Profile for Mr. R. Orourke > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Orourke

Mr. R. Orourke (Glasgow Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nunchuck and Remote Controller with Motion Plus for Nintendo Wii With Retail Package (remote controller pink)
Offered by enshengmaoyi

5.0 out of 5 stars This however as well as being cheap had great reviews and after using it now for weeks I ..., 23 Sept. 2014
Was surprised to see a wii remote with motion plus and nunchuck this cheap, however there were cheaper on Amazon but looking at reviews I knew why. This however as well as being cheap had great reviews and after using it now for weeks I can say the difference between this and the Nintendo one is minimal indeed. Same weight to them and build quality is very good. Have dropped this onto a hard floor twice and no problems. This actually seems to be better for sensitivity and precision than my original remote which has added motion plus. The fact it comes in several colours is great too. For less than a pound more I got it in pink. I actually ordered a white one at first and was so pleased I got a pink one for my wife who sometimes plays on the wii and with me on multiplayer. Everything about this is excellent and would highly recommend it to anyoone.

Golden Jojoba Oil - 100% Pure - 500ml
Golden Jojoba Oil - 100% Pure - 500ml
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars give it time, 8 April 2014
There's a lot of info on this product on the internet with I think the majority saying it had some benefits for their skin, with some saying it was a miracle cure and the rest split into no affect and was bad for them. As with everything there will be likers and haters, people who it worked for and others it didn't . This is the same for any product you put on skin with some people saying their skin got worse and others no effect and some with skin improvement. I think for this the majority of people say their condition got worse at first . Mainly due to the pores getting cleansed from the inside out and also because it just took time for their skin to get used to it and as with a lot of products the skins natural reaction at first is to revolt against the product with side effects. It got worse with me with my acne going from less than medium to more than medium and I doubted my wisdom in even trying it for a while but my skin did feel good and soft so I persevered and I am glad I did because it was worse for months and then it got considerably better to the point now at least face and neck wise it has all but gone completely. The problem lies in how long you are prepared to wait and there's the risk that if you wait and wait and still no joy that there will come a time it is apparent it just aint for you and maybe the damage of more acne etc will have been done by then with more scarring to follow for the worst affected. It's a fine line, all I can say is I myself waited for longer than was reasonably suggested by others online and it paid off in the end.I guess some people take longer for the pores to give up their blocked nastiness than others I would suggest unless your skin gets really bad and that's after say 6 weeks and still really bad you should stop and lets face it if your skin is bad to start with maybe you should go down the anti biotic route and maybe the severe anti biotic route with seeing a dermatologist. Don't think this will have much affect on bad acne but if your on strong antibiotics then liberal use of this will I imagine be beneficial to keep your skin from the drying affects of those treatments. You should use this product liberally anyway a small 5p sized amount in the palm of your hand should be enough for face, neck, back and arms if needed. I use slightly more as my acne is gone now and I use it more a s a moisturizer that wont give me acne because it doesn't block pores.So give it time and unless your acne gets unbearably worse keep with it, use it liberally and don't expect quick results over night. I think it's great and even as a moisturizer alone it works great with the added benefit it doesn't block pores, it supposedly also helps with smoothing scarring and has vitamin/mineral advantages too. Great product if you ask me.

BW® New Android Smartphone 5.5'' IPS Screen MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa core 1GB RAM 16GB ROM 3G WCDMA Dual SIM -- White

1.0 out of 5 stars I should have waited, 8 April 2014
I got this phone 6 months ago now and I gave it a very positive review not long after I got it but I should have waited longer to see if any faults developed and indeed they did! The first thing that happened was I scuffed the screen slightly with my house keys, was a light touching together so I thought nothing of it, then discovered days later it had a scratch on it which through time got worse and ended up as a full blown crack all the way round and up through the middle of the phone, which was causing me big problems with the touch screen and seeing icons etc through the thickening crack. Ok so it was still useable but badly interfered with my phone use and enjoyment and showed up the phone screen to be cheap and nasty that a slight scratch with house keys could cause such damage. Since then I dropped it on my floor and it fell about 16 inches off the ground and slid across my wooden floor a bit, not the worst fall ever and I have phones that have survived much more impact etc. From that day bit by bit my phone's display has gone missing with half the display only showing and a thick black border on the left covering up all the icons on that half of the phone, everything on that side doesn't show so phone numbers are half visible etc, I am guessing what i am pressing therefore, also ringtone changes as and when it wants, calls are coming through as miss calls even though they are not, alarm is not going off, phone is putting itself on silent just for a laugh, phone is going so much slower than when i got it and battery is needing charged twice a day now and that's with me not using it at all now for internet purposes. The phone though at first looking good and seeming sturdy enough has been shown to be cheap in all respects and on reading lots of negative comments it seems there is a trend were people are saying all these and similar faults have came through time and they pointed out that people are giving this phone high marks when they have just been using it for days and weeks at most. I suspect that is the case and people are too hasty to give it high reviews not long after purchase(I myself was guilty of that) So in my changed opinion this phone isn't worth the low price and has shown itself to be not a bargain but deserving of the low price. We all want a bargain and I did look at the reviews and comments carefully before buying but I didn't take into consideration the comments were not long after purchase and lets be fair about it that makes the very high review scores flawed to say the least, the catalogue of faults I have had in a short 6 month period is way to much to take even at this price. My advise leave well alone and save up for a better trustworthy branded phone that though may be sacrificing on so called performance is better built and has dearer components inside.

Golden Jojoba Oil - 100% Pure - 1 Litre
Golden Jojoba Oil - 100% Pure - 1 Litre
Offered by Naissance

5.0 out of 5 stars It's how you use it and for how long, 3 Mar. 2014

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars review, 31 July 2013
not as greasy or heavy as other sunscreens and definitely more waterproof as there was a prolonged summer shower when i wore it and no running. Did get a bit in eyes and contrary to info it did nip a bit but went away after ten mins or so and didn't nip as much as other sunscreens. good product will but again.

Swanson Burdock Root 460mg, 100 Capsules
Swanson Burdock Root 460mg, 100 Capsules
Offered by healthmonthly-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 31 July 2013
a good quality and came before it said it would so all round great.buy and will be purchasing again soon

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars review, 31 July 2013
was pleased with it, only marked it down one because the on/off button was a bit flimsy but hasn't broken as yet. It's lightweight but have used it loads of times and no problem. Price was very good for what you get compare dto cheap supermarket own brands.

Harris Taskmaster 12ft x 9ft Double Protection Polythene Backed Cottondust Sheet

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 31 July 2013
Item was as described. Would have preferred if they made the item in a bigger size but that's not detracting from item. I did a whole house of painting and not one splash got through, so pleased.

Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Offered by Seat Reserved

4.0 out of 5 stars mouse review, 27 Oct. 2012
Good mouse of the cheaper variety. In it's price range and lets face it you can't really get much cheaper it is very good, a tiny bit smaller than my dearer logitech mouse and does the same things. Definitely better than anything you would get in a supermarket in the same price range. Mouse seems pretty sturdy, cable not bad as far as thickness goes. Feels nice to the touch and all in all I think it would beat dearer products. A mouse is a mouse after all.

Logitech Keyboard K120 - UK layout
Logitech Keyboard K120 - UK layout
Offered by Kikatek

4.0 out of 5 stars keyboard review, 27 Oct. 2012
Would come under the heading basic keyboard I guess that does everything you want a keyboard to do. It aint bulky which is a good thing but it aint obviously cheap either, has a decent weight to it compared to the cheaper alternatives but not heavy. keys are the big surprise they are just so nice to type on, something you might expect on a dearer model. I am well pleased with the design too. Really glad I bought this keyboard and at the price I urge anyone who is not a keyboard snob to do the same, you will not be dissapointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4