Profile for L. A. Pyne-edwards > Reviews

Content by L. A. Pyne-edwards

L. A. Pyne-edwards (Derby. England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Moone Boy - Series 2 [DVD]
Moone Boy - Series 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris O'Dowd

5.0 out of 5 stars Irish gentle madness, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Moone Boy - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Missed the first series and saw this series advertised on the T V. I sent for both and watched them in order. I am so glad I did. They are so so funny in a tipical Irish way, gentle and droll. Chris Dowd will go far in any area of entertainment he chooses. I have seen him do stand up and in films and he never disappoints. His script writing is first class too. I loved the extras at the end of each DVD. the extras on some DVDs are just awful but these gave you a real insight into the production, writing and West coast Irish "towns."

Beautiful Mind, a [DVD]
Beautiful Mind, a [DVD]
Offered by zoverstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars True story, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Mind, a [DVD] (DVD)
A true story. Russell Crowe turns into a great actor in this. More so than even Gladiator. Watched it a lot and am still moved to tear every time.A must watch film. In fact I lent this out and it never came back. This is a replacement copy for me. No more lending.

A Street Through Time
A Street Through Time
by Steve Noon

5.0 out of 5 stars For all ages, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Street Through Time (Hardcover)
this is not only a History book but has humour too. If you closely examine each picture there are stories that go from page to page. My grandson who is 11 loves it and a friends child who is 6 carries it about where ever he goes because he loves it so much.

Much Ado About Nothing [DVD] [1993]
Much Ado About Nothing [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Kenneth Branagh

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 20 Nov. 2013
The acting was not only brilliant but it was filmed outside in France. The sun was shinning, the actors were getting sun kissed and the whole thing was up lifting. I understood the Bard perfectly through this film. A must for anybody doing exams about the theatre, the Bard or history.

An Unsung Hero: Tom Crean - Antarctic Survivor
An Unsung Hero: Tom Crean - Antarctic Survivor
by Michael Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars What a man!, 13 Jun. 2013
I first heard of Tom Crean while staying on the Dingle pennisular. I came across a pub painted bright blue called "The South Pole". It seemed strange to call a pub that, so I made it my business to find out about him. He lived a life that was truly remarkable and unique. The book could not have a better title. What this man did is staggering. He found Scott dead with his companions and laid them out. Mrs Scott found out what he had done and sent him money with which he bought this blue pub that he retired too.
He and two others trekked across uncharted ice waste for weeks to get help. When they found life at a whaling station they couldn't get the British to help because there is a war on "Don't you know!" I think it was a Chilean sea captain went to their rescue, a country that was fighting the British anyway.
If this man had been English every school boy would know his name as they do Captain Scott's.
If this story was written as a fiction it wouldn't be believable if would seem too far fetched.
If you are Irish. If you like true amazing tales. If you want knife edge seat read then Unsung hero is just this and more. Tom Crean is an unsung hero in every respect.

Beaded Door Curtain Tassel Fly Screen With Beads Yellow Cream Swirl
Beaded Door Curtain Tassel Fly Screen With Beads Yellow Cream Swirl

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 6 Mar. 2013
Liked it on the screen but was even nicer when was up up. When I looked at it in the tube package it looked a bit OTT. my fears were short lived when it was in place. Great.

Rab C Nesbitt - Series 9 [DVD]
Rab C Nesbitt - Series 9 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gregor Fisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Rab C never fails, 15 Jan. 2012
Rab C Nesbit is my all time favourite series.Gregor Fisher is a great actor. It would be easy to think he is funny in his own right (as well he maybe)he delivers someone elses word but what he bring to the part is truly unique. He is amazing. Because I am such a fan I now can understand the Scottish accent which is no mean feat. Gregor Fisher your truly amazing actor.

Zookeeper [DVD] [2011]
Zookeeper [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Kevin James
Offered by DVDBayFBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my grandson, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Zookeeper [DVD] [2011] (DVD)
It was bought for my grandson and we watched together. He thought it really funny. I thought it was funny on an adult level too. It was cleverly done
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2012 7:35 PM BST

Super 8 [DVD]
Super 8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elle Fanning
Offered by MediaMerchants

1.0 out of 5 stars All hype no bite, 15 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Super 8 [DVD] (DVD)
I don't know if I expected too much but I was really not impressed with this film.
I have since bought Cowboys v Aliens expecting it to be cheesey given the title but it was an unexpected blast. Go for that instead
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2012 12:48 PM BST

Chuzzle (PC CD)
Chuzzle (PC CD)
Offered by McArdle Office Supplies

3.0 out of 5 stars A game that does not tax your brain cells, 19 Dec. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Chuzzle (PC CD) (Video Game)
This is a mind numbing game but stangely addictive. Not enough info on how to play the game but is easily worked out. This game is for the really young or like me, really old. Not very taxing but fun.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4