Profile for Z. Shewell > Reviews

Content by Z. Shewell

Z. Shewell "icklezoe" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Sony MDR-ED21LP Groove Shaped Earpiece headphones (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 4 Dec 2011
I recently bought my third pair of these earphones. The first pair finally died a noble death having suffered over 24 months of gym and running use (the left ear eventually stopped working as the cable started to fray - i've no complaints though as they had suffered in my gym kit quite a bit). The second pair are still going strong but they haven't been abused quite as much so far.
I prefer these earphones to others avaliable due to the shape of the earpiece. They are one of the few which offer the groove shaped bud. They stay put within the ear without too much issue, and without digging into the skin or creating suction which some other product's earbuds tend to do with me.
The sound quality is good. I've tried them with high-end products (the Cowon J3), and my cheap running player (a Sansa clip). So far i've no complaints on either.
For the price, i would definitely recommend.

Quality Soft Silicone Protective Case Cover and Crystal Clear Screen Protector for Motorola Atrix 4G - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 23 Nov 2011
If you want a cheap and simple case for your Motorola Atrix, then this product is a good choice. The case improves your grip of the phone (as the original phone case is quite slippery). It has holes in the case for the lenses, speakers, power button and volume buttons.
The clear screen protector was easy to apply to the phone, and prevents any accidental scratches.
Overall a decent product for the low price.

Skytronic Shaver Adaptor
Skytronic Shaver Adaptor
Offered by Openeye

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems so far, 22 Sep 2011
Item purchased to allow me to charge my electric toothbrush via a wall socket rather than bathroom based shaving socket. Has worked perfectly so far. Very lightweight so would travel easily as well.

M-Edge Latitude Kindle Keyboard Jacket  - Black
M-Edge Latitude Kindle Keyboard Jacket - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars M-Edge Latitude Kindle case, 4 July 2011
The case securely holds the kindle in place, preventing it from sliding around at all.
It's also slightly padded so prevents damage to the screen when it gets squashed inside my bag.
When opened the case folds back on itself and can be re-zipped to prevent the front cover hanging down getting in the way.
Some reviews have mentioned difficulty getting at the on/off switch and other controls on the bottom of the kindle whilst it's in the case - this is a minor nuisance and shouldn't put you off buying this product.
I haven't tried carrying the charger etc. in the outside pocket yet, but there looks to be plenty of room to do so.

Tuff-Luv Leather Case Cover and Wrap-M Cable Manager Technology for Cowon J3
Tuff-Luv Leather Case Cover and Wrap-M Cable Manager Technology for Cowon J3

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 19 Jun 2011
Case fits the Cowon J3 player suggly and allows easy access to the side buttons and base area for headphone access etc. The top folds over to cover the face of the player and prevents it from becoming scratched in your bag/pocket. It holds shut with little magnets i believe.
Very nice overall, would recommend for purchase for use with Cowon J3 player.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite impressed, 19 Jun 2011
I got the Kindle (Wi-Fi and 3G version) for my birthday, and am very impressed with it. So far it has done exactly as advertised - is lightweight, easy to operate, readable in bright sunshine, and has good battery life. I'd recommend to all to buy a case - i got one so it wouldn't get scratched or battered in my bag.
It survived a return trip from London to Atlanta, as well as 5 days of 90+ degree heat in Tennessee without any problems.

I've not tried anything fancy with it yet - audio books, music playback, newspapers or blogs yet. I've also only downloaded about 12 or so books, and a few free samples too.

As an alternative to carrying a hard back book (and even most paperbacks) on the daily commute, it's great! Would recomend this product.

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 30 Jun 2010
I've been a fan of Grace & the Nocturnals since watching them at a couple of American festivals. They're amazing live, full of energy and passion for their music. This energy is evident in their new studio album, particuarly in the tracks "Only Love" and "Tiny Light".
The new bass player adds a nice twist to the original line-up both on the bass and with the extra vocals.
The album has taken over top spot as my favourite album of 2010, and doesn't look likely to be knocked off anytime soon.

Chambers Adult Learners' Guide to Numeracy
Chambers Adult Learners' Guide to Numeracy
by Geoff Mainwaring

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 11 Jan 2010
This book was extremely useful in improving my understanding of certain (often simple) calculations that I had always struggled with.
Everything is clearly set out with simple explanations and examples, and then finished with a nice selection of practice questions for each stage.
Would recommend to anyone who wishes to improve or "revise" their basic math, or in my case teach it to themself from scratch as my teachers at school had no success.
My only negative is that I wished it included a chapter on speed-time-distance calculations as I particuarly need to know this.
Overall has greatly improved my confidence in my ability to do maths at all.

Bruce Springsteen Live In New York City
Bruce Springsteen Live In New York City

5.0 out of 5 stars hasn't lost it yet!, 24 May 2001
This is a brilliant CD, one that will remain in my top five greatest list for a while yet (if not forever). I'm 16 years old (usually quite young to be a Springsteen fan) but I saw him live at Earls Court a while a ago and loved it. The video for this CD (shown on Channel 4 ) a while ago is brilliant as well! The Songs on this album don't stick to his most famous ones and is a good variety. He works well to incorporate all of the band members perfectly as well. Does anyone else just LOVE the way he introduces everyone? If you're a Springsteen fan, you can not afford to not own this CD. Hell, you should buy it even if you're not a fan! You should also buy it to see how a concert should really go, and especially to get tips on how to get the crowds going!

Across a Wire
Across a Wire

5.0 out of 5 stars i love this album, 20 Feb 2001
This review is from: Across a Wire (Audio CD)
i love this album simply because they have taken all the original songs, and given them a lively twist to each when playing them live. It's so good to hear the songs when being played to audiences because the band are more likely to bring in solos and different intros-which they did, and it worked!!!

Page: 1 | 2