I picked it up on a whim because I enjoyed State of Fear. If you like a runting good adventure (albeit a tad pulp at times) you will enjoy this. Just make sure you avoid the film....

Rob

Timeline [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Timeline [DVD] [2003] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Paul Walker

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear...., 6 Jun 2007
I read the book and was totally blown away by the way Crichton sells you the impossible! I ordered the film having read the reviews, but 'made for telly' is definately the vibe here, and it aint even great telly! Having said that it is an enjoyable sort of romp all the same. One thing though is that Thewlis (a very fine actor) is dreadfully miscast, as are some of the others, and I found it hard get past the 'Allo Allo accents of the French played by english or american actors.

Hopefully one day this will be made into a much better film or perhaps a big budget mini series.

It was fun to see Gerry Butler in a film after the terrific 300.

Rob

Need For Speed Underground 2 (PC CD)
Need For Speed Underground 2 (PC CD)
Offered by filmrollen

5.0 out of 5 stars Need For Fun - Need For Speed Under Ground 2, 7 April 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Woo what a ride! For me it is by far the best car game in the world! You can customize your ride to the extreme! Get sponsers, win races and see your self on the front of a magizen or DVD, its great. You even get to do the picture. It is AMAZINGLY FUN. I left my computer breath taken just as if I'd done the racing for real. It got me thinking about it 24-7! Its very addictive.

NEED FOR FUN - NEED FOR SPEED 2

MUST BUY - IT ROCKS!! LIKE NO OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rome: The Complete HBO Season 1 (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2006]
Rome: The Complete HBO Season 1 (6 Disc Box Set) [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Kevin McKidd

5.0 out of 5 stars Rome: Total TV, 12 Mar 2006
Hi
Forget about GeneraSubutai - he's Hyrkanian not from Outer Mongloia for starters!! And Rome? Well, at first I was not convinced, but the series really , really grows on you. And McKidd is inspired casting. He really makes that role of Varenus his own in a very understated way.
This is a great series and is quite a good introduction to a very fascinating period of Roman history. It sent me to my history books, and all I can say is they have plenty more excellent material to come - this was just an apertizer!