ARRAY(0xb0e486a8)

Profile for Mr. D. M. Haywood > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. M. Haywood

Mr. D. M. Haywood "daz_man83" (England)

Captain Phillips - Limited Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2013]
Captain Phillips - Limited Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2013]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, gripping, epic performances, 17 Dec 2013
A fantastic film that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

A powerful, scarily real drama that makes you feel like you are Captain Philips.

Amazing acting from all involved, but by far the ending is the most powerful acting I have seen on the big screen, I was left an emotional wreck after the ending scene.

Tom Hanks I salute you, your a Legend.

Quite simply a masterpiece of film making, its nice to see a "Proper" film for a change instead of all this rehashed rubbish.

Simcity (PC DVD)
Simcity (PC DVD)
Offered by Bargain Games UK
Price: 21.99

1.0 out of 5 stars What a mistake i have just made!!, 10 Mar 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Simcity (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I just stood in the queue at my local game shop deciding at the counter what to buy.

It was a choice of 2 games, either the fantastic New Tomb Raider on the Xbox 360 or Sim City on PC.

Lets just say i didn't read the reviews on this site before i bought this god awful mess of a game!

I just came on to play my city only to find the server is busy and it wont try to reconnect again for 30 minutes? wtf?

So i have basically just paid EA 40.00 and they are restricting me from playing, utter robbery!

Why the hell are our cities on servers?, wheres the save option whose stupid idea is this?

I am angry and disgusted with EA, i for one will never buy another PC game with DRM ever again.

As for this i am still deciding what i can do with my useless game disc, i mean lets be honest whats the point in the disc and box now anyway?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2013 12:33 PM GMT

Fluval Edge Aquarium 46L Black Gloss
Fluval Edge Aquarium 46L Black Gloss
Offered by PetGoods4U
Price: 149.99

4.0 out of 5 stars What's the problem?, 9 Feb 2013
The LED that came with my tank lasted only 4 months and died, luckily I registered my fluval edge when I first bought it.

Most people don't realise that the LED unit is covered under the 2 year warranty, so no need to buy replacements as long as you register the warranty.

I had mine replaced within a few days after emailing Hagen and the retailer, saving me over 40.00!!

So for those moaning about the LED, if you did your homework you would find it is covered by the warranty.

FLUVAL EDGE 46LITRE LED LIGHT UNIT

Fluval E 100w Advanced Electronic Heater
Offered by Kettering Koi & Ponds Ltd
Price: 25.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst heater i have ever used!, 10 Nov 2012
I originally had a cheap 100w heater from ebay and decided to upgrade to something with a bit more reliability and also with a 5 year warranty.

I was drawn in by the LED screen and all the technical talk, about how it constantly checks this temperature and how it cycles this and all that.

How wrong i was, this heater is absolutely terrible, i have had it for only one day after removing my cheap 10 heater and my temperature has dropped from a constantly and well maintained 27 degrees to 24.5 degrees!, it has killed 5 of my fish due to such a large temperature drop.

I had to add warm water just to keep my temperature between 26 and 27 degrees!

I only have a small 46 litre tank, and even the E100W heater cannot maintain the temperature, i turned the temperature up to 30 degrees to see if it would elevate any quicker, but it cannot even heat the water a few degrees. I cant imagine how the E100w is supposed to heat a 120 litre tank!

I have tried everything and it just sits there flashing blue all the damn time, constantly get LF warnings or (LOW FLOW) even though its under my filter, where there is maximum water flow.

After much research it seems that this heater does not work properly without massive water flow, great if you have a marine tank with water jets or you use it in the sea, but not very useful in aquariums.

Its a real shame as i wanted to like this heater, but it just is not fit for purpose, my cheap heater from ebay did a much better job and i never saw the temperature drop below 26 degrees, even when it was very cold in the house!

Overall a very poorly designed heater, it wont heat your tank unless you have a high flow of water and even then it does not seem to do very much, a very expensive thermometer!... that's all it is.