Profile for K. Stead > Reviews

Content by K. Stead

K. Stead (South Coast, England)

The Giggler Treatment (BBC Audio)
The Giggler Treatment (BBC Audio)
by Roddy Doyle
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Oct 2010
My 9 year old has a lot of story C.Ds ranging from Greek Myths and Famous Five to Michael Morpurgo. I bought this one based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. It is brilliant and so,so funny. I found it hilarious and in turn my son found it incredibly funny that I was laughing at such 'school boy' humour. The reading of this is very clever and we loved the seagul and have adopted his little sayings as a family in joke. BUY IT!

How to Build Castles (Klutz)
How to Build Castles (Klutz)
by Doug Stillinger
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, old fashioned fun, 28 Jan 2009
My 7 yr old son was given this for Christmas. It remained unopened for a couple of weeks until we opened it one rainy Sunday when I had put a ban on anything involving a screen or charger! It is superb. He loves it and he keeps returning to it. The product is sturdy and would be a great product to tuck in a suitcase as you don't need the book after a while so will take up little room.You don't need 2 sets but I will buy another set just to add to the fun. The only disappointing bit is breaking your castle up to make another one. Well worth the money.

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table,stories from Camelot (Junior Classics)
by Benedict Flynn
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 2 Oct 2008
My 7 year old son loves audio books and we have lots! He likes King Arthur tales but they can often be quite difficult to read and understand. However this is read brilliantly and we have both been gripped. Admittedly I have quite often had to pause it and explain parts but it is read in chapters which gives you convenient places to recap. We have listened travelling to and from school and for 3 nights we sat in the car on the drive listening to see what happens. This is a great next step if they are getting a little to old for 'Stories for 5/6/7 year olds" audio books. It really is great. Buy it!