Profile for Barchester > Reviews

Barchester (Devon, England)

Page: 1 | 2
The Pillars of the Earth: TV Tie-in
The Pillars of the Earth: TV Tie-in

2.0 out of 5 stars Ken Follett is a good story-teller but a poor writer, 11 Feb. 2015
Ken Follett is a good story-teller but a poor writer. The narrative rattles along but is full of repetition and abysmal dialogue which drag it right down. I enjoyed the mathematical and architectural detail in, for instance, the proportions required in the construction of the cathedral, and also some of the passages covering the contemporary history but then he descends into another interminable blow-by-blow account of brutality, rape and pillage and I'm tempted to give up. I shall persevere to the end of the story just to see what happens, but I won't be recommending this book to my friends.

Toast & Marmalade: and Other Stories
Toast & Marmalade: and Other Stories
by Emma Bridgewater

5.0 out of 5 stars A real feel-good book, 27 Mar. 2014
An attractively produced book with an inspiring and heart-warming story, fabulous photographs and some lovely homely looking must-try recipes. This book will appeal to anyone who enjoys beautiful things.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice soft leather, 8 Oct. 2013
Pretty well just what we wanted with the additional bonus of a slot for paper money. Only 4 stars because the zipped purse is not much use - small with the very stiff zip in the middle rather than at the top.

Morning Garden -Ladies Handbags Shoulder bags /'Lady 29 Collection' (Convertible)
Offered by Handbag Queen UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful lightweight summer bag, 8 Aug. 2013
I like this bag. The double zips make it easier to find things at the bottom. It is light and attractive and stands up well on it's own. Only four stars because it could do with a couple of slit pockets on the outside, and pockets for mobile phone and pen on the inside.

Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Stiletto Two-Tone Watch #EG3044-59A
Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Stiletto Two-Tone Watch #EG3044-59A

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful little watch, 29 Jun. 2013
I just love everything about this watch. It's ultra-slim which makes it so comfortable and easy to wear. I love the feeling of it settling on my wrist when I put it on in the morning and it never catches on the sleeves of my clothes. The fine detailing of the strap means it's a superb fit - I find myself stroking it during the day, it's so silky smooth - and the two tone colouring is really attractive - exactly the right combination of the two colours. The face is wonderfully clear and easy to read - altogether a very elegant and classy looking watch. And no need ever to buy another battery - an all round winner!

Rotary Women's Quartz Watch with White Mother of pearl Dial Analogue Display and Two Tone Stainless Steel Bracelet LB08001/02

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch but too big for me, 18 Jun. 2013
I loved everything about this watch. Lovely clear face with elegant markings and the two tone strap is beautiful - much more attractive than in the picture online. However I have very slender wrists and because of the generous size of the dial which I really liked, the links of the strap stood up like little teeth where it joined the shoulders of the watch so I reluctantly had to return it.

Rose Geranium Roll On Pulse Point Natural Oil 10ml
Rose Geranium Roll On Pulse Point Natural Oil 10ml
Offered by Aromabar

1.0 out of 5 stars No discernible scent, 6 May 2013
Very disappointing - the roll-on was stiff and difficult to operate and the oil had virtually no scent of rose geranium. However no quibble refund given when I returned it, so no complaints about the customer service.

Sure Tread Bath Mat
Sure Tread Bath Mat
Offered by Complete Care Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Non slip bath mat that really works!, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Sure Tread Bath Mat
The suckers stick the mat on to the surface of the bath very well but more importantly the chevrons stop me slipping on the surface of the mat! The only one I've found that does this.

Adults Multipocket Shooting Hunting Mesh Fishing Vest Gilet
Adults Multipocket Shooting Hunting Mesh Fishing Vest Gilet
Offered by Dallas Wear Ltd
Price: £19.99 - £24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great when you're on crutches!, 8 April 2013
I bought this to carry items around the house as I am on crutches having recently sustained a broken leg. I agree with the other reviewers that the gilet arrived swiftly and was exactly as described. The pockets are made of a sturdy canvas material that seems very durable and the mesh is a lightweight nylon. Medium size is generous but not overly baggy and would go over a coat/fleece etc. The pockets are very roomy and more than adequate to carry several large items including a small flask of coffee!

Philips GC 130 DIVA  Iron
Philips GC 130 DIVA Iron

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little iron, 1 Jan. 2013
I love this iron. Ultra lightweight with a wonderfully smooth sole plate, heats up fast, clever button groove to make shirt ironing a doddle and about 3m of cord. I'm never going back to heavy, unwieldy, dribbly steam irons which need frequent filling up and leave wet patches on the ironing board. If the creases are really stubborn I just give them a burst from a water spray bottle but I rarely need it.

Page: 1 | 2