Profile for Cerberus1966 > Reviews

Content by Cerberus1966

Cerberus1966

Aliens Colonial Marines - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Aliens Colonial Marines - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Price: 4.00

2.0 out of 5 stars umm...what now?, 21 Feb 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
At first I thought i liked how this game was presented, being a huge fan of the franchise. However i think I was guilty of being swept up in that love of the franchise before i really started to see this for what it is. It is so easy to get caught up in things like...the guns sound right...i have a motion tracker...the music is just like in the film...and then you start to see whats really happening.
The graphics....well..they're not dire or rabidly ancient, but they are NOT of the quality you would expect from a 2013 game (even one that has been put off again and again over the years just to maximise Fox's profits). They can be patchy in places, the lighting, while sometimes has an almost realistic quality, in general is just a little off, just enough to make you wonder if it should have been a little different in that corridor, or outside that container in the rain.
The sound...probably the one thing I cant really critisize too much as so much of it was lovingly recreated from the film. Everything sounds like you'd expect.
The story...well, overall its pretty interesting, its a nice alternative take on what happened after Ripley, Bishop and Hicks defeat the Queen, and links in fairly nicely with Weyland Yutani being an evil corporation...BUT...at times it loses its way, and jumps around like a scalded armidillo. Your left wondering..what..wait...how did we get here? what just happened?.
Overall I have to say I'm disappointed in this game. It's nowhere near what i was expecting(or what all the hype said it would be) and after the constant delays and date pushing that made us wait year after year for its release..I'm not personally sure it was worth the wait.
And if your looking for lots of gameplay? move on..its a short game..a VERY short game(single player)
Good game, fun in places, but dated and , well....badly constructed in lots of ways. Just my opinion though.
All i can hope is that future DLS's that we'll have to pay for and MIGHT complete the story will save this from the Bargain Bin at the local games emporium.

Nemesis Now Hells Daughter Gothic Ornament
Nemesis Now Hells Daughter Gothic Ornament

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., 16 Feb 2011
This was my first purchase of Nemesis Now and I think after receiving this I'll be buying more. The level of detail is amazing as is the attention to colour and form. No mis-placed details, no painting mistakes, a very well thought-out and produced gothic statue.