Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Lighting Dynasty CREE LED Torch, Super Bright, Adjustable Focus, DURACELL Batteries Included [Energy Class A]
Offered by Fantastic led torches

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 7 Mar. 2016
Arrived before estimated date. It's a little heavier than I expected but it is compact and will fit into a pocket. Bright light. Positive on/off switch. Beam is easily adjusted. Feels like a quality product. Very pleased with it and would recommend

58mm Snap-on Lens Cap Cover with Cord strap for canon eos ef 18-55-250 75/300
58mm Snap-on Lens Cap Cover with Cord strap for canon eos ef 18-55-250 75/300
Offered by Hielec(Ship from China)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit on lense, 18 May 2015
Arrived before promised date. Excellent fit on lense. Very pleased. Will probably buy another as a spare.

SGP Samsung Galaxy Note Leather Wallet Case Valentinus Series Black
SGP Samsung Galaxy Note Leather Wallet Case Valentinus Series Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 7 Jan. 2014
Have given two stars because it is well made and looks good. But it loses three stars because it does not fit my note. The product description is wrong. It purports to fit the Galaxy Note, but it does not fit my Note 2. The cutouts are in the wrong places and the base is the wrong shape.

IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Tablet with Auto Sleep/Wake Function (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 7 Jan. 2014
Delivered promptly and well packaged.Very pleased with prod uct. Exactly what I wanted. Fits the table t perfectly. Offers a fair degree of protection but suits the slimline nature of the product. Would certainly recommend

Canon EW-73B Lens Hood For 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS EF-S and 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lenses

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality product, 27 April 2012
I bought this for my Canon EF-S 18-135 mm lens,although it is not advertised on Amazon as fitting that lens. However,it fits perfectly. I prefer the bayonet mount to a screw thread; quicker to fit and no worry about cross-threading. The bayonet mount is a firm fit - no fear of it falling off or being dislodged. The black felt inside lining is a nice touch. I know it is only a lens hood but for the type of photography I mainly do it is an essential accessory. This is a quality accessory to go with a quality camera. At full price I would think twice about buying it, although probably still buy it. At Amazon's price it's excellent value.Can thoroughly recommend.

GEM Professional Camera Case / Backpack with Waterproof Cover for Canon EOS SLR Models, 1100D, 1000D, 600D, 550D, 500D, 450D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 7D, 5D, 5D Mark II
Offered by GEM Bags & Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag; well made and designed, 26 April 2012
Following my purchase of a Canon 60D, I needed a bag in which I could comfortably carry 2 digital cameras plus telephoto lenses and which I could take on an aircraft - most of my photos are taken on holidays which usually involve flying. This bag is perfect for what I need. It is well made; strong fabric, and zips and no stitching which looks a bit suspect - what you would expect from a product which is described as "professional". Unlike other backpacks I looked at, it is well within the external dimensions for cabin luggage for most scheduled airlines. Well padded inside and plenty of adjustable divisions allow protection for small items. There is room inside for my Canon 60D and my wife's Olympus E-510 and 2 telephoto lenses, and room left over. The full size external pouch gives extra capacity for flatter items, like instruction books!. 2 small side pockets are suitable for spare batteries, memory cards etc Adjustable webbing on the pouch and straps underneath add to the carrying capacity. No side straps for a tripod. Not a problem for me, but worth noting. On the plus side, there is nothing on the outside to suggest it is holding expensive photo gear. There is enough padding on the back and shoulder straps to make it comfortable, even when fully loaded. A very good product and one I am very pleased I bought.Usual Amazon efficient delivery, arrived within 3 days of ordering and well packaged.

Portable USB Cassette Tape Deck to PC/MP3 Converter
Portable USB Cassette Tape Deck to PC/MP3 Converter
Offered by homeandco

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 10 Nov. 2011
Easy to instal. Adjusting the computer's sound settings was fiddly, but the instructions were easy to follow, and the unit works fine. End of good news. The sound recorded on the computer is so full of hiss and crackle that the music is simply inaudible. This happens on every tape I have tried.Tweaking the audio controls on the software does not help. Substantial noise reduction reduces most (but not all) of the noise but distorts the sound. I have now given up. Fortunately, the line out enables me to play my tapes through my hi-fi system and to record them on to SD cards through my hi-fi. Not what I had hoped but it is a step forward and at least I hav'nt completely wasted my money.

Panasonic Lumix TZ20 Digital Camera - Black (14.1MP MOS, 16x Optical Zoom) 3 inch Touchscreen LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive in both photos and videos, 21 Aug. 2011
I bought this as an alternative to my digital SLR when I didn't want the inconvenience of lugging the SLR and lenses around or my wife had already laid claim to my SLR!I have only had it for 3 weeks but I have carried out a number of tests in various situations.
Having read a number of informed reviews, I chose this camera on the basis that whilst the image quality might be poor at low light levels,this would have little effect on the type of photos I take and would be amply compensated for by the host of features. For me it was the right choice.I am very impressed with the camera.

Now for the detail
First- deivery; delivered 2 days after ordering and 1 day before esimated date and well packaged.
Second-I have read much criticism about the poor image quality at low light levels that thought I would get this out of the way early on.I have deliberately experimented with photos in different lighting conditions, including sunshine,cloudy,very overcast, evening and dusk.Sunshine and cloudy were excellent, even when compared with similar photos from my SLR.The only photo I considered poor was the one taken at dusk, and that was of a dark subject. The sort of picture I would not normally take.These were all viewed on my computer on a 24" monitor at 100% view.The resolution is very sharp, very good colours and exposure is spot on. In short, for 99% of the pictures I am likely to take the quality will be somewhere between excellent and good.
There is more to a camera than image quality. It should be convenient to use for point and shoot situations, enjoyable to use and reliable. I cannot comment on the last at the moment, but for the first 2 it ticks all the boxes.
I have not had time to check out all the features yet, but a brief mention of those I have

Zoom - fast zoom and the touch-screen zoom is easy to control with fast and slow settings. The excellent image-stabiliser means there is no camera shake even on full zoom-amazing.
Intelligent automatic- takes the automatic setting to a new level and works well
LCD- resolution is good but still difficult to see in bright sunlight despite the special setting to increase brightness; oh for an optical viewfinder!
GPS-not convinced about this
Controls- generally easy to access and the Quick menu is really useful.
Touchscreen-I'm glad that the touch-screen controls are an alternative to traditional controls. I use the touch-screen for zoom and focusing (very useful for this) and zooming on playback but not much else. Maybe I will use them more in time!
Video-quality is excellent and it is easy to switch from photo to video.

To summarise,I feel it is a very impressive camera and at Amazon prices (and the Panasonic cash-back) you get a lot of camera for your money.
In fact, for my next holiday I am seriously contemplating leaving the SLR and camcorder at home and just taking my one small camera.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2012 9:46 PM BST

The Walrus and the Carpenter and Other Favourite Poems
The Walrus and the Carpenter and Other Favourite Poems
by various various

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 25 Aug. 2010
A lovely little book of favourite poems for children selected by a number of celebrities. It is an ideal stocking filler and a way to get children interested in poetry as well as being for a very good cause. It is particularly special to me as it was my daughter Sarah who put the book together but sadly died before it was published.

PressIt A4 White CD Label (100)
PressIt A4 White CD Label (100)

5.0 out of 5 stars PressIt A4 white CD label, 26 April 2010
Am a regular user of these. Easy to use with the kit and I have never had one come unstuck. The new labels are an improvement; they peel off the backing paper more easily.