Profile for David Why > Reviews

The Poe Shadow
by Matthew Pearl
Price: 8.72

3.0 out of 5 stars A Hard Read, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Poe Shadow (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Poe and the synopsis of this book promised a lot. I really did like the book too but getting towards the end it becomes a bit tedious. I have around 70 pages left and I am struggling to get through them. It started well and had an exciting plot but now it is tapering off and becoming boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 16 Jan 2013
Very good quality and effective. Highly recommended. I will use these again. Very pleased with the results, as was the wife

Quiet Life Tablets 100
Quiet Life Tablets 100
Offered by Greens Pharmacy
Price: 3.90

1.0 out of 5 stars Can anyone say: PLACEBO, 6 Jan 2013
I can only assume that the good reviews are a result of the placebo effect. These pills are entirely useless. You can literally take the recommended dose, or twice that amount, or even thrice that and feel no calming effects at all. They are a waste of money
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2013 6:05 PM BST

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Ineffective, 6 Jan 2013

The Nightshade - Luxury Sleeping Mask
The Nightshade - Luxury Sleeping Mask
Offered by T2 Enterprises Ltd
Price: 4.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Works a Dream, 29 Dec 2012
Just what I needed. It's light and comfortable with a nice broad strap. It is just what I wanted. Not as robust looking as it looks on the picture but providing it doesn't fall apart within the 12 months I will have had my money's worth. Decent little mask.

Mens High Quality Adults Grey Linen Gatsby Golf Flat Peak Cap
Mens High Quality Adults Grey Linen Gatsby Golf Flat Peak Cap

4.0 out of 5 stars Lucky I have a small head!, 28 Dec 2012
I am quite happy with this purchase. It's a decent hat and fits me perfect, but I have a small head. If you haven't, don't buy it. Or at least buy the biggest size if there is an option (I can't remember if there is or not).

Deathly Contagious (The Contagium Series Book 2)
Deathly Contagious (The Contagium Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars 50% Read 50% As Good As The First Book, 8 Dec 2012
Maybe I shouldn't write my review before I finish but I feel I need to get stuff off my chest. I am 50% the way through and it is REALLY starting to drag out. It is just samey. Same as the last book, even using the EXACT same tricks to create a diversion so people can escape. Then back in the compound it is just like the author wrote it in short bursts and is just 1. Go on Mission 2. Get in Sticky Situation 3. Just Manage to get back Alive. 1. Go on Mission 2. Get in Sticky Situation 3. Just Manage to get back Alive. 1. Go on Mission 2. Get in Sticky Situation 3. Just Manage to get back Alive. 1. Go on Mission 2. Get in Sticky Situation 3. Just Manage to get back Alive. Repeat ad infinitum. It's really starting to wear me down so I hope it picks up soon. I loved the first book but I didn't buy the second so I could read the first one over again. I want a new adventure. Not page after page of the same thing. I am going to stick it out as long as I can, and if it picks up and deserves a better rank I will either edit this or use my brother's account to review it and give a higher score.

So far at the half way mark I am not excited with it. 1 Thumb down, 1 thumb wavering horizontally.

Letting Go...Almost
Letting Go...Almost
Price: 4.48

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't want to Let Go of this book, 8 Dec 2012
Excellent read. One of the sexiest, grittiest books I have read in a long time. If you have time to read a book this week, make it this one!

IT'S MY LIFE AND MY WORLD (THEY CALL ME TEXAS TICK! STORY OF A HUSTLER Book 3)
IT'S MY LIFE AND MY WORLD (THEY CALL ME TEXAS TICK! STORY OF A HUSTLER Book 3)
Price: 6.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but needs a TICKing off for the spelling, 8 Dec 2012
It's quite a decent book to be fair. The spelling is absolutely out of this world but I am sure the guy didn't have school as a top priority when he was young. I just got it on a which cause it was either free or 0.77p (I forget which) and it was surprisingly entertaining. He doesn't try to paint himself a victim of anything who was forced into crime. He just tells his story. Not bad at all and worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocket Fuel, 7 Dec 2012
These 4 pills are a magic!!! I have used these a number of times and they do the trick like you wouldn't believe. Without being crude let me just say you can have fun for upwards of 3 or 4 hours. Quite the Xmas present the significant other!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4