Profile for Mrs. P. J. Dickinson > Reviews

Content by Mrs. P. J. Dic...

Mrs. P. J. Dickinson "pjd60" (Scotland)

Alan Silverwood Brownie Pan with slide-out base 10"x 8"/25cm x 20cm 2" deep
Alan Silverwood Brownie Pan with slide-out base 10"x 8"/25cm x 20cm 2" deep
Offered by Colanders FBA
Price: 16.37

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 17 Nov 2011
Bought two of these tins (different sizes) at the same time, and there is no doubt that the quality is top-notch. My niggle is that there are tiny gaps in the four corners and runny mixture can leak a little through them. Also have to be careful lifting the tins out of the oven as the slide out end will just lift straight up and wreck the cake. Have got used to this now but would probably go for loose bottom tins next time rather than slide out. Excellent prduct though, no regrets about buying it.

Alan Silverwood Brownie Pan with slide-out base 12" x 8" x 2" / 30.5cm x 20cm x 5cm
Offered by The Kitchen Cabinet
Price: 21.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 17 Nov 2011
Have had this item for some time now and overall am very happy with it. It is easy to use - although I must say I line it before use. Washes well and cooks well. Only reason for four stars instead of five is that there can be a problem if mixture is too runny prior to cooking. There are tiny gaps in the four corners and I have had some leakage through them. However it is not a major issue. In future I would probably go for the tins with removable bases rather than slide out. But overall an excllent tin.

MICRO-FIBRE -  BLACK - BE STILL AND
MICRO-FIBRE - BLACK - BE STILL AND
by Christian Art
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: 11.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 17 Nov 2011
Product is exactly as it says in the description. My daughter has been using this for several months now and it is still in excellent condition.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 11:36 AM GMT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, 17 Nov 2011
I am not too sure what to make of this trimmer. It's a tale of two halves really! The guillotine side is excellent as is the marked grid. The fact that it can be divided into two to take up less space is also good. But the trimmer side of this is so disappointing. It is not accurate enough for my requirements. I wanted to be able to line up and see exactly where the cut would be. If I was using the grid for sizing it would be fine, but I need to be able to do it by eye. My Fiscars mini does this brilliantly but the blades hardly last any length of time, hence I was looking for a replacement. I have now discarded the trimmer side and just use the guillotine for cutting card down from A4 to A5.

George Foreman 12205 Entertaining Removable Plates Grill - Silver, 6 Portion
George Foreman 12205 Entertaining Removable Plates Grill - Silver, 6 Portion
Price: 69.45

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have listened., 17 Nov 2011
I have had a small George Foreman grill for many years which did not have removable plates and which eventually lost it's non-stick properties. It was a good machine. I confess to having ordered this machine with mixed feelings,(having read the reviews) but having faith in George Foreman products went ahead.
On a positive note, the removable plates were fantastic. I did not put them in the dishwasher as running them under a hot tap briefly was all that was necessary. The working area of the machine was good, perhaps a little tight for 6 people but just okay for the five of us. It is for these positive aspects that I have given 2 stars.
On the negative side of things, yes all the negative comments I had read were correct!! The heating up time was excessive and at times I gave up and used traditional methods. If I had not read any reviews, I would have assumed I had a faulty machine. Chicken breasts took forever to cook, and although they did eventually cook through, they never browned off and I had to do this in a frying pan. Sausages did cook eventually and did crisp up, but traditional cooking methods would have taken less time. This machine did not live up to it's claims. I feel very disappointed because I really wanted this machine to be usable. I guess the heating element just wasn't powerful enough to heat the size of plate and maintain it.
My husband had looked at buying this machine for me some months ago,(having bought me my original machine)but wisely took notice of the reviews.
I have returned this machine to Amazon who have been brilliant in their handling of this issue. I have received a full refund. Trouble is - what next? I really want those removable plates. :(