Profile for Marion A. Knott > Reviews

Matilda's Cat
Matilda's Cat
by Emily Gravett

5.0 out of 5 stars Meow, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Matilda's Cat (Hardcover)
Actually I haven't read this but bought it for my English friends who are two and six. I wanted to get it in the US to avoid the shipping charges but it's still not available. I think the kids loved it.

The Very Clever Crocodile (Peek a Boo Pop Ups)
The Very Clever Crocodile (Peek a Boo Pop Ups)
by Jack Tickle

5.0 out of 5 stars He/she, 2 Jan. 2013
I have all the Jack Tickle books and the K's especially love them. They react happily when they see the Peek a Boo symbol at the top. Recently heard that Jack Tickle was really a girl. Whatever, boy, girl, it , these books are great.

The Highway Rat
The Highway Rat

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray!, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Highway Rat (Hardcover)
I just about jump for joy when I find another Julia Donaldson book. I have infected my love of her books when I share them with my kids in an inner city San Francisco school.

Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 2: Songbirds Phonics: Pack (6 books, 1 of each title)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hit for the first graders, 2 Jan. 2013
I work with kids who have difficulty in reading. These books are of high interest. The kids love them a lot.

The Great Sheep Shenanigans
The Great Sheep Shenanigans
by Peter Bently

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheepish, 2 Jan. 2013
I happened on this book by chance and loved it so now I am a Peter Bently fan. I loved it so much I wanted my English friends to share it with their kids and they loved it too.

Superworm
Superworm

5.0 out of 5 stars Superlative Julia., 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Superworm (Hardcover)
I wait eagerly for a new Julia ever since I got "Room On A Broom." Sadly, a lot of her books don't make it to the U.S. so I rely on Amazon.uk to supply me with my Julia "fix." The kids in my school love her so much we had a Gruffalo Party last year and the teacher is clamoring for a repeat.

The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems)
The Snake Who Came to Stay (Little gems)

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat Disappointed, 5 Sept. 2012
It was not the type of "book" I was expecting. I read to children from Kdg. to 2nd grade and I love reading Julia Donaldson's books. I will be able to use this book with my second graders and since I have read the book, see how they comprehend the book. It should have been one of her I Can Read or Sunbird (?) books. I have those and enjoy them.

Cave Baby
Cave Baby

5.0 out of 5 stars Julia and Emily-a new team, 30 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Cave Baby (Hardcover)
I loved this book and Emily's illustrations rival Julia's usual great illustrator, Axel Scheffler. The only critisism is that on some of the pages, the print is difficult to read since it is on dark pages. I read books to primary grade children and like to hold the book up while I read. This print keeps me from doing that. Julia Donaldson is my favorite author and doesn't get the recognition she deserves here in the U.S. I have her last four books and have yet to see them published here.
Love her website and share it with all my favorite little people.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2010 1:36 PM GMT

Zog
Zog

5.0 out of 5 stars Julia and Axel, What a team, 30 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Zog (Hardcover)
Wonderful book and I can hardly wait to read it to my Julia Donaldson audience. Her books here in the U.S. don't get the recognition she deserves. Some of her later books haven't even been published here. I will spend the money and get them from England, no matter what. Axel is her best illustrator and her web sites are a joy to young and old.

The Troll
The Troll

5.0 out of 5 stars Fulfillment, 13 Nov. 2009
This review is from: The Troll (Hardcover)
Another winner from Julia Donaldson. Besides the rhyming, she tells a great story. All of her books are different in content but all are equally enjoyable. My "kids" at the inner city school in SanFrancisco, eagerly look forward to another book by Julia Donaldson. When I go back East to my grandchildren, I always carry two Julia Donaldson books with me and share them with their classes. David Roberts is a good illustrator for this type book. My husband also put his stamp of approval on this book and that is not easy to get!

Page: 1 | 2